+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Here's another one...Yasin Ben El-Mhanni currently at Newcastle

Here's another one...Yasin Ben El-Mhanni currently at Newcastle

'a tricky winger' apparently. 22 years old and wants away following the Peter Beardsley controversy.

http://the72.co.uk/97309/newcastle-u...-cardiff-city/

Re: Here's another one...Yasin Ben El-Mhanni currently at Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    'a tricky winger' apparently. 22 years old and wants away following the Peter Beardsley controversy.

http://the72.co.uk/97309/newcastle-u...-cardiff-city/
    Sorry, that report is from 'We Love the Football League' weblog so it must be right

This is another one where I can imagine the club made an enquiry over the past few weeks (as they allegedly also made bids of £3m and £4m for Forshaw and Dack) but before the loan signings were made. I can see the sense in bringing in another midfielder (but not for big money) and another forward (for big money) as we are light in both areas because of injuries and players taking time to regain form.

But another winger or wide attacker?

We have Hoilett near his best, Mendez-Laing looking better each outing, Wildschut impressing and getting fitter, Kadeem back on the pitch and impressing in training, Feeney on the bench, Pilkington with no pace but looking sharp again and able to tuck in on the left (and as a No 10) and Paterson as a utility player who was hit and miss as a NML cover, but able to occupy a space and cause havoc in the opposition box. Any further back up in those positions should surely come from the u23s?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    This is another one where I can imagine the club made an enquiry over the past few weeks (as they allegedly also made bids of £3m and £4m for Forshaw and Dack) but before the loan signings were made. I can see the sense in bringing in another midfielder (but not for big money) and another forward (for big money) as we are light in both areas because of injuries and players taking time to regain form.

But another winger or wide attacker?

We have Hoilett near his best, Mendez-Laing looking better each outing, Wildschut impressing and getting fitter, Kadeem back on the pitch and impressing in training, Feeney on the bench, Pilkington with no pace but looking sharp again and able to tuck in on the left (and as a No 10) and Paterson as a utility player who was hit and miss as a NML cover, but able to occupy a space and cause havoc in the opposition box. Any further back up in those positions should surely come from the u23s?
    Yeah I don't buy it either.