+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff's 4m bid rejected by League 1 Club for midfielder

Cardiff's 4m bid rejected by League 1 Club for midfielder

Cardiff City are involved in a four-way battle with three other Championship sides for Blackburn Rovers midfielder Bradley Dack.

Aston Villa, Leeds United and Middlesbrough are also interested in Dack which could start a transfer tug-of-war between all three sides, with all in contention of promotion.

The Daily Star say that Cardiff have already seen a bid of £4m knocked back by Rovers as they try to keep hold of the man they signed for £750,000.

Dack has only been at Ewood Park since the summer but has impressed for the Rovers, having scored 11 goals in 29 appearances.

The 24-year-old spent half a decade with Gillingham, helping them to promotion back in the 2012/2013 season. Dack has helped Blackburn reach second in League One, as Rovers try to return to the Championship at the first attempt, following their relegation last season.

dack.jpg

Amidst interest from four Championship sides, Blackburn Rovers manager Tony Mowbray is confident that Dack can play at the highest level.

“If he wants to make it in the Premier League one day, hopefully with this club, then you have to give your life to football, work hard, sleep and eat right.” said Mowbray when speaking to BBC Sport back in October.

The Greenwich born midfielder was rewarded for his individual performances when he was handed the PFA Bristol Street Motors Player of the Month for the month of December.

Cardiff City have already signed midfielder Marko Grujic on loan from Liverpool this season, but with Aron Gunnarsson and Craig Bryson still injured. Neil Warnock could be looking to add more reinforcements to his side.

Re: Cardiff's 4m bid rejected by League 1 Club for midfielder

I expect this was a bid made about the same time as the £3m offer for Adam Forshaw - before the Marco Grujic loan signing.

It seems unlikely that we will go in big for another midfielder now. All the mood music is about using the transfer kitty to bring in a top of the range striker.

I don't particularly want us to buy anyone.

I just want them to start playing to their potential again

the squad is the best we've had for ages and there are good players in every position

I been singing this guys praises for a few years after watching him for Gillingham. Said if Slade had used his knowledge of the lower divisions then this was the type of signing we should have made in his time here, not journeymen like Alex ****ing Revell.

I don’t see Blackburn selling now tho as he is their ticket back to this league.

Also, hes an attacking midfielder so I don’t see where he fits in under Warnocks current system tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I been singing this guys praises for a few years after watching him for Gillingham. Said if Slade had used his knowledge of the lower divisions then this was the type of signing we should have made in his time here, not journeymen like Alex ****ing Revell.

I don’t see Blackburn selling now tho as he is their ticket back to this league.

Also, hes an attacking midfielder so I don’t see where he fits in under Warnocks current system tbh.
    My thoughts exactly. Would have been worth a punt in the summer. Not now.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I expect this was a bid made about the same time as the £3m offer for Adam Forshaw - before the Marco Grujic loan signing.

It seems unlikely that we will go in big for another midfielder now. All the mood music is about using the transfer kitty to bring in a top of the range striker.
    yes your probably spot on , with Bryson due back ,Richards / Patterson able fills in's front lads is what we need , probably two of them if were are going for it , if not hey, were fine.

Wales Online have now decided that Bradley Dack is a striker/forward - and one of 4 options for us along with Madine, McGoldrick and Grabban:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...-live-14189843

Every time I've seen him play (good player) he's been in an attacking midfield position.

OP, keep up at the back, will you

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Wales Online have now decided that Bradley Dack is a striker/forward - and one of 4 options for us along with Madine, McGoldrick and Grabban:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...-live-14189843

Every time I've seen him play (good player) he's been in an attacking midfield position.
    If we really are after him, I'd say there's a good chance Tomlin will be at another club (probably on loan?) by the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If we really are after him, I'd say there's a good chance Tomlin will be at another club (probably on loan?) by the end of the month.
    Straight swap, Dack for Tomlin .... if it's good enough for Manure & the Arse ....

I really like the look of Dack and Tomlin hasn't really had much of a chance to show what he can do this year. Might just be me but I wouldn't mind seeing this happen, however unlikely.