+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jacks v Scousers

Re: Jacks v Scousers

Swansea Manager Carlos Carvalhal: "I did an analogy with my players. Liverpool are a top team but they are a Formula one. If you put a Formula one in London traffic at 4 o clock the Formula one will not run very fast."

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    Swansea Manager Carlos Carvalhal: "I did an analogy with my players. Liverpool are a top team but they are a Formula one. If you put a Formula one in London traffic at 4 o clock the Formula one will not run very fast."
    Fair play, the 10-0-0 formation worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Little bit of perspective needed. The Jacks still need around 1.7 points a game average from playing the teams outside the top 6 to survive.
    They'll stay up they always do the spunky *****

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    They'll stay up they always do the spunky *****
    They've had the expected bounce with a new manager. It'll go back to the old way soon enough.

gutted you won of course, but i do like listening to Carvalhal, his quotes are great

Be positive, Welsh Club derby in Premiership next season!

Like it or not the Jacks got their tactics spot on. What a one sided game in terms of possession (72% vs 28%), which proves the point that such stats are meaningless. Have an 11 man defence, wait for the rare set piece, nick a goal, then defend to the death for the remaining time. I don't like either side but got a chance to see this game because I accidentally bought a one week pass on NOW TV to see the City vs Sheffield game instead of a one day pass. Now will be able to watch the Wurzels tomorrow too.

Only 6 points between Swansea at the bottom and 10th placed Watford. The Jacks can survive.

Feedback

Needs must. Don't know whether you've noticed but Swans are bottom and Liverpool are potential title challengers. Don't worry about Sunday - City won't put out their first team for the FA Cup. C'mon you Swan-s-s!!
    I reckon we will have our 1st team out

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    If they keep on winning they will never get their club back
    YEEEEEEEEEEEHA
    Yeah I agree, they are in a world of pain at present, imagine gonzo picks up another £5 million bonus for keeping them up by the skin if their teeeth again.

Don’t panic. They’re coming down. NQAT.

Needs must. Don't know whether you've noticed but Swans are bottom and Liverpool are potential title challengers. Don't worry about Sunday - City won't put out their first team for the FA Cup. C'mon you Swan-s-s!!
    You reckon we won’t put our first team out?? Can’t see us ‘resting’ anyone for this one, they’ll all want a bit of it.

Full credit to Swansea City.
    Hymns and Arias sounds awesome at their games.
    Like with our Drink up Cider songs, it’s a unique identity they have. Not some regular song used by everyone and adapted with a club name.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Like with our Drink up Cider songs, it’s a unique identity they have. Not some regular song used by everyone and adapted with a club name.
    Unique identity my arse. It’s a rugger song. Also Wrexham have been singing it for years.

It’s a rugby song you Tit.

Just when it seemed impossible for you to make yourself look more stupid, you take halfwittery to a new level and achieve the impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    It’s a rugby song you Tit.
    ?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtvbQbSYZwg

A rugby song sung by rugby or clueless football fans....no surprise that you think it’s great, in fact, it’s a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You reckon we won’t put our first team out?? Can’t see us ‘resting’ anyone for this one, they’ll all want a bit of it.
    So you think when people refer to 'United' they mean perhaps Sheffield United? Or perhaps Hartlepool United? No I'm sorry to disappoint you but when people nationwide refer to 'City' it defaults to Manchester City. It may of course be different in Splott, Grangetown or Canton but it's just one of those inescapable truths.

Oh and I'm pretty sure that Cardiff City will put out their first team.

So you think when people refer to 'United' they mean perhaps Sheffield United? Or perhaps Hartlepool United? No I'm sorry to disappoint you but when people nationwide refer to 'City' it defaults to Manchester City. It may of course be different in Splott, Grangetown or Canton but it's just one of those inescapable truths.

Oh and I'm pretty sure that Cardiff City will put out their first team.
    The only people that should call Man City “City” are people from Manchester. Anyone else that does is a tit.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    The only people that should call Man City “City” are people from Manchester. Anyone else that does is a tit.
    Most of us Swans fans refer to them as 'Citeh' - a sort of fake deference. Now go and have a lie down in a darkened room until your pedantry stroke subsides.