+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bayeux Tapestry coming to Wales ?

Bayeux Tapestry coming to Wales ?

..apparently so, but the National Museum of Wales is undecided about the whole thing - a spokesperson said "we haven't decided whether to put it Bayeux, or by there.."

Re: Bayeux Tapestry coming to Wales ?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    ..apparently so, but the National Museum of Wales is undecided about the whole thing - a spokesperson said "we haven't decided whether to put it Bayeux, or by there.."
    Is it an insurance problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Is it an insurance problem?
    Travel insurance for the over 80's is prohibitive. It would be cheaper to make our own tapestry with a Welsh theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
    Travel insurance for the over 80's is prohibitive. It would be cheaper to make our own tapestry with a Welsh theme.
    A rugby ball, welsh cakes and a miners helmet to show welsh culture over the years? I think that would be excellent.

A rugby ball, welsh cakes and a miners helmet to show welsh culture over the years? I think that would be excellent.
    Rugby and mining are essentially a "Glamorgan" culture of the last hundred and fifty years. Take that out and any tapestry might get to being ten feet long.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

If it does come to Cardiff it will be one in the eye for the gloom and doom merchants

Rugby and mining are essentially a "Glamorgan" culture of the last hundred and fifty years. Take that out and any tapestry might get to being ten feet long.
    Both apply to Monmouthshire. Mining in North Wales.....Point of Ayr near Wrexham, slate mining too.

You can always add farming and er er ........ Shirley Bassey?

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    If it does come to Cardiff it will be one in the eye for the gloom and doom merchants

Apparently the Welsh were famous for eating cheese in centuries gone by.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Apparently the Welsh were famous for eating cheese in centuries gone by.
    Wouldn't that come under a sexual offence?

If the Tapestry ever comes to Wales, it'll be a stitch-up....

I'm not sure the miners of Monmouthshire, Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire, Anglesey and Flintshire would agree with you.

Wow, that is one historic piece of artifact .

Ce n’est pas une tapisserie c’est la broderie.

Around 20 years ago there was a football exhibition in the old Cardiff Library building. a City 1927 Cup final shirt, the ball, etc, etc. There was also an old Welsh football jersey attributed to 'Bryn' Meredith. I did point out the error but they weren't really interested -

Wouldn't that come under a sexual offence?
    Baked or toasted cheese was a Welsh delicacy which the English used to take the piss out of us over, basically saying that Welsh people were obsessed with cheese.
    Welsh rarebit is one of those piss takes, basically Welsh rabbit = cheese, because they're too poor to have real meat

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Should be byurrr and butheer. It’s the latter that kills me😋😋😋. Bay Boyos would also insist on translation- Dukio Williamio, Haroldio Godwinsonio😋😋😋

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Menken View Post
    Should be byurrr and butheer. It’s the latter that kills me������. Bay Boyos would also insist on translation- Dukio Williamio, Haroldio Godwinsonio������
    That doesn't sound very French.