+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can hear a pin drop at Trashtown Gate?

Re: Can hear a pin drop at Trashtown Gate?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What is the point of you being on here? Are you after a bite?
    You might just be onto something there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What is the point of you being on here? Are you after a bite?
    Already eaten.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Menken View Post
    Three of those four deemed not good enough to face the Wurzels.
    It was a semi final second leg. Of course they are going to put out a strong team.

Say what you like I thought we played fkin well in both games.
    Those who don’t see that I don’t think are actual football fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    I don’t think I’ve seen anyone on here suggest otherwise Cletus. Seeing as you seem to be so desperate for our recognition, well done, you played really, really well. Unfortunately you lost, that’s 6 out of last seven isn’t it, and no one will remember your league cup tie. It’s finals people remember.

He’s back looking for approval already. We need one of these just for Jursset

Well done they did play well

Unfortunately nobody will remember

Shame your boycotting them until they sack Lee Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Menken View Post
    Already eaten.
    How come you are no longer posting rubbish in mock Yorkshire - used to enjoy that.

People who boycott their team because they lose a few games, now they are not real football fans are they?

I did laugh at Man City's first goal, espescially after people saying how organised and disciplined you were that was comical!

First game you did well as Man City didn't turn up. Last night it could have been embarrassing but Man City took their foot right off the gas at 2-0 and allowed you into it. Even when were a minute away from an unlikely draw, they still had another few gears left to get the winner.

That's not actually me being anti-carrot cruncher. That's how it is with Man City. Even the very best teams struggle to even get close to them when they are at the top of their game. In the case of playing a Championship side giving their all, the only struggle for Man City would have been Man City themselves. Same when we play them on Sunday. If we get thrashed, no-one would be surprised. If it's close, or even by some miracle we don't lose, a part of that will be down to Man City not quite hitting the heights.

I dont think man city even needed to try and those two goals make the game look far closer than it was

one guy on your forum says Pep has man city playing the bristol city way. Surely that is a joke.......

You play bang average football from what ive seen and youve claimed in the past we play terribly, based on highlights I imagine.

a famous night doesn't beckon

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    How come you are no longer posting rubbish in mock Yorkshire - used to enjoy that.
    If tha thinks inconsistent Taffs can turn over mighty t’Citizens, then tha can whistle forreeet.

To be honest I think this is the best result we could have outside of beating Man City (which over 2 legs was near on impossible).

We’ve gone to the Etihad and not parked the bus. We’ve gone there and had a go playing the expansive passing football that is Johnson’s ethos.
    We’ve come away from that leg with huge plaudits.
    Then in the 2nd leg we’ve again had a good go, played the football we are about against the best side in Europe and again only lost due to a last gasp goal.

No shame in either result.
    Confidence is not dented, in fact it’s increased with the players wanting now to kick on and play there next season.
    Every player interviewed last night talked about focus now of getting back on track in the league.
    We have a good squad, high confidence, couple of good players come in and a few from injury returning.
    The focus is now the league.

Time will prove this the time or not.

To be honest I think this is the best result we could have outside of beating Man City.
    So the best result besides winning was losing? Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    So the best result besides winning was losing? Thanks for that.
    That’s a little childish as a response.
    There are many potential results when you look at it ranging from winning to getting absolutely pummeled over 2 legs by a cricket score.

But losing to two injury time goals against the best team in the land, putting up a better display at their ground than most PL teams and having confidence of the team sky high from the two games - yes if you aren’t going to win that’s a very good result.

There are many potential results when you look at it ranging from winning to getting absolutely pummeled over 2 legs by a cricket score.

But losing to two injury time goals against the best team in the land, putting up a better display at their ground than most PL teams and having confidence of the team sky high from the two games - yes if you aren’t going to win that’s a very good result.
    It was just a daft thing to write. You don't come across as somebody who's looking for a genuine conversation with people on this board so you reap what you sow. However, you played well overall I thought, although the score flattered you last night.

Need to have a crack at winning a few in the Championship now, bottom three are creeping up👍

Youve been listening too much to the propaganda commentators again, the love-in with Johnson, who works for Sky... looking after their own.

Man City could have cut loose at any time, scoring pretty much at will.

#deludedwurzel

Since when did you have a growth spurt anyway Jursett?

To be honest I think this is the best result we could have outside of beating Man City (which over 2 legs was near on impossible).

We’ve gone to the Etihad and not parked the bus. We’ve gone there and had a go playing the expansive passing football that is Johnson’s ethos.
    We’ve come away from that leg with huge plaudits.
    Then in the 2nd leg we’ve again had a good go, played the football we are about against the best side in Europe and again only lost due to a last gasp goal.

No shame in either result.
    Confidence is not dented, in fact it’s increased with the players wanting now to kick on and play there next season.
    Every player interviewed last night talked about focus now of getting back on track in the league.
    We have a good squad, high confidence, couple of good players come in and a few from injury returning.
    The focus is now the league.

Time will prove this the time or not.
    Todays "CHIP PAPER" mate (I say MATE, in the loosest of terms, as I wouldn't pi$$ on you if you were on fire.