+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Following on from the thread asking "What would you prefer" - how many on here have something on display from that Cup Final appearance?

Following on from the thread asking "What would you prefer" - how many on here have something on display from that Cup Final appearance?

My lad was eight at the time and it was, of course, 2008. I had a junior shirt made up showing 'Wembley' and the number '08' for him to wear. He wore it to the Barnsley semi-final; he was a damned nuisance wanting somethng to eat, toilet etc in the middle of the game so I didn't take him to the final

However, that shirt got framed with 'Wembley 08' on display and is on his bedroom wall to this day cup final.jpg

Re: Following on from the thread asking "What would you prefer" - how many on here have something on display from that Cup Final appearance?

Not sure what happened to this post from a couple of days ago but can'y find a single viewing or reply

I assume it didn't appear as it took a bit of sorting with the photo which I'm not that clever with.

It was prompted by another post about league or cup success

Re: Following on from the thread asking "What would you prefer" - how many on here have something on display from that Cup Final appearance?

I’ve got one of the big round signs that were on the lamppost in Cardiff. It’s lovely

I've still got the small inflatable sheep that was free in the Echo.

The black and yellow flag, the black and yellow shirt with fa final may 17th on it and the programme

My ticket, programme and flag are in a special Adidas shoebox under the bed

Is the big flag still knocking around? Walking up Wembley Way and seeing it on display in front of the stadium was epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Is the big flag still knocking around? Walking up Wembley Way and seeing it on display in front of the stadium was epic.
    It died on the pitch celebrating promotion to the Prem if I recall.