+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two brilliant ideas by me.

Two brilliant ideas by me.

First, for league one and two go back to South and North leagues. Fewer games, less of a slog travelling for fans and players alike, more time to train and improve. This would produce better football IMO. (are people still doing IMO?)

Second brilliant idea. Make the draw for the FA cup and League cup BEFORE the game. Will get teams up for it and will make the spectacle that little bit more exciting.

Re: Two brilliant ideas by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    First, for league one and two go back to South and North leagues. Fewer games, less of a slog travelling for fans and players alike, more time to train and improve. This would produce better football IMO. (are people still doing IMO?)

Second brilliant idea. Make the draw for the FA cup and League cup BEFORE the game. Will get teams up for it and will make the spectacle that little bit more exciting.
    Some brilliant questions:

- What if there are more Northern or Southern teams - do you redraw the line each season? And 5 of the top 6 in League One are currently Northern teams, so using this example, it's OK to give mediocre Southern teams and advantage?

- Doesn't it depend on who you get in the draw?

How would there be less games in a north/south split of Lee Gwan and Too?

No thank you. Firstly, you could get a disparity as some teams like Brackley etc in the National North have to travel miles, which will skew the league, compared to a Stockport etc. Also, why are we messing with the lower leagues? We have the best lower league structure in the world. Attendances prove this.

And it would make it more exciting for some, and equally more dull for others. We could get a prize of Man City at home, or Birmingham away.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Some brilliant questions:

- What if there are more Northern or Southern teams - do you redraw the line each season? And 5 of the top 6 in League One are currently Northern teams, so using this example, it's OK to give mediocre Southern teams and advantage?

- Doesn't it depend on who you get in the draw?
    RE the draw question. It would remain as is but just imagine that they draw for the following round on the Saturday morning rather than Sunday night. You'd have to do the "Cardiff City OR Mansfield Town Vs Manchester City or Reading" everytime...... but you'd soon get used to it.

I'm thinking that with the numbers of North South teams you could do some sort of play-off for league on teams getting into the non-divided championship. That way you'd ensure only the most deserving sides got that far. So it could be two automatics (one north/one south) and then semis playoff NorthvSouth and then final between whoever.....North North....South South.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    How would there be less games in a north/south split of Lee Gwan and Too?
    Well, at the moment there something like 24 teams. Split it . Add a couple extra if you want. So you'd have two 16 team leagues. 30 games a season. Christmas break. Or post christmas break if the traditionalists oppose. Fewer midweeks. Home gates would probably go up on weekends. More away fans because of easier distances/cost.

Well, at the moment there something like 24 teams. Split it . Add a couple extra if you want. So you'd have two 16 team leagues. 30 games a season. Christmas break. Or post christmas break if the traditionalists oppose. Fewer midweeks. Home gates would probably go up on weekends. More away fans because of easier distances/cost.
    There's 48 teams in League one and two already.

FA Cup - Why not just give the winners a European Champions league place - see how interested teams would be then. The Prem have 4, one could go to the FA Cup and be replaced by the Europa league place the FA Cup winners get at the moment

Fewer games = more small clubs going bust. They don't want a Christmas break.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Fewer games = more small clubs going bust. They don't want a Christmas break.
    Yep my thoughts exactly. Les games, less ticket and TV revenue

Div 3 North and South worked before. After they changed it a few clubs went bust. Games like Exeter v Carlisle are nuts for fans and players.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    Div 3 North and South worked before. After they changed it a few clubs went bust. Games like Exeter v Carlisle are nuts for fans and players.
    Cardiff City v Newcastle isn't much better

I've heard arguments that division 3 East and West would be actually easier to manage due to the road network

MAKE the fa cup draw before the game, so every one knows where the **** they are playing that day.

Just like basketball make it a rule that a team must have a shot within 30 seconds of crossing halfway.

Why doesn't every club just play against their reserve side 42 times a season? There will be no travelling, more time for training, and the grounds will be packed as every game will seem like a home game

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Cardiff City v Newcastle isn't much better
    Big difference. A lot of Newcastle fans have a few bob in their pockets. I know some who fly or go first class on trains to watch their team. Most people in Carlisle are pitifully poor peasants who spend half the year wading around in floods and the other half fighting each other for the last rain damaged turnips. Exeter fans are nearly all decrepit OAPs who panic if they have to travel further than the nearest pharmacy.

Make it a rule that for league games, away teams have a minimum of 20% of the tickets available, and away ticket prices are capped at £10.

Packed out away sections seems to spur the home fans into life and makes for a great atmosphere

As we also have the Vanarama NATIONAL League further down the pyramid
    featuring lots of former league clubs travelling the whole of England and Wrexham
    the OP has had a stab at the issue without taking on board the whole of the
    current situation.
    Daft idea in my opinion. Travel links much better than the olden days and fans like a good
    trip too.

Two rather silly ideas in fact.

Who in the lower leagues are whining about fixture congestion or a lack of a winter break? The clubs need the games to survive. That is a complete non starter and would only widen the gap between the Champ and L1+L2. This idea is incredibly half baked.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Who in the lower leagues are whining about fixture congestion or a lack of a winter break? The clubs need the games to survive. That is a complete non starter and would only widen the gap between the Champ and L1+L2. This idea is incredibly half baked.
    He should be thrown off the forum IMO

I think it used to happen years ago that, say, the City would play Newcastle home on Christmas Day, then Newcastle away on Boxing Day. Travelling by horse & cart, now that did need changing.

You obviously don't travel away often (if you do, you are travelling with the wrong people), as sometimes, the longer the trip, the better the day goes.

It's not just about 90 minutes of shite football

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    He should be thrown off the forum IMO
    Your still here then.

You're mate will pop up soon I'm sure.