+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two brilliant ideas by me.

Re: Two brilliant ideas by me.

delete

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You obviously don't travel away often (if you do, you are travelling with the wrong people), as sometimes, the longer the trip, the better the day goes.

It's not just about 90 minutes of shite football
    Longer ... better ?

Seems not everyone agrees with you.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/33963978

Also, it kind of is about the 90 minutes (from a footballing point of view) . Otherwise it's just an excuse for a a long weekend in a far away provincial town in England.

I haven't checked but I imagine more City fans will go to a Midlands/South West England game than they will further afield. More fans probably equals a better atmosphere and potentially a better game. I've been to City away games with big turn outs and it is a more enjoyable football experience than it is going to games with a few hundred city fans.

Also, imagine what it must be like for a small side like Newport having to pay more to go up to Carlisle and stay in a hotel. It's a long journey and it must take an edge off the performance. You get there. It's dark, drizzly, with a 150 away fans and 1500 home fans. That surely wouldn't be as benificial and possibly not even profitable (ticket sales ? TV !?) as say a trip to Bristol Rovers or Coventry.

Fewer teams would also mean you could probably cut out those midweek slogs all together. I also imagine you'd get more away fans travelling to likes of Coventry or Rovers on a weekend than you would midweek. Again, a better experience had all round. Potentially more profitable as well.

Footballer would be fresher. Preperations would be more thorough.

Hey. It's just an idea. (which is also brilliant)

Confucius says
    Every person,
    at least once in their lifetime,
    will have a brilliant idea
    that will not work

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    Big difference. A lot of Newcastle fans have a few bob in their pockets. I know some who fly or go first class on trains to watch their team. Most people in Carlisle are pitifully poor peasants who spend half the year wading around in floods and the other half fighting each other for the last rain damaged turnips. Exeter fans are nearly all decrepit OAPs who panic if they have to travel further than the nearest pharmacy.
    Flying is often cheaper than the train.

Free boiled egg with every 26 programmes bought (loyalty scheme).

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Longer ... better ?

Seems not everyone agrees with you.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/33963978

Also, it kind of is about the 90 minutes (from a footballing point of view) . Otherwise it's just an excuse for a a long weekend in a far away provincial town in England.

I haven't checked but I imagine more City fans will go to a Midlands/South West England game than they will further afield. More fans probably equals a better atmosphere and potentially a better game. I've been to City away games with big turn outs and it is a more enjoyable football experience than it is going to games with a few hundred city fans.

Also, imagine what it must be like for a small side like Newport having to pay more to go up to Carlisle and stay in a hotel. It's a long journey and it must take an edge off the performance. You get there. It's dark, drizzly, with a 150 away fans and 1500 home fans. That surely wouldn't be as benificial and possibly not even profitable (ticket sales ? TV !?) as say a trip to Bristol Rovers or Coventry.

Fewer teams would also mean you could probably cut out those midweek slogs all together. I also imagine you'd get more away fans travelling to likes of Coventry or Rovers on a weekend than you would midweek. Again, a better experience had all round. Potentially more profitable as well.

Footballer would be fresher. Preperations would be more thorough.

So your brilliant idea is actually a rip off then?

Longer ... better ?

Seems not everyone agrees with you. WRONG

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/33963978 haven't read it, but it's bullshit

Also, it kind of is about the 90 minutes (from a footballing point of view) . Otherwise it's just an excuse for a a long weekend in a far away provincial town in England. wrong and exactly

I haven't checked but I imagine more City fans will go to a Midlands/South West England game than they will further afield. More fans probably equals a better atmosphere and potentially a better game. I've been to City away games with big turn outs and it is a more enjoyable football experience than it is going to games with a few hundred city fans. wrong

who the f uck want to go to bristol rovers
    Fewer teams would also mean you could probably cut out those midweek slogs all together. I also imagine you'd get more away fans travelling to likes of Coventry or Rovers on a weekend than you would midweek. Again, a better experience had all round. Potentially more profitable as well. the more games the better, that's why I hated the premier

Footballer would be fresher. Preperations would be more thorough. footballers are professional

totally wrong

Hope this helped

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    totally wrong

Hope this helped

I don't know how to do bolds next to quotes.

You win.

Just wait though. I give it 30...40 years at most and at least one of my brilliant ideas will become a reality.

Bookmarked

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    So your brilliant idea is actually a rip off then?
    No.

International

RE the draw question. It would remain as is but just imagine that they draw for the following round on the Saturday morning rather than Sunday night. You'd have to do the "Cardiff City OR Mansfield Town Vs Manchester City or Reading" everytime...... but you'd soon get used to it.

I'm thinking that with the numbers of North South teams you could do some sort of play-off for league on teams getting into the non-divided championship. That way you'd ensure only the most deserving sides got that far. So it could be two automatics (one north/one south) and then semis playoff NorthvSouth and then final between whoever.....North North....South South.
    But what if the top south team was worse than the top 4 north teams? Then you wouldn't have the most deserving you'd have something rigged to give worse teams their chance at glory