+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: No cheating

No cheating

Bluebirds Trivia -

What was the sentence written below the Captain Morgan Rum logo on the Bob Bank ?

(If you cheat you are a cock)

(no cheating)

Re: No cheating

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Bluebirds Trivia -

What was the sentence written below the Captain Morgan Rum logo on the Bob Bank ?

(no cheating)
    Was it something like 'For todays taste'?

Quote Originally Posted by Clinton Baptiste View Post
    v close

It's Brains you want.

I know, but if I say it confirms i'm a cock

Bluebirds Trivia -

(no cheating)
    "Better than Braces Bread"

Just been looking at old photos of Ninian Park. Dont remember the Hyper Value sign on the bob bank roof. Braces and Captain Morgan yes. When was it there and how long did it last. Believe Hyper Value went bust, so probably not too long. Mind you stood/sat underneath it and didnt look up much in those days.

Quote Originally Posted by Clinton Baptiste View Post
    It defo had taste in it. I'm sure of it.

A taste of the Caribbean?

I thought it said something like 'a right good rum'

You're gonna get your f*****g heads kicked in?

It's ?

The right Rum for todays taste.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    The right Rum for todays taste.
    Correct ^^

Well done for not cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Just been looking at old photos of Ninian Park. Dont remember the Hyper Value sign on the bob bank roof. Braces and Captain Morgan yes. When was it there and how long did it last. Believe Hyper Value went bust, so probably not too long. Mind you stood/sat underneath it and didnt look up much in those days.
    Rick Wright era I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Rick Wright era I thought.
    For me, Rick Wright era was Eddie May era and I think it was still Captain Morgan.

Hypervalue was the late 90's/early 2000's for me. But I had a gone-off-football phase at that time so might be wrong.

For me, Rick Wright era was Eddie May era and I think it was still Captain Morgan.

Hypervalue was the late 90's/early 2000's for me. But I had a gone-off-football phase at that time so might be wrong.
    That's one if the reasons I come on here. Plenty iof people to jog the memory. I think we can safely rule the Samesh Kumar era out. Somebody on here will know.

BIF BAF Bingo?

I would have had it about the mid 90's, must have been when Rick wright was around as he was trying to develop the Island

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I would have had it about the mid 90's, must have been when Rick wright was around as he was trying to develop the Island
    Agree with you Matt. Rick Wright was Hyper Value wasn't he if you know what I mean. I liked Rick Wright. Reminded me of the guy off coronation street. Bald, speks, mental. Don't know his name but he looked like Rick Wright.

Agree with you Matt. Rick Wright was Hyper Value wasn't he if you know what I mean. I liked Rick Wright. Reminded me of the guy off coronation street. Bald, speks, mental. Don't know his name but he looked like Rick Wright.
    Reg Holdsworth I think you mean.
    Not a great businessman as it turned out... he'd have made a fortune off sell on fees on Blakey... lost hundreds of thousands on the omission of a few words in a contract.

Caribbean Cruise ,or was it that singer fella

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Reg Holdsworth I think you mean.
    Not a great businessman as it turned out... he'd have made a fortune off sell on fees on Blakey... lost hundreds of thousands on the omission of a few words in a contract.
    Aah that's him Reg. Thanks. In fairness to ole Rick he did put done life into us. He was a bit zany. We haven't done very well out if sell on clauses over the years and it used to annoy me a bit. If we lost money on Blakey then Gestede must hurt even more. We needed the money more with Blakey mind. He (Wright) did put a clause in there but it was a non relegation one I think. He was naive football business wise I agree.

Aah that's him Reg. Thanks. In fairness to ole Rick he did put done life into us. He was a bit zany. We haven't done very well out if sell on clauses over the years and it used to annoy me a bit. If we lost money on Blakey then Gestede must hurt even more. We needed the money more with Blakey mind. He (Wright) did put a clause in there but it was a non relegation one I think. He was naive football business wise I agree.
    Yes now you mention it I think we'd have doubled our money if they'd (was is Blackburn?) have stayed up but unfortunately they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yes now you mention it I think we'd have doubled our money if they'd (was is Blackburn?) have stayed up but unfortunately they didn't.
    Sheff Utd. They had little chance of staying up at the time. The old transfer window so there wasn't much of the season left when he went. As good as Blakey was he was never really prolific I would say. A clause linked to him personally and not the team he played for would have been the ticket.