+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plastics City v Man City

Plastics City v Man City

No idea which City will win but if we do I hope we have a league 2 team at home in the last 16 to identify the real Plastics in our crowd.
    Bitter Moi?
    No I am in Marrakech playing golf.
    👍😎😊

Re: Plastics City v Man City

Yawn

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Yawn
    This is a message board.
    If you don’t want to discuss. Go to bed.

This is a Cardiff City message board. If you don't like people wanting to watch Cardiff City then maybe it isn't for you?

My two 16 year old sons have become season ticket holders this season. They go in gang of 8 boys 3 of whom were Liverpool/Man utd 'fans' last season but are now City fans. With their spare tickets for this game they've got another 4 mates from their school going. If only 1 or 2 of them get the bug - the club wins

They are all looking forward to the game

Hopefully they'll avoid people who spout the plastics and I'm a better fan than you nonsense. We've lost too many fans over ruddy principles recently. Lets welcome the new breed and not hark on about it. A high profile game will always attract more fans lets hope they enjoy themselves and come back again

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    No idea which City will win but if we do I hope we have a league 2 team at home in the last 16 to identify the real Plastics in our crowd.
    Bitter Moi?
    👍😎😊
    What a sad act, how old are you?

This is a message board.
    If you don’t want to discuss. Go to bed.
    It's a messageboard not a boss people about forum

The subject is overdone to death he has a point..

Although to add a comment, plenty of people I know would rather support the big teams, look out for us if we're doing well...many though don't like the attitude of some corners of our support who think they are football fan God's for supporting Cardiff city..pathetic attitude to have really.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    My two 16 year old sons have become season ticket holders this season. They go in gang of 8 boys 3 of whom were Liverpool/Man utd 'fans' last season but are now City fans. With their spare tickets for this game they've got another 4 mates from their school going. If only 1 or 2 of them get the bug - the club wins

Hopefully they'll avoid people who spout the plastics and I'm a better fan than you nonsense. We've lost too many fans over ruddy principles recently. Lets welcome the new breed and not hark on about it. A high profile game will always attract more fans lets hope they enjoy themselves and come back again
    Well said

Rest assured your sons, their friends and their mates are not plastics.
    When they have been going for a year on a regular basis they will be able to recognise the plastics.

The win at Mansfield away was fabulous especially as Mansfirld were maybe better than us until we went 2-1 up in the second half.

It’s the Hey it’s a chance to see Man Citybwith no effort bozos that annoy the diehards.

The win in round three will make the club £250k

Hopefully win or lose they will all turn up for the next home game too.

Too true bro

Oh dear!

Would you rather the match was played in front of 6k like the Mansfield game?
    Surely occasions like this will create more fans and regular supporters for future games.

Can you explain why it is anything other than a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Glos Blue View Post
    Oh dear!

Would you rather the match was played in front of 6k like the Mansfield game?
    Surely occasions like this will create more fans and regular supporters for future games.

Can you explain why it is anything other than a good thing?
    Real support not ....
    It’s a big game I want to go. 👍😉🙄😊

Rest assured your sons, their friends and their mates are not plastics.
    When they have been going for a year on a regular basis they will be able to recognise the plastics.

The win at Mansfield away was fabulous especially as Mansfirld were maybe better than us until we went 2-1 up in the second half.

It’s the Hey it’s a chance to see Man Citybwith no effort bozos that annoy the diehards.

The win in round three will make the club £250k

Hopefully win or lose they will all turn up for the next home game too.
    Annoy the diehards? Since when have you become the official spokesman?

Would you like a vetting system?
    Perhaps you could set up a committee.

Ffs a huge game and you're picking a subject that has been done every year since the 60's.
    Big game, big crowds. Small game, smaller crowds
    Its not rocket science.

Plastic

A person who wants to go to a football game but does not know how to get a ticket so asks his mates if they can get him two tickets for the biggest game of the year.

My attempt at a definition.

Bang on mate. When games like this come along it’s a great opportunity to increase our fan base.
    My lads are City ST holders but regularly get mocked by kids at school for supporting Cardiff “coz they are crap innit”. This week of course there are kids telling them they are going for the first time.
    We just have to hope that win, lose or draw it’s a good entertaining game that will get some of them coming back.

I couldn't give a feck who goes as long as those who go regularly or are members get first dibs then that's fine. Thats hapoened so no problem. The more the merrier. I could say I'm a super fan and where were others when we were getting attendance's of 2000 in division 4 but that's just cause the age I am The City were in league 4 at the time. No big deal. I don't blame people for not going then and I don't blame people for wanting to go watch us play a big team. Hopefully they will come again against Bristol another good atmosphere and go from there.

Perfecto , well said .

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I couldn't give a feck who goes as long as those who go regularly or are members get first dibs then that's fine. Thats hapoened so no problem. The more the merrier. I could say I'm a super fan and where were others when we were getting attendance's of 2000 in division 4 but that's just cause the age I am The City were in league 4 at the time. No big deal. I don't blame people for not going then and I don't blame people for wanting to go watch us play a big team. Hopefully they will come again against Bristol another good atmosphere and go from there.
    in the early 90's when i was going home and away ( didnt miss a single game for 3 seasons ) i bumped into a old workmate at the Shrewsbury game ( last home game ) he was a occasional fan ( mainly for games likely to kick off in, but hey ho, different strokes etc etc ) he was walking down sloper road ( very drunk ) shouting at random city fans " where were you when we were sh1t ", i foolishly tried to calm him down and said " if they did not experience the lows, they will not enjoy the highs as much " it seemed quite deep at the time, he just staggered of shouting again at people

as you said, all welcome, occasionally a " non regular " will stick around

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    in the early 90's when i was going home and away ( didnt miss a single game :
    I know lads from the late 80s who have got city tattoos who have been once or twice one I know never went. Not sure if Doc Graham asked for Torquay Utd ticket stubs.

Bitter Moi?
    👍😎😊
    Anyone who goes along on Sunday and supports the team and shouts for Cardiff to win is a Cardiff fan to me and very welcome. It doesnt matter how they got their ticket or whether they have been before. If just a handful of the new people come back to watch another game afterwards then that makes it even more worthwhile. Thats how most of us started going along in the first place isnt it ?.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I know lads from the late 80s who have got city tattoos who have been once or twice one I know never went. Not sure if Doc Graham asked for Torquay Utd ticket stubs.
    at the time, it was a badge of honour

i knew someone who joined the army from cardiff, he has never been to a game, yet just before he went on his first training spell, he had a city tatt

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    at the time, it was a badge of honour

i knew someone who joined the army from cardiff, he has never been to a game, yet just before he went on his first training spell, he had a city tatt
    Fekn solid mate. Teardrop tatoo as well and they are good to go. No need to supply Doc Graham with a death certificate

Has a plastic fan stopped you getting a ticket? If not, what’s the harm done.

I try and go down the devils probably once every year when I do I try to pick the most entertaining game. By your terms I shouldn’t be able to go?

Yep. They've got to start somewhere.

Can you imagine the club instigating a rule where the only people entitled to buy a match ticket were people who'd been going for 20 years and hadn't missed a game. The stadium would soon be empty.