+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plastics City v Man City

Re: Plastics City v Man City

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    No idea which City will win but if we do I hope we have a league 2 team at home in the last 16 to identify the real Plastics in our crowd.
    Bitter Moi?
    No I am in Marrakech playing golf.
    👍😎😊
    Imagine your life being so empty your biggest achievement is being a bigger football fan than everyone else

No idea which City will win but if we do I hope we have a league 2 team at home in the last 16 to identify the real Plastics in our crowd.
    Bitter Moi?
    ������
    Get a life.

moan when its empty moan when its full

Quote Originally Posted by discodaz View Post
    moan when its empty moan when its full
    Innit though!

Two of my mates, big football fans, one used to go in the 50s/60s/70s but stopped, the other loved football in his armchair. Both got into it through the Pompey Cup Final and are now in their 10th year of being season ticket holders, love the aways as well. We need to convince more people like this not deter them.

If it wasn't for 'fair weather fans' then the big clubs like Man U and Liverpool wouldn't have the huge fan bases like they do. Success draws in the crowds and hopefully some of those will stick around for longer.

Does it matter, surely what matter more, is how many plastics, we can get on board as full-time fans.

Taking both my nephews Sunday, the one has been to a pre season game against that Scottish team who's name I forget (he's 8)...... the other has been to probably 10 games in his entire life (hes 18)

Should I give their tickets to more deserving fans? Are they plastics for asking to come to this game?

When do you cross the line from plastic to non plastic? What do we measure it with? Who makes the all important call?? Do we have a board of people who decide? Set rulebook?

I'm intrigued.

Lad I know, born and bred Cardiffian, is a massive Chelsea fan (armchair or pub). I’m always badgering him to get his arse down the City. His response is usually something along the lines of “I’m not watching that rubbish”. I’ve told him many times that if him and his ilk support thier own club instead of someone else’s, then we’d have 30,000 every week and then we would be up there too, so it’s his fault that we are “rubbish”.
    My kids are under ten and they get it, but unfortunately there are more people in Cardiff like him, than there are like them.
    We need occasions like this Sunday if we ever to realise our potential as a club.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Lad I know, born and bred Cardiffian, is a massive Chelsea fan (armchair or pub). I’m always badgering him to get his arse down the City. His response is usually something along the lines of “I’m not watching that rubbish”. I’ve told him many times that if him and his ilk support thier own club instead of someone else’s, then we’d have 30,000 every week and then we would be up there too, so it’s his fault that we are “rubbish”.
    My kids are under ten and they get it, but unfortunately there are more people in Cardiff like him, than there are like them.
    We need occasions like this Sunday if we ever to realise our potential as a club.
    Got ast9n villa/Leicester(for years) /west ham/ Newcastle in my little village..

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    My two 16 year old sons have become season ticket holders this season. They go in gang of 8 boys 3 of whom were Liverpool/Man utd 'fans' last season but are now City fans. With their spare tickets for this game they've got another 4 mates from their school going. If only 1 or 2 of them get the bug - the club wins

They are all looking forward to the game

Hopefully they'll avoid people who spout the plastics and I'm a better fan than you nonsense. We've lost too many fans over ruddy principles recently. Lets welcome the new breed and not hark on about it. A high profile game will always attract more fans lets hope they enjoy themselves and come back again
    That great news and it does seem sometimes that its an over 50 's type attendance at times

He's the type that would never go to a game, whether its city or Chelsea. They're the soap opera addicts of the sporting world.

Sometimes a club needs the hook of a big cup game to reel new fans in.

For me it was Real Zaragoza , first game , under lights , the roar of the
    crowd , the smell of the tobacco and beer. A magic world appeared and
    ever since I've been hooked.

Probably back then someone was calling me a " cardboard " but we all
    have to start somewhere so welcome aboard new fans. Enjoy the day ,
    join in the songs, get behind Cardiff City and come back again and again

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post

This of course is 100% true.
    Everyone starts somewhere.
    The current team wanted to win at Mansfield and the day against Man City is actually as much for them as us fans.

Big stage and ALL eyes watching.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post

Great post.

No big deal. They've only beaten us once since 1984.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    My two 16 year old sons have become season ticket holders this season. They go in gang of 8 boys 3 of whom were Liverpool/Man utd 'fans' last season but are now City fans. With their spare tickets for this game they've got another 4 mates from their school going. If only 1 or 2 of them get the bug - the club wins

They are all looking forward to the game

Hopefully they'll avoid people who spout the plastics and I'm a better fan than you nonsense. We've lost too many fans over ruddy principles recently. Lets welcome the new breed and not hark on about it. A high profile game will always attract more fans lets hope they enjoy themselves and come back again
    Amen to that, brother!

This absolutely sums up my feeling on it.

Yet again it's our chance to convert some of these plastics into regular, paying, loyal City fans. Stop these people delusionally talking about Liverpool and Man U as 'we' and 'us', and get them into real live football at the coal face

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    This absolutely sums up my feeling on it.

Yet again it's our chance to convert some of these plastics into regular, paying, loyal City fans. Stop these people delusionally talking about Liverpool and Man U as 'we' and 'us', and get them into real live football at the coal face
    you mean like the couple about 3/4 the way down this page.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/42596364

successful troll is successful

Bitter Moi?
    👍😎😊
    Conversely, the next league crowd could actually break the 20,000 barrier as people get more interest in the club.

The more successful a team is the more fans it gets,In Division 4 as it was we averaged 5k, perhaps 10k in Division 3, now 20k in Championship while our one season in Premiership despite being bottom we had full houses of then 28k.If we get back to the Premier ship we would again sell out our home games, now 34k?