+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: National League-Vanarama.

National League-Vanarama.

Maidstone, Halifax, Hartlepool, Leyton Orient, Chester and Torquay (Bottom) all teams that i'm sure that I've seen beat us at some point, are all bottom half of this league. I'm not sure what my point is, but Christ, we used to be shit.

Re: National League-Vanarama.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Maidstone, Halifax, Hartlepool, Leyton Orient, Chester and Torquay (Bottom) all teams that i'm sure that I've seen beat us at some point, are all bottom half of this league. I'm not sure what my point is, but Christ, we used to be shit.
    Even the ones towards the top, Tranmere, Macclesfield and Wrexham.

Go down one more division and York and Darlington are in the National League North, Bath are in the Southern version of that. Hereford, Merthyr and Weymouth are a level below that, Hayes one further down. Barry are in the Welsh Premier and Scarborough are in the Northern Premier League Division One South. Probably some others too, we do seem to have lost a few games over the years.

I wonder what other clubs could span a gap that beat Real Madrid but lost to Barry Town in first team competitive games.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Go down one more division and York and Darlington are in the National League North, Bath are in the Southern version of that. Hereford, Merthyr and Weymouth are a level below that, Hayes one further down. Barry are in the Welsh Premier and Scarborough are in the Northern Premier League Division One South. Probably some others too, we do seem to have lost a few games over the years.
    Few of those sides have gone bust and had to start from scratch. Noticed Stockport are in the National League North as well.

On the other side of the coin I can't remember us playing Forest Green Rovers, Crawley, Stevenage or Fleetwood in the League (not sure we've faced Yeovil in the league, either).

Last weekend Coventry faced Swindon. That was once a Premier League fixture around the same time that Tranmere were a whisker from the playoffs for the Premier League and lost a league cup semi on penalties.

Hull had the chance to send the Jacks out of the league and possibly out of business. Last season they fought a relegation battle from the Premier League.

Incredible sometimes how a team's luck can change in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    On the other side of the coin I can't remember us playing Forest Green Rovers, Crawley, Stevenage or Fleetwood in the League (not sure we've faced Yeovil in the league, either).

Last weekend Coventry faced Swindon. That was once a Premier League fixture around the same time that Tranmere were a whisker from the playoffs for the Premier League and lost a league cup semi on penalties.

Hull had the chance to send the Jacks out of the league and possibly out of business. Last season they fought a relegation battle from the Premier League.

Incredible sometimes how a team's luck can change in football.
    I've seen City play at Yeovil. Maybe it was a cup match?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    I've seen City play at Yeovil. Maybe it was a cup match?
    Just checked the stats, it was the FA Cup 3rd round. Drew 1-1 at home and beat them 1-2 in the replay in January 1999.

First Team

Going lower than that I can remember us playing, in relatively recent times, old Ishmian League teams like Hendon and Enfield in the cup who have subsequently gone out of business and lost their grounds.
    Both reformed but not big non league names that they once were.