+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Other former messageboard wind up merchants

Re: Other former messageboard wind up merchants

Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as Board Life !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Not so much a wind up merchant, but who was the guy who lived in North or Mid Wales in a caravan, he used to write songs I think and posted pictures of views from his window.
    Gwynedd Blue

Calonlan it was Adz32.
    The Lone Gunman wasn't a wind up merchant but he was a strong defender of his views
    bailed out over Tan and red but still goes to the odd game. Sits two rows in front of me
    when he does.
    Dr Tim Muff was a a man with physical health issues. Had many a ruck with the " toryboys "
    from back then.

Surprised Dai Splott has yet to be mentioned. Now he DID have mental health issues to
    go with his anti - semitism and anti - americanism.

Too many newbys on the site I suppose.

And showing off a very smart watch
    It was a Casio, and some low class newspaper, certainly not the appearance of a gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Calonlan it was Adz32.
    The Lone Gunman wasn't a wind up merchant but he was a strong defender of his views
    bailed out over Tan and red but still goes to the odd game. Sits two rows in front of me
    when he does.
    Dr Tim Muff was a a man with physical health issues. Had many a ruck with the " toryboys "
    from back then.

Surprised Dai Splott has yet to be mentioned. Now he DID have mental health issues to
    go with his anti - semitism and anti - americanism.

Good to have newbies.

Dai Splott was off his rocker. Probably still is. If you held a view that differed from his, then your mind was simply poisoned by main stream media. Head case.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It was a Casio, and some low class newspaper, certainly not the appearance of a gentleman

Hovis was filth, though. Threatened a load of posters, myself included. Most people ignore it and get on in life, others use it to score petty points.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post

Hovis was filth, though. Threatened a load of posters, myself included. Most people ignore it and get on in life, others use it to score petty points.
    He once sent me a PM saying he knew where I lived and that he had some "family" in Ely. What a nutter

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He once sent me a PM saying he knew where I lived and that he had some "family" in Ely. What a nutter
    I got similar from Big Gwyn as well - and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    The other one who used to go round threatening people - was Mick The Miller aka Jeff De la Cruze - or summit like that, used to drink in the butchers I think - ex bookie that went bust - then became a train driver I believe - when he wasnt on strike or on the sick...

And Perry Fenton - another with mental issues
    Mick was ok when you got to know his ways. I did get a few threats from him first though

Blog Entries

Let it go..Let it go

Not so much a wind up merchant, but who was the guy who lived in North or Mid Wales in a caravan, he used to write songs I think and posted pictures of views from his window.
    I think you mean Gwynedd Blue. I was tempted to meet up with him as I spend a lot of time up that way in the summer months. Glad I didn't know as his last posts were weird.

There was Bryndon who claimed he used to spend his holidays abroad surveying locals about whether they had heard of Cardiff or Swansea. Argued Swansea's reserves were a top-6 PL team.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Who were the two posters who were going to have a fight outside the Packet?
    Exchange students wern't they.

There was also that Walter Mitty character who used to post endlessly bragging about his extravagant and exciting lifestyle.

Can’t remember his username, another CCMB oddball.

God! I love this dirty town!

I'm sure you'd have been fine against a 70 year old man. No danger.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Calonlan it was .

Fecking glory posters. Only here now the other boards are doing shit.

Ah, Blue Plato aka The All Seeing Eye, had a few run ins with him under my old persona, Brizzlebluebird.

Stockard Channing and the Canon in Residence? WTF happened to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    I'm sure you'd have been fine against a 70 year old man. No danger.
    I'm less sure

Did n`t the Blue Plato have some sort of "unbeatable betting scheme"
    or was that another poster?

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Did n`t the Blue Plato have some sort of "unbeatable betting scheme"
    or was that another poster?
    That was Blue Plato. A complete cretin.

This would be a typical post

"Following last week's £200 bet on Celtic to beat Ross County, I now have added 67p to the kitty. The kitty stands at £1000.67 with us having started with £1000. This week we have the following Cup games as potentials for our bet.

Arsenal v Spurs. I fancy Arsenal for this one, and they are good value at 4/5
    Liverpool v Everton. I fancy Liverpool will win this one, but are not so good value at 4/5.
    Manchester United v Ely Rangers. Tough one to call this, but I think Manchester United will win, based on them being top of the Premier League, and half of the Ely Rangers team can't get the time off work. Manchester United are 1/300 to win.

After considering all my investment options, I have decided to go for Manchester United to beat Ely Rangers. I am sacrificing £300 of my kitty which means we stand to win £1. This works out at a 100.03% return on the investment".

That was Blue Plato. A complete cretin.

This would be a typical post

"Following last week's £200 bet on Celtic to beat Ross County, I now have added 67p to the kitty. The kitty stands at £1000.67 with us having started with £1000. This week we have the following Cup games as potentials for our bet.

Arsenal v Spurs. I fancy Arsenal for this one, and they are good value at 4/5
    Liverpool v Everton. I fancy Liverpool will win this one, but are not so good value at 4/5.
    Manchester United v Ely Rangers. Tough one to call this, but I think Manchester United will win, based on them being top of the Premier League, and half of the Ely Rangers team can't get the time off work. Manchester United are 1/300 to win.

After considering all my investment options, I have decided to go for Manchester United to beat Ely Rangers. I am sacrificing £300 of my kitty which means we stand to win £1. This works out at a 100.03% return on the investment".
    One of his "bankers" then would fail to romp home as expected and we wouldn't see him for a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    One of his "bankers" then would fail to romp home as expected and we wouldn't see him for a week or so.
    I had a long argument with him after he claimed his betting investments were returning 110%. This was when his kitty stood at £1100 having started at £1000. I politely said that is actually a 10% return and he got angry very quickly.

When all these events happened what name were you all posting under?

ive never changed mine but some of your names seem very recent?