+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What Man City fans think

What Man City fans think

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/th...thread.332653/

A few recognising that it’s a potentially tricky cup game, but plenty of the usual lazy “clogger” comments.

Re: What Man City fans think

My Brother in law is a big Man city fan, one of the old school type, used to stand on the Kippax as a boy ( he lived about 20 mins from maine road )

He thinks Man city will field a full strength team, but still think we will give them a game

We will slaughter em

If ManC are overconfident, like Leeds were in THAT game, and like ManC were when they last came here, we could pull off an upset.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    If ManC are overconfident, like Leeds were in THAT game, and like ManC were when they last came here, we could pull off an upset.
    I don’t think they’ll be complacent. Whilst the scoreline in the 2nd leg flattered the Wurzels they kept both legs of their recent games close so don’t think ManC will be expecting an easy game. If anything I reckon they’ll be better prepared mentally.

I know anything is possible in football but I really can't see how this will be anything other than a Man City win.

i just hope we give a good account of ourselves and are attractive enough to retain a few of the new fans.

What Cardiff City fan thinks, O-4 and half of the stadium leaves happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    What Cardiff City fan thinks, O-4 and half of the stadium leaves happy.
    If it’s anything like the Leeds game, City (not Citeh) fans will be too pissed to know we’re 4 down.

Warnock has got it down to a "T" he said they have been training all the week without the ball, so that we can get used to chasing shadows

Of course it's possible to win, we only have to remember "that" Leeds game and the difference in sides was arguably wider then than now, in terms of league places it was anyway.

However this MC side has been assembled by one of THE great coaches, something David O'Leary was not.

Complacency has been mentiined, though I doubt will creap into their game, such is the drive and will to win Guardiola's way.

The way i see it, the manner of the loss is important, especially for the rest of the season and a great deal of realism and management of people's expectation is called for.

If we can match them for workrate, our key players perform to their maximum ability and theirs don't, plus we have more than our fair share of luck, then we have an outside chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Warnock has got it down to a "T" he said they have been training all the week without the ball, so that we can get used to chasing shadows
    Classic

The comments on there seem reasonable to me. After all Aguero and Co will hardly be shaking in their fancy boots with the prospect of playing us. Anything less than a 0-2 result for them will be a respectable outcome for me. Our best chance of scoring is if they play their dodgy goalkeeper but can't see that happening. On the other hand we did beat them last time they played at our place and I recall a decent victory over them in the FA Cup many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The comments on there seem reasonable to me. After all Aguero and Co will hardly be shaking in their fancy boots with the prospect of playing us. Anything less than a 0-2 result for them will be a respectable outcome for me. Our best chance of scoring is if they play their dodgy goalkeeper but can't see that happening. On the other hand we did beat them last time they played at our place and I recall a decent victory over them in the FA Cup many years ago.
    Yep, we are definately the form team

Their team when we beat them in 2013.

Hart; Zabaleta, Garcia, Lescott, Clichy; Navas, Fernandinho, Toure, Silva; Dzeko, Aguero
    Subs: Pantilimon, Nastasic, Kolarov, Rodwell, Milner, Nasri, Negredo

Ours may have been a little better than it is today but not much

Marshall; Connolly, Caulker, Turner, Taylor; Whittingham, Medel, Campbell, Kim, Gunnarsson; Bellamy.
    Subs: Lewis: Hudson, Cornelius, Noone, Mutch, Cowie, Maynard
    Last edited by StraightOuttaCanton; 26-01-18 at 10:42. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Their team when we beat them in 2013.

Hart; Zabaleta, Garcia, Lescott, Clichy; Navas, Fernandinho, Toure, Silva; Dzeko, Aguero
    Subs: Pantilimon, Nastasic, Kolarov, Rodwell, Milner, Nasri, Negredo

Ours may have been a little better than it is today but not much

Marshall; Connolly, Caulker, Turner, Taylor; Whittingham, Medel, Campbell, Kim, Gunnarsson; Bellamy.
    Subs: Lewis: Hudson, Cornelius, Noone, Mutch, Cowie, Maynard
    That's an interesting comparison looking at our team sheet.

Marshall beats Etheridge every time.
    Caulker/Turner vs Bamba/Morrison? Tough one, but Caulker/Turner just wins it for me as it was less susceptible to pace, though Morrison/Bamba is better in the air.
    Connolly/Taylor vs our current fullbacks? I'd argue our current full backs are better.
    Midfield is probably where that side has the edge. Medel was a good holding defensive midfielder, we've got Greg Halford! Ralls is at least on a par with Whittingham (in terms of open play), Gunnarsson faded out of the side that season, but we've no-one like him to replace him as he's injured!. Kim Bo-Kyung and Bellamy were our wider players - Kim was another one who had faded that season, Bellamy was becoming less influential at the end of his career and his injuries were catching up with him. Hoilett and Mendez-Laing are different players, more direct, more pace, but not as intelligent as footballers.
    Lastly, I'd have Zohore ahead of Frazier Campbell anyday.

You're probably right in that there's not much between that team and the current one in terms of ability. We've got more pace in attack and energy in the team than we did almost 5 years ago, yet haven't got personnel who can keep the ball as well or have as much pace at the back.

Man city couldn't defend against set pieces when we beat them in 2013, think they missed the injured Vincent Kompany that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Liege'93 View Post
    If it’s anything like the Leeds game, City (not Citeh) fans will be too pissed to know we’re 4 down.
    them days are long gone, the Leeds game was special, right from the word go, the atmosphere was horrid, the Leeds players just didnt fancy it

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Man city couldn't defend against set pieces when we beat them in 2013, think they missed the injured Vincent Kompany that day.
    The official excuse was that they were still getting used to zonal marking rather than man-to-man marking. Them days are over too.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    My Brother in law is a big Man city fan, one of the old school type, used to stand on the Kippax as a boy ( he lived about 20 mins from maine road )

He thinks Man city will field a full strength team, but still think we will give them a game
    I think Cardiff will not be easy to beat. In fairness, Warnock could make any team competitive in a cup tie. Man City 2-0 is my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Leeds weren't over confident. They were shit scared. All the boasts of being in Istanbul preparing them for anything quickly dissipated when the team coach pulled up Sloper Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Leeds weren't over confident. They were shit scared. All the boasts of being in Istanbul preparing them for anything quickly dissipated when the team coach pulled up Sloper Road.
    It truly was a special time that game

I know its not a acceptable thing to say these days, but that was one hell of a day and when we are old and look back at great classic games / football days, that will be high on the list

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I think Cardiff will not be easy to beat. In fairness, Warnock could make any team competitive in a cup tie. Man City 2-0 is my prediction.
    I think exactly the same.

Reading that forum makes you realise all football fans are pessimists. Man City are blowing teams apart left right and centre and still some of their fans are worried.

Guys we are gonna win this game, joys of The FA cup, never say never