+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team for Sunday?

Team for Sunday?

Etheridge in goal.

A back 5 doesn't convince me (I don't equate more defenders with being better defensively), I thought we were better with a back 4 as it gives us two full backs to support two wide midfielders, so Manga (rb) Morrison Bamba Bennett. Defensively I worry a little about those full backs, though.

3 runners in centre midfield will have a lot of work to do, so Ralls, Grujic (knows more about the game at the higher level) and Paterson. We need legs in the middle, graft. Paterson may not be the greatest in the middle of the park but he'll harass and run all day.

Front 3 of Hoilett, Zohore and Mendez-Laing. Pace as a release valve. Lot of onus on Hoilett and Mendez-Laing to cover the full backs.

Basically, try and stop them playing, hope to hit them with pace on the counter and have a presence at set pieces, where they look vunerable.

Re: Team for Sunday?

Obviously they are going to massively dominate possesion, so we’ve just got to hope we can play like we did earlier in the season, work our socks off, defend well and try and hit them on the break. It’s the only chance we’ve got.

Etheridge
    Manga Morisson Bamba Bennett
    Paterson Ralls
    NML Grujic Hoilett
    Zohore

I just hope Cardiff play with effort. The chances of us winning are unbelievably slim, but the FA Cup is a beautiful tournament that can really shock the football community.

As a Cardiff fan, I say we'll do them at a cheeky set-piece.

I'd go for Morrison, Murray, Perry and Dwyer at the back for a start

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Etheridge in goal.

A back 5 doesn't convince me (I don't equate more defenders with being better defensively), I thought we were better with a back 4 as it gives us two full backs to support two wide midfielders, so Manga (rb) Morrison Bamba Bennett. Defensively I worry a little about those full backs, though.

3 runners in centre midfield will have a lot of work to do, so Ralls, Grujic (knows more about the game at the higher level) and Paterson. We need legs in the middle, graft. Paterson may not be the greatest in the middle of the park but he'll harass and run all day.

Front 3 of Hoilett, Zohore and Mendez-Laing. Pace as a release valve. Lot of onus on Hoilett and Mendez-Laing to cover the full backs.

Basically, try and stop them playing, hope to hit them with pace on the counter and have a presence at set pieces, where they look vunerable.
    Seconded

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    I'd go for Morrison, Murray, Perry and Dwyer at the back for a start
    Ian Gibson in midfield. He'd show 'em

I’m afraid we are going to struggle at the back, small and pacy forwards will always give us problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    You wouldn't be able to get him off here

Neither of the first two posts mentioned Richards in this thread and he is a cert to start imo, he has been immense since his return from injury. He will start as a right wingback if we play 3 at the back or in midfield possibly man to man on De bryne.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    True true, mate.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    As for us - I think it will be lump it over the top for Hoilette NML Zohore to chase.
    Comments like that gives Wolvesalona and Wurzel fans all the ammunition they need. The best way to win is to get it forward quickly but on the ground and use the flanks for Hoilett and NML to get at their defence, which is their weak link.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Any update on Lee Camp - he cant still be injured can he ?

As for the team, if it makes a difference we need to try and do what Liverpool and Bristol city did. There is no point whatsoever in sitting back, it's a one off game - which means we'll have to do a lot of running. They seem to like to play it wide from the back so NML and Hoilette will have to be on them straight away.

As for us - I think it will be lump it over the top for Hoilette NML Zohore to chase.

Looking forward to seeing Gulic play
    Bristol and Liverpool played completely differently, but I get what You mean.

Etheridge
    Richards
    Manga
    Morrison
    Bennett
    Ralls
    Grujic
    Bamba (midfield)
    NML
    Zohore
    Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Obviously they are going to massively dominate possesion, so we’ve just got to hope we can play like we did earlier in the season, work our socks off, defend well and try and hit them on the break. It’s the only chance we’ve got.

Etheridge
    Manga Morisson Bamba Bennett
    Paterson Ralls
    NML Grujic Hoilett
    Zohore
    Like it with Blake on the bench lol.

Tell you what, you may not be too far off that team there, seems like a decent shout

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Etheridge
    Richards
    Bamba
    Morrison
    Bennett
    Ralls
    Grujic
    Paterson
    NML
    Zohore
    Junior
    I'd keep Bamba in defence.

Bite the bullet and drop one of the cbs..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'd keep Bamba in defence.

Bite the bullet and drop one of the cbs..
    Bamba and Morrison have looked our best centre back pairing. Trying to accommodate Manga, Bamba and Morrison hasn't really worked for me. The Leeds game apart, where they tried to play through the middle and found Bamba constantly, I can't recall too many occasions where Bamba has looked effective in a deep midfield role.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Bamba and Morrison have looked our best centre back pairing. Trying to accommodate Manga, Bamba and Morrison hasn't really worked for me. The Leeds game apart, where they tried to play through the middle and found Bamba constantly, I can't recall too many occasions where Bamba has looked effective in a deep midfield role.
    Or me, Middlesbrough we seemed to get away with it but we're constantly on the back foot because of a man missing in midfield.

Like someone said on here, 5 defenders doesn't always make for a better defence.

Probably confuses the issue when all Bamba and Morrison want to do is attack the ball..extra man in there just confuses peoples roles..

I think he will go 3 center halves which no one likes, Richards and Bennet full/wing backs. If Sane and Sterling start then they usually take up wide positions and will both stay out there. The Wing backs will get out to them but I worry we won't push them back enough because the 3 aren't disciplined enough in the line they keep. Then you've got their runners from midfield. That said I think it will be a good game. Petsonsally I would play 4 at the back. 2 holding. 3 further up 2 of which stay wide n Ken up front.

Etheridge
    Richards Manga Morrison Bennett
    Patterson Bamba Ralls
    Grujic Hoilett
    Zohore

Start Nathan wide right