+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Its that time of the year for all Self Employed folks, get them Returns done

Its that time of the year for all Self Employed folks, get them Returns done

Spent the day doing mine, normally have a accountant to do it, but she retired last year, she gave my details to someone she recommended, i met him, he was a bit of a knob, i felt he was looking down at me, he even said " you only clean windows , your accounts are not going to be rocket science " ( its not all i do, but hey ho ) so i thought, i will do them myself, afterall the HMRC has made SA easy to do, right ? ? ?

Well today they are submitted and the bill is paid, now my bank account is just under 7 K lighter though

Re: Its that time of the year for all Self Employed folks, get them Returns done

F**king Ell. How many windows do you clean to need to pay £7k tax.

Re: Its that time of the year for all Self Employed folks, get them Returns done

Never understand this !

Tax forms arrive in the first week of April, Tax forms filled in and sent back, by the 2nd week in April.

JOB DONE, WORRIES OVER

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Spent the day doing mine, normally have a accountant to do it, but she retired last year, she gave my details to someone she recommended, i met him, he was a bit of a knob, i felt he was looking down at me, he even said " you only clean windows , your accounts are not going to be rocket science " ( its not all i do, but hey ho ) so i thought, i will do them myself, afterall the HMRC has made SA easy to do, right ? ? ?

Well today they are submitted and the bill is paid, now my bank account is just under 7 K lighter though
    Thinly veiled 'I earned over £36000' post

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Too many

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Never understand this !

Tax forms arrive in the first week of April, Tax forms filled in and sent back, by the 2nd week in April.

JOB DONE, WORRIES OVER
    I know its crazy isnt it

My account would chase me up end of Aug, then End of Oct, then phone me again Middle of Nov as in the Oct phone call i had lied and said its almost done

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Are you self employed ? , how are you setup ? , if you have an accountant that is any good - they will usually tell you all the business expenses you can claim for - new equipment, travel allowance - you could / should also open up a SIPP - Self Invested Pension - any spare money can be put in there for your retirement - you dont pay tax on it when you pay it in.
    my old account was pretty low risk and kept the claims to a minimum, sometimes laughable, £48 a year for use of home ( i have a office in one of the bedrooms )

this year i had very little expenses as i spent fairly heavily the year before, so didnt really need much ( though i guess i should have to have kept the bill down a little, but i never really realised how high the figure had crept )

I will look into SIPP

First Team

Did mine a couple of months ago.
    Also like to have advance notice of my payments on account prior to the Christmas spenathon.

My tax 'affairs' are quite complex. My accountant chases me around June/July, and I usually have them all ready to submit sometime in August. That's 6 months earlier that some people but I like to get them all done and out of the way ASAP. I do as much as I can myself, and the acct. ends up with neat lists with separate batches of bills/receipts, and my own calculations - it means his bill is quite small, we suits me just fine !

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    You must have calves like Mark Hughes going up and down them ladders. Or do you cheat with one of them pole thingsys.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Did mine a couple of months ago.
    Also like to have advance notice of my payments on account prior to the Christmas spenathon.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    My tax 'affairs' are quite complex. My accountant chases me around June/July, and I usually have them all ready to submit sometime in August. That's 6 months earlier that some people but I like to get them all done and out of the way ASAP. I do as much as I can myself, and the acct. ends up with neat lists with separate batches of bills/receipts, and my own calculations - it means his bill is quite small, we suits me just fine !
    I salute you both, wish i was more organised, it just doesnt seem to happen, taken me 4 days to do my accounts ( started them In dec and had 3 Fridays off to do them in Dec, then today, of course its the last thing i want to do, as i am not out working )

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    You must have calves like Mark Hughes going up and down them ladders. Or do you cheat with one of them pole thingsys.
    I am afraid i Cheat though i have some work at 70 ft ( 7 floors ) , so i wouldnt be ladder climbing that high
    Its not all from Window cleaning, i do a few others bits and pieces, funny enough i have just ( a few days over the last 3 weeks ) done a big job cleaning Paths for a management company, of course they take 90 days to settle any invoice, but it will come in, in the end

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Thinly veiled 'I earned over £36000' post
    Bloody millionaire , after expenses reduction and other administrative adjustment its more like 72k pa

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Racist alert

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

You dirty little lucky man:---