+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: VAR tomorrow?

VAR tomorrow?

Any body know if there will be VAR tomorrow? Is it a first for a City game if so? I know it's had a bit if a ropy start.

Re: VAR tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Any body know if there will be VAR tomorrow? Is it a first for a City game if so? I know it's had a bit if a ropy start.
    Why? It’s not being used in the FA Cup is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Why? It’s not being used in the FA Cup is it?
    Thought it was. Chelsea v Norwich had it? Could be the caraboa cup thinking about it.

Wasn't Leicester's goal in FA cup the first one awarded with it?

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Wasn't Leicester's goal in FA cup the first one awarded with it?
    Think it was. We want VAR say we want VAR! Unless it goes against us of course.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Think it was. We want VAR say we want VAR! Unless it goes against us of course.
    I’ve got a sneaky feeling that Man City will be getting every decision anyway.

I think they’re choosing a few matches to trial it, it was used in the Leicester game, but not all games in round 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Toggs View Post
    I think they’re choosing a few matches to trial it, it was used in the Leicester game, but not all games in round 3.
    Would make sense to choose another televised one to show off the technology and that they have learned how to use it.

I must confess to liking things like this in City's history. The first game with 2 sub's. The first game with 3 sub's. First game with no back pass to the keeper. No tackles from behind. Offside rule changing etc.

First time it was used was Brighton v Palace in the last round of the FA Cup.