+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newport vs spurs

Re: Newport vs spurs

Great result for Newport another great trip to wembley

I’m sure thier fans will be wishing us well tomorrow won’t they?
    You know they call us scumdiff and the redturds. I couldn’t give a bollox if they are a welsh club, f.ck tinpot county.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Can't believes the idiots who take posts oh so ****ing seriously or the ones who magically now want to support Cewnty because it makes them real football lovers, true bohemians that read FourFour****ingTwo or When Saturday Comes....

Cewnty have forever been in our shadow. Chips on shoulders. If we drew them, you can bet our fans would be attacked and things would kick off. Why pretend to suddenly give a shit about Cewnty because they are playing a Prem team? Some of us remember the delusional "5 year plan" where they'd be above us in the league structure.
    What a load of condescending twaddle. Apart from our own result, I always look out for those of Newport and Wrexham.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    You know they call us scumdiff and the redturds. I couldn’t give a bollox if they are a welsh club, f.ck tinpot county.
    No they don’t. Your name suits your posts.

Excellent effort.

Easter '83, 16,000+ in Somerton Park, Aldridge & Tynan upfront, City & Cewnty mixed in the crowd. Probably the most hostile crowd I've been in.

I think it was their last win & our last defeat

I didnt want Newport to win, more because it was a small team against a top 4/5 team. Would have wanted Wycombe to win or Scunthorpe as well..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He cries and takes enough posts seriously himself mind so don't buy that.

He's just back peddling because nobody joined in with him.
    How am I "back peddling"?

"Nobody joined in"? You seem to be confusing us, I'm not the one posting for popularity...

I've worked with plenty of Newport and Swansea fans in my time. Plenty of good banter with the Jacks. Cewnty fans on the other hand, the vitriole was barely disguised.

You know as well as anyone if we drew Cewnty, it would kick off. You know full well which side would start it. You just can't admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    No they don’t. Your name suits your posts.
    Charming.

As it goes I work in newport a lot and in my experience they hate us as much as any wurzel or jack.

Charming.

As it goes I work in newport a lot and in my experience they hate us as much as any wurzel or jack.
    They genuinely do. It's a massive inferiority complex there. Jacks have had success certainly recently so the banter is just that... Cewnty have achieved zero of note, it's outright hatred towards us.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    How am I "back peddling"?

"Nobody joined in"? You seem to be confusing us, I'm not the one posting for popularity...

I've worked with plenty of Newport and Swansea fans in my time. Plenty of good banter with the Jacks. Cewnty fans on the other hand, the vitriole was barely disguised.

You know as well as anyone if we drew Cewnty, it would kick off. You know full well which side would start it. You just can't admit it.
    Been there myself when we have launched rocks at them mate...works both ways.

P.s learn it take a joke ya serious kent.

I see BBC Wales are already trailing the eggfest that apparently starts next Sat. At least Newport playing the Spurs again will mean footie may be mentioned, albeit in passing.
    Ps not totally ruling out a shock tomorrow the way things have panned out today.

Had a great day at Dave Parade today. On the balance of play Newport will gladly take a replay at Wembley and the money that comes with it. Likely to be on TV too.

For the clown who commented that the home crowd was made up of Liverpool fans, and that even their manager "supports" Liverpool. Well, I'm sure the 29,000 home fans at CCS tomorrow will all be devout bluebirds. I remember there being plenty of Liverpool supporters in amongst us at Wembley in the League Cup Final too. It's not unique to Newport, nor Cardiff.

I went to the game with someone who went to watch the new club at Moreton. He did call Cardiff the redturds, his point being that a number of Newport fans spent lots of time, effort and money to reform Newport County with their only aim being to have a football club called Newport County playing in Newport again. Despite the FAW's best efforts, and a lack of support from the main clubs left in the English pyramid (Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham, Colwyn Bay and Merthyr) - it took a few years to get back into Newport. As he put it, Cardiff fans seemed to be at the opposite end of the effort spectrum when a rich owner did what he liked to their club. Hard to disagree, and I did wonder if there would have been significantly more Cardiff fans watching their Cardiff at Moreton had roles been reversed.

Anyway, it was a great cup tie - the sort of match that typifies the FA Cup. Spurs had a strong side out, gave Newport a lot of respect, and now Newport can go to Wembley, take 45% of the gate receipts and use it to solidify the club. They're still in ninth spot and hopefully they can push on to the play-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Had a great day at Dave Parade today. On the balance of play Newport will gladly take a replay at Wembley and the money that comes with it. Likely to be on TV too.

For the clown who commented that the home crowd was made up of Liverpool fans, and that even their manager "supports" Liverpool. Well, I'm sure the 29,000 home fans at CCS tomorrow will all be devout bluebirds. I remember there being plenty of Liverpool supporters in amongst us at Wembley in the League Cup Final too. It's not unique to Newport, nor Cardiff.

I went to the game with someone who went to watch the new club at Moreton. He did call Cardiff the redturds, his point being that a number of Newport fans spent lots of time, effort and money to reform Newport County with their only aim being to have a football club called Newport County playing in Newport again. Despite the FAW's best efforts, and a lack of support from the main clubs left in the English pyramid (Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham, Colwyn Bay and Merthyr) - it took a few years to get back into Newport. As he put it, Cardiff fans seemed to be at the opposite end of the effort spectrum when a rich owner did what he liked to their club. Hard to disagree, and I did wonder if there would have been significantly more Cardiff fans watching their Cardiff at Moreton had roles been reversed.

Anyway, it was a great cup tie - the sort of match that typifies the FA Cup. Spurs had a strong side out, gave Newport a lot of respect, and now Newport can go to Wembley, take 45% of the gate receipts and use it to solidify the club. They're still in ninth spot and hopefully they can push on to the play-offs.
    Presumably he is unaware that our fans had bucket collections for them when they were in the shite? I wouldn’t expect that to happen if the roles were reversed.
    Also, if a Malaysian billionaire offered to invest £100m into thier club but change the shirt colour, I’m sure most of them would bite his hand off.

Cardiff city and Cardiff fans did plenty in the past to help Newport stay afloat, especially in the seventies.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post

For the clown who commented that the home crowd was made up of Liverpool fans, and that even their manager "supports" Liverpool
    Yup that was me.
    Watch the FA Cup preview on BT that was aired yesterday.
    There was a 5 question quiz at the end with the Newport manager and a few other players and managers.
    One question was “In what year did Rafa Benítez win the FA Cup with Liverpool”
    Flynn quipped that he “should know this as I support Liverpool”
    Apparently he even went to the game with his daughter.

Presumably he is unaware that our fans had bucket collections for them when they were in the shite? I wouldn’t expect that to happen if the roles were reversed.
    Also, if a Malaysian billionaire offered to invest £100m into thier club but change the shirt colour, I’m sure most of them would bite his hand off.
    S.....by name, S..... by nature

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Yup that was me.
    Watch the FA Cup preview on BT that was aired yesterday.
    There was a 5 question quiz at the end with the Newport manager and a few other players and managers.
    One question was “In what year did Rafa Benítez win the FA Cup with Liverpool”
    Flynn quipped that he “should know this as I support Liverpool”
    Apparently he even went to the game with his daughter.
    http://sport.bt.com/football/flynn-f...11364241737269

Also from the last round....

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    S.....by name, S..... by nature
    What, because I’m not a fan of Newport???

[QUOTE=Auntie Andy;4835979]Isn’t it amazing that you’d rather support a side 200 miles away from another country, than support the team of the city you were born in[/QUOT

I'm with you here matey, could never ever support an English club over a Welsh one, especially one from their capitol city. Support an English football team, you might as well support their national team too. Let's hope Cewnty stuff 'em at the home of English football in the replay!

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Cardiff city and Cardiff fans did plenty in the past to help Newport stay afloat, especially in the seventies.
    November (?) '76, wasn't there a benefit game at Ninian park for an ailing Newport County? On a dark and gloomy Friday Night. A welsh XI v a Man Utd XI? Think Man Utd won 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    November (?) '76, wasn't there a benefit game at Ninian park for an ailing Newport County? On a dark and gloomy Friday Night. A welsh XI v a Man Utd XI? Think Man Utd won 1-0
    Well you seem in a better mood today.

Yes that's the one, also a load of us city fans went to Somerton park for a fundraiser match between county and Coventry, I think it was, there was no animosity between our fans and theirs back then, that came a bit later.

December 1976, South Wales Eleven 1, a full strength Man United 0 - Phil Dwyer scored the goal and, although I might be wrong here, I think there were about 13,000 there.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/South-Wale...-/300830199759

I was at the game and with the admission price I paid there, as well as the ones for the hundred or more County games I've seen at Somerton Park, Spytty Park and Rodney Parade (I wanted County to win all of them apart from when they were playing us), I'd say I may well have donated a thousand pound to the Newport County cause down the years. County have benefited from the goodwill of the likes of Cardiff and Swansea (along with supporters of both of those clubs) down the years and Jirga's mate has a very selective memory or his grasp of his club's history is not as strong as he thinks it is.

Also, there's some truly bizarre comments from people who wanted Spurs to win last night in this thread - what on earth is

"or the ones who magically now want to support Cewnty because it makes them real football lovers, true bohemians that read FourFour****ingTwo or When Saturday Comes...."

all about?

Well done to County on a great performance and result last night, they could, and probably should, have won and it says so much that I think there will be plenty associated with the club who'll wake up this morning feeling disappointed by the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    December 1976, South Wales Eleven 1, a full strength Man United 0 - Phil Dwyer scored the goal and, although I might be wrong here, I think there were about 13,000 there.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/South-Wale...-/300830199759

I was at the game and with the admission price I paid there, as well as the ones for the hundred or more County games I've seen at Somerton Park, Spytty Park and Rodney Parade (I wanted County to win all of them apart from when they were playing us), I'd say I may well have donated a thousand pound to the Newport County cause down the years. County have benefited from the goodwill of the likes of Cardiff and Swansea (along with supporters of both of those clubs) down the years and Jirga's mate has a very selective memory or his grasp of his club's history is not as strong as he thinks it is.

Also, there's some truly bizarre comments from people who wanted Spurs to win last night in this thread - what on earth is

"or the ones who magically now want to support Cewnty because it makes them real football lovers, true bohemians that read FourFour****ingTwo or When Saturday Comes...."

all about?

Well done to County on a great performance and result last night, they could, and probably should, have won and it says so much that I think there will be plenty associated with the club who'll wake up this morning feeling disappointed by the outcome.
    Your memory is better than mine Bob. I had the right score, but the wrong team winning lol.

I too have taken in County home games over the years. Back in mid 70s when City were playing away my dad would take me to Somerton Park occasionally. My favourite game being the great escape against Worthington in April '77. Think County had to win or draw to stay in the football league, Worthington had to win. Game ended 1-1 thus County survived to fight another day

I too can't believe some of the drivel that comes from the minds of people on here wanting Spurs to win.

Your memory is better than mine Bob. I had the right score, but the wrong team winning lol.

I too have taken in County home games over the years. Back in mid 70s when City were playing away my dad would take me to Somerton Park occasionally. My favourite game being the great escape against Worthington in April '77. Think County had to win or draw to stay in the football league, Worthington had to win. Game ended 1-1 thus County survived to fight another day

I too can't believe some of the drivel that comes from the minds of people on here wanting Spurs to win.
    I was also at that Workington match, was a bit gutted for Workington as they dropped out of the league that season. The year before I think it was, we were on our way to Bolton to watch the city and the game was postponed so a few hundred of us went along to Rochdale to see them playing Workington. We all cheered for Workington and they won 3-1, their first and only away win that season.