+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Spitting

Spitting

Disgusting....despicable.....disgraceful.....6 match ban.

I don’t know why people make such a big deal of it tbh. Fair enough, send the guy off but I don’t see why a bit of spit is sooo bad when you’re running around in a sweaty, muddy football shirt.

First Team

Re: Spitting

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Disgusting....despicable.....disgraceful.....6 match ban.

I don’t know why people make such a big deal of it tbh. Fair enough, send the guy off but I don’t see why a bit of spit is sooo bad when you’re running around in a sweaty, muddy football shirt.
    Not sure either but the general consensus is that it is a disgusting thing to do.
    Quite why it may be may be seen as worse than snapping a person leg in two , by some, I simply do not know.
    As an aside and possibly may explain why but I have a vague recollection of a policeman in Swindon getting killed by a virus in the phlegm of a city fan back in the 70's, who spat on him.
    A quick google search brings up nothing so maybe this may be an urban lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Not sure either but the general consensus is that it is a disgusting thing to do.
    Quite why it may be may be seen as worse than snapping a person leg in two , by some, I simply do not know.
    As an aside and possibly may explain why but I have a vague recollection of a policeman in Swindon getting killed by a virus in the phlegm of a city fan back in the 70's, who spat on him.
    It’s not a British example but it does happen.
    https://www.policeone.com/correction...s-in-her-face/

But you would also think that a professional footballer would be unlikely to be carrying the sort of disease that could be transmitted this way.

I wasn't sure where the police officer was from, but you are definitely correct on this. I remember it at the time.

No, I remember that as well and I think it was meningitis.

Pretty sure the policeman who died incident was when we were playing at Torquay.

This definitely happened, it was Torquay.
    Devon police put out an appeal as the guy obv. had hepatitis.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    This definitely happened, it was Torquay.
    Devon police put out an appeal as the guy obv. had hepatitis.
    ****ing hell, that's vile