+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Trump on Brexit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trump on Brexit

“Would it be the way I negotiate? No, I wouldn’t negotiate it the way it’s [being] negotiated… I would have had a different attitude.

I would have said that the European Union is not cracked up to what it’s supposed to be. I would have taken a tougher stand in getting out”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-tougher.html

Re: Trump on Brexit

I won’t click on the link as I’ll be ****ed giving the Mail any cash.

Trump and the Mail. Bellend is interviewed for pile of shite rag using simplistic language over complex issues he has no clue about in order to appeal to like minded cretins?

That’s it I’d say in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post

Trump and the Mail. Bellend is interviewed for pile of shite rag using simplistic language over complex issues he has no clue about in order to appeal to like minded cretins?

https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2018/...gher-attitude/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-talks-with-eu

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-u...-idUSKBN1FH08X

https://www.politico.eu/article/dona...and-on-brexit/

Blog Entries

Not a fan then?

Given that it's Donald Trump saying all of that then I'd suggest that Brexit is a bad idea.

He wants a special trade relationship with the UK. Does that include making the UK into a tax haven, reducing workers' rights, lower wages at the bottom end, reductions in environmental care and animal welfare, turning the NHS into an insurance only system for his rich friends, basically turning the UK into a mini-America? God help us if that happens. I'll be out of here if it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Given that it's Donald Trump saying all of that then I'd suggest that Brexit is a bad idea.

He wants a special trade relationship with the UK. Does that include making the UK into a tax haven, reducing workers' rights, lower wages at the bottom end, reductions in environmental care and animal welfare, turning the NHS into an insurance only system for his rich friends, basically turning the UK into a mini-America? God help us if that happens. I'll be out of here if it does.
    Aren't you getting a bit mixed up with some of the globalist strategies?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Whilst I won’t say I’m out of here I agree with what you say.
    The orange faced one has no idea about Brexit and the EU, merely what his ex organ grinder Bannon told him.
    He should mind his own business the colossal prick.

Whilst I won’t say I’m out of here I agree with what you say.
    The orange faced one has no idea about Brexit and the EU, merely what his ex organ grinder Bannon told him.
    He should mind his own business the colossal prick.
    Colossal prick maybe..............small hands though!

Isn't he actually saying what a lot of brexiteers think ?

We're doing a soft shoe shuffle, and perhaps we need to be a bit tougher ??

We're isolated and vulnerable, Trumpet will rape us, a fragmented weak Europe suits him....As it does Putin BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

We can act as tough as we want, but at the end of the day were holding a shit hand.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

This is like people saying 'we should have taken it to man city', sometimes you gotta play the shitty hand you are dealt.

I know brexiteers will never buy it but we were always going to be on the back foot in the negotiations, this government went in with the billy big bollocks rhetoric and they have been swiftly put into the position they were always going to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Is it a shit hand ? - they (the EU) sell more to us than we sell to them, or will the German car manufacturers be happy with their Govt when due to tariffs the EU impose on us - we then reciprocate and the millions cars per year we buy from them are all of a sudden 10% (or more) higher. The same goes for the French.

As for the US and the UK - that is all still to be negotiated isnt it - Trump may well be gone before any of that happens - nowt as strange as politics, it's still all a big Pain in the ass though.
    It is a smaller percentage of their exports though, they will therefore be more resilient to a bad deal or no deal.

They are also left in roughly the same place in terms of legislation and trade agreements (two things that take years and years to put together). We have a blank canvas, long term this could be a good thing but short term we are struggling.

Worth a watch, as it's a snapshot of current global economic thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Is it a shit hand ? - they (the EU) sell more to us than we sell to them, or will the German car manufacturers be happy with their Govt when due to tariffs the EU impose on us - we then reciprocate and the millions cars per year we buy from them are all of a sudden 10% (or more) higher. The same goes for the French.

As for the US and the UK - that is all still to be negotiated isnt it - Trump may well be gone before any of that happens - nowt as strange as politics, it's still all a big Pain in the ass though.
    Back of the net Ninian Clark.

That's what his Trumpness is trying to say in his limited way .

I, and most of my friends, buy three or four new German cars a year so this thread is particularly relevant to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I, and most of my friends, buy three or four new German cars a year so this thread is particularly relevant to me.
    I thought you would have gone with something Russian, a Lada perhaps? I'm sure they would give you a good discount