+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 MANCHESTER CITY

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 MANCHESTER CITY. Match thread

was so dissapointing, we all saw bristol give it there all, newport chas every ball down, close every man on the ball down...

we stood back and watched kompany play the ball around the back, he even stood still for a while and then strolled it out and pass and pass and pass it around... dont get me wrong yes its man city, but should not matter if its barcelona or barry island... it was shocking, 32k odd fans paid good money and want there team to at least have a go...

a lad by me said lets get beat 5 or 6 nil but lets have a go and give the fans something to shout about

i dont get chance to get down the city much these days, work and lack of finance... but wow i would have loved to have seen us put a shift in today...

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    That was dismal. Man City were pretty ordinary as well I thought. Good enough to beat us although you sense they could push on another gear. They could have beaten us by more. Watching from the family stand it looked like Man City had 13 men at some points keeping wingers wide but their passing would end up back with Kompany. Looked like neither team could be fekd and that's how it felt as well.
    ‘Pretty ordinary’?

😳🙄🤔

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    was so dissapointing, we all saw bristol give it there all, newport chas every ball down, close every man on the ball down...

we stood back and watched kompany play the ball around the back, he even stood still for a while and then strolled it out and pass and pass and pass it around... dont get me wrong yes its man city, but should not matter if its barcelona or barry island... it was shocking, 32k odd fans paid good money and want there team to at least have a go...

a lad by me said lets get beat 5 or 6 nil but lets have a go and give the fans something to shout about

i dont get chance to get down the city much these days, work and lack of finance... but wow i would have loved to have seen us put a shift in today...
    I think the team gave what they had today - we tried to mark man-for-man first half and got taken apart. We reverted to a more compact shape second half and had a bit more control but didn't have enough to put one of the best teams in the world under pressure. It happens and everyone was expecting it.

Kompany playing the ball around at the back just brought memories of the Prem flooding back, and why I hated it so much. I don't care how clever it is, it's ****ing boring to watch and if the rest of the Prem adopt that as the blueprint for success then I'd prefer we didn't get promoted. I don't want to watch robots, no matter how good they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    ‘Pretty ordinary’?

😳🙄🤔
    By their standards yes.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    By their standards yes.
    Playing through Kompany hardly edge of the seat stuff. They can be much better than that.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v MANCHESTER CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Bennetts challenges were terrible and again Manga fails to do basic defensive duties for the second goal
    What was Morrison doing then 30 yards out of position?

We were poor all around. I was hoping a full house, spirited performance, cracking atmosphere would put a few on the gate for Bristol. We didn't even get 2 out of 3. Shame but not the end of the world I suppose.

Thank God they weren't even trying in the second half. Man City that is not Cardiff City!

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 MANCHESTER CITY

Different class, so much movement, such acceleration, played in 1st gear for the 2nd half but feck me how boring (some will say patient) were they for long spells.

Thought Bernardo Silva (sp?) was the class on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Different class, so much movement, such acceleration, played in 1st gear for the 2nd half but feck me how boring (some will say patient) were they for long spells.

Thought Bernardo Silva (sp?) was the class on the field.
    Agree with that. Broke from one end to the other with blistering pace but passing the ball across the back was so boring

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Agree with that. Broke from one end to the other with blistering pace but passing the ball across the back was so boring
    To be fair, we were part of that because we were hardly pressing with intensity. Bristol City showed how to do it properly, we didn’t show the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    To be fair, we were part of that because we were hardly pressing with intensity. Bristol City showed how to do it properly, we didn’t show the same.
    They done the damage 1st half then went into cruise mode to prepare for their game in midweek.