+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Men against Boys

Men against Boys

Let's hope it's not 5 or 6.

While Man City have been excellent, we look a million miles from being a potential Premier League team. Can't string two passes together, everything is just "whack it forward".

If promotion is our aim, we have to look at our game from a tactical view and make some changes.

Re: Men against Boys

It’s hardly men v boys that would indicate we are being bullied.

They are just too quick, too good. Their movement is obscene.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

While Man City have been excellent, we look a million miles from being a potential Premier League team. Can't string two passes together, everything is just "whack it forward".

If promotion is our aim, we have to look at our game from a tactical view and make some changes.
    I don't think you can make such statements when you're playing against a fantastic footballing entity. Many teams in the PL have done no better than Cardiff have been doing so far. Cardiff's style dictates that there won't be periods of possession. It's get it and hit it, or run with it.

I don't think Cardiff will be in the top 6, Christmas dictated that, and for every game Cardiff lost over that period, an extra team joined the queue to go above them.

Warnock won't be changing anything as the result of today. He'd be daft to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I don't think you can make such statements when you're playing against a fantastic footballing entity. Many teams in the PL have done no better than Cardiff have been doing so far. Cardiff's style dictates that there won't be periods of possession. It's get it and hit it, or run with it.

I don't think Cardiff will be in the top 6, Christmas dictated that, and for every game Cardiff lost over that period, an extra team joined the queue to go above them.

Warnock won't be changing anything as the result of today. He'd be daft to do so.
    I'm making such comments looking at our recent league form. Today has been more of the same. We're out of form, not playing football.

I'm making such comments looking at our recent league form. Today has been more of the same. We're out of form, not playing football.
    Fair enough on that one. Cardiff's recent form is abysmal, but I think they've been in a false position all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Fair enough on that one. Cardiff's recent form is abysmal, but I think they've been in a false position all season.
    It's looking more like that.

I hate to say this, but the carrot crunchers could take a few positives from their two games against Man City. At the moment, we can't take any.

It's looking more like that.

I hate to say this, but the carrot crunchers could take a few positives from their two games against Man City. At the moment, we can't take any.
    The Wurzels didn’t facr this Citeh in either leg.

They are bang on it today and you are being incredibly harsh

Cardiff cannot be judged against such a wonderful side. How would Cardiff fare against Watford or Swansea or Stoke etc?
    You are doing ok against an exceptional team

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    The Wurzels didn’t facr this Citeh in either leg.

They are bang on it today and you are being incredibly harsh
    Last 10 minutes have been better now we've kept the ball. All we'd done previously was thump it long, giving what scant possession they had away. That has nowt to do with Man City.

Pathetic to judge a team so harshly against the best team in the premier league by a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Cardiff cannot be judged against such a wonderful side. How would Cardiff fare against Watford or Swansea or Stoke etc?
    You are doing ok against an exceptional team
    My bigger worry is how we've been faring against QPR, Sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham, Bolton, Preston etc. I've been previously critical of our long ball game.

Second half has been much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Pathetic to judge a team so harshly against the best team in the premier league by a distance.
    Nathan Blake thought we didn't help ourselves in the first half. I agree with that. Second half has been so much better.

My concern is our long ball game which we've employed with little success in the last month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Agreed, watched it on the telly and I couldn't really understand what they were expecting. Our whole squad would sell for less than one of their full backs.

Presumably Bennett is being led away in handcuffs because from what what I could make out it was the worst tackle of all time. Absolutely animal, electric chair is too good for a monster like that.

Thankfully Man City took their foot of the gas in the second half (and City hardly pressed them anyway) and were content just to keep their lead. You had the feeling that even if City managed to nick one back they would have simply stepped up a gear and scored more or less at will.

Harsh imo. This team has made decent Premier league teams look daft. We created some decent scoring chances. The Wurzels played well but were fortunate not to get battered in the 2nd leg.

You can’t judge on today. This Man City team could conquer Europe I reckon, sublime movement. As for us we’ve been slipping for a while now, Fulham and boro on the rise could easily jump up above us. I don’t see us even making the playiffs now, thought we’d finish around 8th and still seems about right. People will freak out after we were so high up and looking for automatic, but reality is we aren’t that good.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You can’t judge on today. This Man City team could conquer Europe I reckon, sublime movement. As for us we’ve been slipping for a while now, Fulham and boro on the rise could easily jump up above us. I don’t see us even making the playiffs now, thought we’d finish around 8th and still seems about right. People will freak out after we were so high up and looking for automatic, but reality is we aren’t that good.
    Spot on. Pretty much what I've been saying.

Blake said at HT that we didn’t work hard enough, I thought that was incredibly harsh, they were brilliant first half.

We didn't press them, allowed them too much time to build from the back, basically shat it, especially in the first half. Not that I'm bothered personally , the FA cup is a meaningless distraction when you still have a realistic crack at promotion.

Incredibly harsh to judge us on a performance against the (more or less) first XI of the best side in the country and one of the best (if not the best) in the world, they've battered Premier League teams with 3 times our budget and we did very well to keep it to 2, we probably deserved a goal and came close a few times

A few of their league wins to put this into perspective: Liverpool 5-0, Watford away 6-0, Palace 5-0, Stoke 7-2, Arsenal 3-1, Swansea away 4-0, Spurs 4-1, Bournemouth 4-0

Men agsinst boys? A team that cost 800m to put together. Dive/cheat/feign injury at the nearest touch. Its not sport. If it wasnt for the bluebirds I'd have no interest in the game
    Its a farce.

Just shows to me how much the sport of football has moved on.

Warnock has been great for this club but when listen to him talk you could be listening to someone from 1975.

We have to have a long term vision if we are going survive. I think (and hope) that peps brand of football will be contagious in Britain in the years to come and we either find a strategy of competing or we'll be left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Incredibly harsh to judge us on a performance against the (more or less) first XI of the best side in the country and one of the best (if not the best) in the world, they've battered Premier League teams with 3 times our budget and we did very well to keep it to 2, we probably deserved a goal and came close a few times

A few of their league wins to put this into perspective: Liverpool 5-0, Watford away 6-0, Palace 5-0, Stoke 7-2, Arsenal 3-1, Swansea away 4-0, Spurs 4-1, Bournemouth 4-0
    2-1 at Home and 2-3 away against us.
    The last game with a team stronger than you saw today with them at full strength....

We were beaten by two last min goals.
    But then we can’t all run them this close.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    The last game with a team stronger than you saw today with them at full strength....

So you lost by two goals and so did we. Isn’t it your bed time

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post

So Zinchenko at left back ahead of Danilo is Man City at full strength?

They didn't play Raheem Sterling, their second top scorer, against you lot either

You also have no idea how pathetic "But then we can’t all run them this close" sounds