+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Men against Boys

Re: Men against Boys

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    None of those cost us a transfer fee as far as I am aware, so you take what you can get and I think they're all just about capable of contributing something we might need during a game. All our players have weaknesses otherwise they'd not be playing for us. Warnock has prioritised strength and pace in terms of qualities, over being a neat and tidy player who perhaps doesn't help otherwise in terms of making us a threat. Bryson is the one player I'd say is neat and tidy in the team and to be honest he is not a threat at all in a normal game.

I'd love us to be a quick and passing team, but it'll take time and patience. Warnock knows that to make the changes needed will take a long time, and in the meantime he has to keep us competitive or he'll lose his job. Try to remember how far we've come in just over a year that we're all disappointed not to have been more effective against arguably the best club side in the world.
    Whilst I agree with most of what you say above, the one sentence that sticks out is where you say it takes time and patience to be a quick passing team.

Now I don't think Warnock would make us a quick passing team if he had 20 years and £100 million. It's just not his way.

However, early in the season we would get the ball ball forward quickly and play counter attacking football with a fair amount of precision.
    I know we are thin on the ground at the moment but I can't justify the selections of players like Patterson and Peltier in centre midfield. We have no control in the at present and I definitely think Veale or Spence would be a better option than these two.

If there is any truth in reports that we are bidding £4 million on one striker this January then I think we'd be better off buying three £1 million players with half a brain and who can actually pass a football.

I'm reluctant to say it Cos I don't want play Jursett's childish little games but Bristol were far better than us vs Citeh whatever the stats say. I watched those games and the first game in particular was competitive. If you look at some of Bristols better players then they haven't cost much. Patterson was a free, Flint cost 300k, Reid and Bryant from the academy and now they've gone and got Ryan Kent from Liverpool and they are rumoured to be after Marley Watkins. All these players can play a bit.

I also agree with Eric in that whatever short term success we now have, it could well come back to bite us with the appointment of our next manager and the patience afforded to him if we want to change our style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I also agree with Eric in that whatever short term success we now have, it could well come back to bite us with the appointment of our next manager and the patience afforded to him if we want to change our style of play.
    Hopefully, the next manager, whoever that maybe (Bellers?) will be afforded more time than Trollope was to implement a new style.

Bit pointless comparing the Newport/Spurs game to ours and citing the bigger gap in league places. Man City are streets ahead of Tottenham, they tried to take Man City on for football and came off worse than us, 4-1. The gap between Man City & us is in reality wider than the gap between Newport & Tottenham.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hopefully, the next manager, whoever that maybe (Bellers?) will be afforded more time than Trollope was to implement a new style.
    Trollope made a big mistake staying with Wales considering how much work needed to be done. The fact that he apparently lost the changing room early on didn't help either.

I hope Bellamy will be given more time but you know what our fans are like

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Trollope made a big mistake staying with Wales considering how much work needed to be done. The fact that he apparently lost the changing room early on didn't help either.

I hope Bellamy will be given more time but you know what our fans are like
    If it is Bellamy I think hed be afforded more time than an outsider.

Id thank Warnock and his team for his services and get Bellers in this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Absolutely agree with this.
    Just got home and I’m really surprised by some of the comments on here from this afternoon. Given the money they have and the massive gap in quality of our two squads I think we probably did as well as most would have expected. The way De Bruyne runs things, the short quick passes, the one two’s, the pace they have all over the pitch, we just couldn’t do much about it.
    As far as I was concerned this was a free game today. The important stuff starts again next Saturday.

Just read our team cost about £10 million, Man City bench was over £150 million. Fruitless task

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    We didn't look scared when NML ruined Danilo in the first couple of minutes, Bob. If his quality into the box was a little better, we could've gone ahead. We were ok until we conceded such a daft goal and that was that.

I enjoy watching Man City and tend to watch if they're on TV. They often make teams look incapable and resort to kicking the ball away just for a moments rest; I'm not sure why anyone expected us to be any different.

I think we would have given Spurs a game, given the way they performed on Saturday.
    Yep. The silly goal came at exactly the wrong time.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Yep. The silly goal came at exactly the wrong time.
    We started off brightly, the crowd were up for it ... and then De Bruyne silences both the crowd and the team with a moment of magic