+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Clogging was most disappointing aspect

Clogging was most disappointing aspect

Sane, Otamendi, Silva Diaz etc... V poor attitude.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Re: Clogging was most disappointing aspect

Quote Originally Posted by Randoloph Scott View Post
    Sane, Otamendi, Silva Diaz etc... V poor attitude.
    Does nothing to alter Cardiff's reputation.

Massive audience as well.

Having just got back from the game I think it fair to say MCFC have some exceptional players and we did put in some poor challenges. However, I do not think Bennett was intending to hurt Sane or Diaz I just think they were quicker than he was expecting. The players will rarely have played against players with feet that quick and it takes time to adjust your game to cope.

On the flip side, if we're going to have a reputation for clogging regardless of what we do then it's time to actually deserve it for a game. Man City were no angels either mind - they were just as cynical in some of their fouls.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Having just got back from the game I think it fair to say MCFC have some exceptional players and we did put in some poor challenges. However, I do not think Bennett was intending to hurt Sane or Diaz I just think they were quicker than he was expecting. The players will rarely have played against players with feet that quick and it takes time to adjust your game to cope.

On the flip side, if we're going to have a reputation for clogging regardless of what we do then it's time to actually deserve it for a game. Man City were no angels either mind - they were just as cynical in some of their fouls.
    I’d agree with this about them just being too quick, but by the same token the challenger on Sane was awful I’m this day and age. Luckily no VAR or that was a definite red.

I saw a picture of Bennett's tackle on Sane and I have no idea what he was thinking, he's closer to his knee than the ball!

I didn't like Man City's antics though, especially the way Gundogan rolled around to get the free kick for De Bruyne's goal

The feigning of injury etc was embarrassing
    Its a total joke. I despise the game because of it

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Otamendi was embarrassing IMO, big centre half covered in tattoos rolling on the floor like a baby because Zohore went within 5 yards of him

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I’d agree with this about them just being too quick, but by the same token the challenger on Sane was awful I’m this day and age. Luckily no VAR or that was a definite red.
    Yeah it was a red, mistimed last ditch tackle. Not the worst challenge of the season and all those hypocrites in the studio and on commentary have done worse. Shearer booted Neil Lennon in the face ffs.

Oh for the record 'Randolph Scott' was posting from the same IP as Helen Menkin aka Cedric. Not welcome here

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Oh for the record 'Randolph Scott' was posting from the same IP as Helen Menkin aka Cedric. Not welcome here

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Get it right Mike, it's 'Randoloph'...

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Yep

Their diving was disappointing to me it looked they were all playing best fallers, especially Otimendi