+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Paterson v. Grujic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Re: Paterson v. Grujic

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    One, from an average Scottish Prem. side, having recovered from a season-long injury. Put in another 100% performance, challenged for everything, didn't stop moving into spaces, and I don't think gave the ball away once.

The other, highly rated from a top Prem. side, looked like Bambi amongst tigers, gave the ball away constantly - their 2 goals came from his losing possession - and barely put a challenge in.

OK, he's only been playing 'development' football all season and is way off match fitness, but I can't help thinking that Klopp's 'deal' with the City to give him a guaranteed amount of playing time is aimed at toughening him up a bit - by which time he'll be on his way back to Liverpool..
    Agreed anonymous and wasteful.

How about Zohore v Pilkington?

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Agreed anonymous and wasteful.

How about Zohore v Pilkington?
    I thought Zohore had a pretty strong game. Fed off scraps and held the ball up as well as any striker in the Prem would. I hope we keep Pilks as he offers something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I thought Zohore had a pretty strong game. Fed off scraps and held the ball up as well as any striker in the Prem would. I hope we keep Pilks as he offers something different.
    From where I was stood in the Canton Zohore looked like he couldn't be bothered

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    To me and my Mrs we thought he looked absolutely exhausted from the first whistle. I assumed he was ill until I saw Paterson give him a bollocking.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I thought he put in a great shift and was one of our better players.

At one point he was clearly out on his feet and Paterson was telling him to close down while he covered his man, zohore did so and they inevitably played around him. I thought our pressing was poor, you either press in numbers or you might as well stick 11 behind the ball and only engage around the box.

Thought Paterson did OK but he isn't a midfielder, think Damour may have been a more natural fit for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I thought he put in a great shift and was one of our better players.

At one point he was clearly out on his feet and Paterson was telling him to close down while he covered his man, zohore did so and they inevitably played around him. I thought our pressing was poor, you either press in numbers or you might as well stick 11 behind the ball and only engage around the box.

Thought Paterson did OK but he isn't a midfielder, think Damour may have been a more natural fit for this game.
    Agreed on Zahore - from where I was sitting (blk 102), hard to know what else he could have done IMHO. Got the ball down from the long balls and held it up well. Midfield then inevitably lost it or passed it straight back to Man City. Saw Paterson shouting at him second half, but as soon as he chased it down Kompany and co just passed it around him, and then more space subsequently opened up for them to move forward into our half. Grujic seemed absent to me.

The long ball to Zohore seemed to be the same tactic used vs Sheffield Wednesday. We seemed to want to get the ball down and play first half, then retorted to long balls in the second. In the end it turned into a glorified exhibition game.

Let's be honest - if Man City were really trying it could have been many more. Top team. Their pace and movement off the ball is top quality. Sane's pace alone is electrifying.

Forget about it now and let's move on to getting 3 points at Leeds next Saturday

I thought Grujic was the only one comfortable in what little posession we had yesterday

Blue in the Face

Grujic has already shown that he is a massive step up from the likes of Damour. Can't wait for him to settle in. Yesterday should have been a really useful exercise for him in that regard. Yesterday's humbling shouldn't be read into. That was the best side to yet grace the CCS. Even better than yesteryear's Super Cup winners.

Reckon Neil is right with Paterson in that he will be with us for many a year and will eventually become a cult hero, mostly due to his attitude. I am a bit worried that he doesn't look as quick as when he was at Hearts pre-injury, though that could reflect the lack of pace/quality of the Scottish leagues. He needs to settle at RB eventually, but he is proving an useful stop gap through this injury plagued period. In the summer I feel we must off load one of our three RB's for the sake of balance, budget and playing opportunities. On current form, Jazz is the best of the three. But Paterson does have great potential still, so don't write him off!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Zahore was poor and looked like he couldn't be arsed