+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Getting the ball forward quickly vs keeping possession...

Getting the ball forward quickly vs keeping possession...

I don't see why these should be mutually exclusive as we seem to treat them. Our biggest enemy today was our lack of composure and skill when we got the ball. I was particularly disappointed with Grujic's passing as I'd hoped he'd bring some improvement in this area, and Ken and NM-L had a couple of howlers too...

For anyone who has played competitive sport you know that it is so much harder to put the effort into a sprint if you don't actually expect a team mate to be able to get the ball to you...

We have to sort out our aimless passing if we hope to have a chance of improving in the second half of the season. I also want to know who stole the Zohore and NM-L we had earlier in the season...

Re: Getting the ball forward quickly vs keeping possession...

I actually feel sorry for Grujic. He was up against one of the best midfields in Europe, and the one time he did drive forward with the ball he was looking to play the ball inside the full back but NML was not on the same wavelength.

NML for me, after a great start, is looking like a league 1 player at best.

Re: Getting the ball forward quickly vs keeping possession...

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I actually feel sorry for Grujic. He was up against one of the best midfields in Europe, and the one time he did drive forward with the ball he was looking to play the ball inside the full back but NML was not on the same wavelength.

NML for me, after a great start, is looking like a league 1 player at best.
    I was sat right next to that move and NM-L had no awareness at all of the potential of the run Grujic made. If he'd committed his full-back to have to stay with him Grujic was on his way. I agree NM-L has suddenly lost all his confidence which is sad when you see what he did early on with that one break...