+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bernardo Silva

Bernardo Silva

Amazing that guy isn’t in the Man City team week in, week out - just shows how much depth they have in the squad. He was one of the best players on the park today, absolute wand of a left foot. His disallowed goal, well that strike was magic.

Looks like he has so much potential and reminds me of the elder Silva.

Re: Bernardo Silva

The reason he can't break in is cos David Silva is even better. To think that they looked that much better than us without arguably their best player!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    The reason he can't break in is cos David Silva is even better. To think that they looked that much better than us without arguably their best player!
    I think De Bruyne has safely become just that now, though Silva in his prime years was as good.

No wonder they looked “that much better”, they’ve spent £800 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    No wonder they looked “that much better”, they’ve spent £800 million.

Of course that's true mate but nevertheless I don't there would have been such a chasm if we were playing Man United.
    We looked like a Sunday league team!

Of course that's true mate but nevertheless I don't there would have been such a chasm if we were playing Man United.
    We looked like a Sunday league team!
    I thought we would have looked crappy against any one today. Obviously we were playing s top drawer team but I don't think we showed up. I thought Otemandi is better in the flesh than he looks on tele.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    I think De Bruyne has safely become just that now, though Silva in his prime years was as good.
    I still think Silva (David) is still as good as De Bruyne.

Luckily he wasn't playing yesterday because De Bruyne looks 50% better again whenever Silva plays.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    I still think Silva (David) is still as good as De Bruyne.

Luckily he wasn't playing yesterday because De Bruyne looks 50% better again whenever Silva plays.
    Different players (D.Silva and KDB) although both are world class. Id say KDB was Citys most important player right now. Theyve got Bernardo to come in and do what David does but they havent got another player that can do what KDB does in terms of picking the ball up and driving forward with it. Probably the best box to box midfielder in the world at the moment. Gundogan is decent but I think the gap between him and KDB is bigger than that of D.Silva and B.Silva.

B.Silva definitely has the potential to go on and become the new D.Silva

What nationality is B.Silva?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Different players (D.Silva and KDB) although both are world class. Id say KDB was Citys most important player right now. Theyve got Bernardo to come in and do what David does but they havent got another player that can do what KDB does in terms of picking the ball up and driving forward with it. Probably the best box to box midfielder in the world at the moment. Gundogan is decent but I think the gap between him and KDB is bigger than that of D.Silva and B.Silva.

B.Silva definitely has the potential to go on and become the new D.Silva

What nationality is B.Silva?
    Portuguese. I agree with Ken Smith when they're both on the pitch De Bruyne looks much better

I thought Kompany had a great game for them. Always liked him and just comes across as a proper leader.

Wouldn't have made a difference to the score but we missed bamba.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I thought Kompany had a great game for them. Always liked him and just comes across as a proper leader.

Wouldn't have made a difference to the score but we missed bamba.
    Yes no leader on the pitch although Patterson did his best to motivate .

If you have money you can buy success in the world of football all and that is the difference ,i know the Utd's and Spurs of this world spend big however you do see young British talent showcased and given a chance in their teams ,with Man City is more of a commercial project for supremacy , and sadly restricting British talent.

Portuguese. I agree with Ken Smith when they're both on the pitch De Bruyne looks much better
    Raheem Sterling looks like a completely different player under Pep too

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes no leader on the pitch although Patterson did his best to motivate .

If you have money you can buy success in the world of football all and that is the difference ,i know the Utd's and Spurs of this world spend big however you do see young British talent showcased and given a chance in their teams ,with Man City is more of a commercial project for supremacy , and sadly restricting British talent.
    Not sure about Patterson motivating. Kept petulantly throwing his arms up at KZ.