+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Bennett Has Just Tweeted

Joe Bennett Has Just Tweeted

1. Just want to apologise to Leroy Sane for my tackle today. I tried to stop the counter attack and completely mistimed my attempt. 2. I didn't mean to catch him like I did I hope it's nothing serious and he recovers quickly.

Re: Joe Bennett Has Just Tweeted

Did the Cardiff City Press Officer sign it as well?

He mentioned nothing about the Brahim Diaz tackle so I suppose he's not sorry for that one.

MCFC not only victims

kdbchallenge.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Did the Cardiff City Press Officer sign it as well?
    Wind your neck in you gormless simpleton

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Wind your neck in you gormless simpleton
    Careful you don't stereotype inspector gadget there Compare him to a clanger hanging off a shire horses ass instead.

Sane is just so ridiculously fast that it was obviously a mistimed tackle, can't believe the abuse he's getting for it

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    1. Just want to apologise to Leroy Sane for my tackle today. I tried to stop the counter attack and completely mistimed my attempt. 2. I didn't mean to catch him like I did I hope it's nothing serious and he recovers quickly.
    Nice tweet, he has nothing to gain .

Radio 5 live's news just stated it's believed Sane is set to miss a number of months

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Sane is just so ridiculously fast that it was obviously a mistimed tackle, can't believe the abuse he's getting for it
    I agree, he looked superhumanly fast the way he was going - anyone else's pace and Bennett would have probably got the ball with the exact same tackle.

Joe Bennett and Neil Warnock hang you’re heads in shame. Disgraceful cowardly possibly career ending assault/tackle. Then to defend it Mr Warnock shows the depths you’ll stoop to for media attention. You both deserve to be lashed by the British media. Not a flicker of an apology.

— Chris Murrell (@ChrisMPelican) January 28, 2018

I think that makes some sense. I don't think it was malicious, but it should have been a red. Saying that, Bennett will now be criticised at a national level and I hope it doesn't affect his future performances.

Similarly, Cardiff's overall tactics will also be coming under the spot-light. We've heard a few clubs in the Championship complaining about Cardiff's physicality - now it goes onto a national level.

One other thing, just as the top clubs started to treat the FA Cup with the respect it deserves, I wonder if injuries like the one Sane seems to have suffered will see top clubs reverting back to playing their fourth choice players when they get drawn to play lower league opposition next season? I hope not, but could anyone really blame them if they did?

Radio 5 live's news just stated it's believed Sane is set to miss a number of months
    That is a huge shame, and one that has potential implications on the future of the FA Cup in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    MCFC not only victims

kdbchallenge.jpg
    Not sure you can compare that with either of Bennett's challenges to be fair.

National day of mourning surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    That is a huge shame, and one that has potential implications on the future of the FA Cup in my opinion.
    What on earth are you on about?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    What on earth are you on about?
    In my opinion, the top clubs will think twice about playing strong line-ups if their top players come from places like Cardiff with injuries. That's just my opinion - I could be wrong. Thank-you!

National day of mourning surely.
    A few years ago, any player getting injured and facing a lengthy lay-off would get some sympathy from opposition fans.

In my opinion, the top clubs will think twice about playing strong line-ups if their top players come from places like Cardiff with injuries. That's just my opinion - I could be wrong. Thank-you!
    Well they will be more likely to lose then, we aren't here to please them you know? Maybe next time we can lay a big red carpet down the middle of the pitch and our lot can sit either side and applaud as they score goal after goal. Footballers have been known to get injured from bad tackles in the Premier League as well, maybe the good players should just go swimming at 3pm on a Saturday.

A few years ago, any player getting injured and facing a lengthy lay-off would get some sympathy from opposition fans.
    Poor Sane, I feel sad for him having to play playstation for the next few months while getting blown by his supermodel wife and earning more in a day than I do in 2 years.

Right, moving on.

Poor Sane, I feel sad for him having to play playstation for the next few months while getting blown by his supermodel wife and earning more in a day than I do in 2 years.

Right, moving on.
    You might find that is very wrong

He is a Xbox man

Well they will be more likely to lose then, we aren't here to please them you know? Maybe next time we can lay a big red carpet down the middle of the pitch and our lot can sit either side and applaud as they score goal after goal. Footballers have been known to get injured from bad tackles in the Premier League as well, maybe the good players should just go swimming at 3pm on a Saturday.
    I'm not disputing any of that. But, as a manager you'd probably be happier to risk Sane getting injured at Crystal Palace in the pursuit of 3 points, than getting injured at Cardiff in a cup tie where - in all seriousness - your second string would probably win through anyway.

Right, moving on.
    Well done on missing all of the points.

Well done on missing all of the points.
    It's easy to miss, you don't have one. Guardiola didn't play a strong team to impress us, he played a strong team because he wants to win the cup and a 2nd string would be less likely to win. I don't mind one bit if teams don't risk their best players against us under some false pretence that we kick people off the park.

It is pretty clear Bennett can't time a tackle against pacy players, both tackles were timed wrong. Oh well, move on?!