+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pray for Sane

Pray for Sane

A space for all fans, no matter your club to leave your messages of support to Leroy at this difficult time.

#staystrongforsane

Re: Pray for Sane

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    A space for all fans, no matter your club to leave your messages of support to Leroy at this difficult time.

#staystrongforsane
    Many candles have been left outside the players entrance.

Horrific tackle? :)

#staystrongforsane

Can somebody start a collection ..

To be fair it was a bad tackle and we shouldn’t be encouraging those from our players.

A bad reputation will cause refs to be a little biased in future I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    To be fair it was a bad tackle and we shouldn’t be encouraging those from our players.

Bennett had every justification in trying to tackle Sane. What's he supposed to do - stand there and let him go past ? In a game where one side is full of multi-million pound footballers and the other a side of free transfers, and the pace at which the game is played, you will get incidents like these ...

Dear God. You’d swear we were a dirty side. 2 sendings off all season and near the top of the fair play league the overreaction is pathetic.

It was made worse by it being live on TV. Everyone gets a say and social media goes into full-on moral meltdown. It's the old joke I know, but he got there as soon as he could. It only takes a split-second to turn a good tackle into a bad one. You could freeze-frame a number of challenges in any game that would look bad. It's a contact sport played at speed. Guardiola is a bit pretentious at times. His players dish it out as well, none more so than when Aguero lunged at David Luiz.

Also made me laugh seeing that Jursset clown on here last night giving it the big one about the tackle, when one of their players was also red carded for a dangerous tackle on Saturday.

If Man City don’t. Want to play clubs that have players that can’t play at the pace as them they should not be in the cup or just join a super league

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    It was made worse by it being live on TV. Everyone gets a say and social media goes into full-on moral meltdown. It's the old joke I know, but he got there as soon as he could. It only takes a split-second to turn a good tackle into a bad one. You could freeze-frame a number of challenges in any game that would look bad. It's a contact sport played at speed. Guardiola is a bit pretentious at times. His players dish it out as well, none more so than when Aguero lunged at David Luiz.

Also made me laugh seeing that Jursset clown on here last night giving it the big one about the tackle, when one of their players was also red carded for a dangerous tackle on Saturday.
    We are 9th in the fair play league. The Wurzels are 16th. Not as bad a Dirty Leeds maybe but considerably worse than us.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

They’re already biased against us and always have been

I intended this as a place for people to leave their condolences to Sane.

I don't feel people have taken it seriously.

Off a football pitch Joe could be up for attempted murder. It's a miracle the lad hasn't had to have his ankle amputated and an absolute sign of god he is OK. He could have died.

On a serious note you see similar challenges every week, what is it about Cardiff and warnock that grown men that have families and work take to the Internet to call these things vile and an assault. The game and people watching have gone soft as shit.

Never an ideal challenge and it was a very poor one but it's impossible to eradicate while tackling is in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Bennett had every justification in trying to tackle Sane. What's he supposed to do - stand there and let him go past ? In a game where one side is full of multi-million pound footballers and the other a side of free transfers, and the pace at which the game is played, you will get incidents like these ...
    He wasn’t trying to tackle him he was trying to chop him down ffs

I don’t think he planted his studs on purpose but it was a definite red card tackle.

You don’t see tackles like that every week, it’s a red card and a potential leg breaker ffs.

Spot on there! I just wish these rich millionaire playboy clubs could feck off to Europe and form a European Super League and let the rest of us get on with it.

Not at our games every week no but up and down the country there are many.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    He had to make a tackle - and he caught him. If it was the other way around we'd all be saying the same. It's a game of football, Bennett isnt a bad or vindictive player.
    yep you got in one " Bennett isn't a bad or vindictive player." if you are half a yard slower and the player your facing is 2 yards faster ,guess what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    He could have died
    You are Sir Alex Ferguson and I claim my five pounds.

You are quite right, but it was a horrific tackle and Bennett should have got a straight red.
    Making a joke thread about it shows a lack of class.

Geldof has been asked to write a charity single for Sane and hold a benefits concert.

The world unites.

He can record one for David Luiz too

Aguero.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    He can record one for David Luiz too

Aguero.jpg
    "It's a pity about what happened, we will accept the bans," said City manager Pep Guardiola. After that Aguero tackle!

I have read just a little hysteria about the tackle

Joe went for the tackle ( he had to have a go ) the ball was pushed slightly past him and he was too slow, yes he caught him, but no malice in it, just a missed tackle against a quick player

Awful tackle. Cant even call it a tackle, he made no attempt at the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Awful tackle. Cant even call it a tackle, he made no attempt at the ball.
    Exactly, I don’t think he meant to hit him like he did but it’s a terrible tackle either way and he was looking to clean him out because he had no hope of catching him.

The sticking up for him and calling Sane soft in this thread just shows how blinkered and biased people can be.

Sane isn't soft as he was obviously hurt however, the reaction has still been over the top (no pun intended). Man City are rightfully praised for the way they play, but they can dish it out too. Then again, Warnock and Cardiff are a more convenient target.