+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pray for Sane

Re: Pray for Sane

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    People are too biased to give an impartial opinion, they have to defend him because he’s wearing a city shirt.

He most likely wasn’t trying to injure Sane but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a reckless challenge that deserved a red and a ban.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Good post. Good use of 'most likely' too. I've been surprised by the number of character witnesses on here, I didn't realise people know him so well.

Oddly, as soon as the game started on Sunday my eldest turned to me and said 'this is going to be a nightmare for Bennett'. He wasn't wrong, although I thought he was doing ok with Sterling until he lost him completely for his goal. I had a good view of the foul on Sane and was amazed by the viciousness and aggression of it when a simple trip or ankle tap would've done. People who are still claiming it was mistimed or that de Bruyne's completely accidental contact with Richards was just as bad have got some serious issues.
    Indeed, as have those who reckon the tackle wasn't high. Bennett's studs were closer to Sane's knee than his feet! Had the ball been involved, Bennett would have been over the top of it, but apparently it can't be described as a high tackle because it was Sane's ankle that got injured. The lad's fortunate his foot wasn't firmly planted when Bennett came flying in or the injury would certainly have been a whole lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Indeed, as have those who reckon the tackle wasn't high. Bennett's studs were closer to Sane's knee than his feet! Had the ball been involved, Bennett would have been over the top of it, but apparently it can't be described as a high tackle because it was Sane's ankle that got injured. The lad's fortunate his foot wasn't firmly planted when Bennett came flying in or the injury would certainly have been a whole lot worse.
    Where’ve you been, we’ve missed you

Good post. Good use of 'most likely' too. I've been surprised by the number of character witnesses on here, I didn't realise people know him so well.

Oddly, as soon as the game started on Sunday my eldest turned to me and said 'this is going to be a nightmare for Bennett'. He wasn't wrong, although I thought he was doing ok with Sterling until he lost him completely for his goal. I had a good view of the foul on Sane and was amazed by the viciousness and aggression of it when a simple trip or ankle tap would've done. People who are still claiming it was mistimed or that de Bruyne's completely accidental contact with Richards was just as bad have got some serious issues.
    Thats odd because Bennett wasn't even marking Sterling, who was playing through the middle, at all. Manga lost Sterling for the goal. Bernado Silva was on Bennetts side and was a handful all match but I thought Bennett did ok. i think people who try to claim that Bennett deliberately tried to injure Sane have got just as 'serious issues' as you put it. All the evidence (including the evidence of my own eyes watching him play) is that Bennett is not that type of player (only sent off twice before in 9 years).

Look - I agree it was a bad tackle and could have been a sending off but in real time during the game it looked fairly innocuous - just a trip, which is why I think the ref didnt send him off. It was only when slowed down in replay that it could be clearly seen, as everyone was moving so fast. Also, the Man City physios as well as the player obviously didnt think it was too bad at the time because the player came straight back on the pitch and played on - that in itself could have caused more damage. I wouldnt be surprised if he reappears in one or two weeks. When Sane was running with the ball towards our penalty box, loads of people were screaming for someone to tackle him or bring him down, so there is some hypocrisy going on here in my opinion.

Oh Dear, I have serious issues..

Quote Originally Posted by BuyingManCityTickets View Post
    i can't wait for a man city player to go in hard on someone it is going to be special
    Yeah I was thinking that. Pep is going to get it both barrels from that clubs fans.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Oh Dear, I have serious issues..
    You can redeem yourself by going to the shed and grabbing your pitchfork. We are heading round Bennett's later to string him up from a lamp post.

Feels like there's more people on here who support man city more then they support Cardiff city.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    For such a usually level headed, sensible poster on here, you have made some ridiculous comments on this thread!
    The tackle was horrific, high, and merited a straight red.
    In such a high prolific game, that was televised all over the world, Bennett has rightly so been slaughtered.
    If he wasn’t our player, every City fan on here would agree.
    Comparing the behaviour of other Man City players, takes nothing away from Bennett’s potential leg breaking tackle.
    Don't be such a drama queen.

It was a bad tackle, but over the years I e seen or been involved in hundreds worse.
    Tackles when a player comes flying in with the intention of hurting the opponent, ones where they can hit the ball but choose to go over the top.

I've had shin pads broken clean in half, I've had as a 16 year old a grown man smash me time and again in a friendly game just because I was a bit quick . I've been elbowed in the face many times with clear intent and seen it ignored by the ref and seen players punch, kick and head but others.

I've put in plenty of similar challenges to Bennett and I've seen hundreds out in both in games I've played in and watched ..

To me the games goung to get to the point where players will be afraid to go to ground and I LOVE a sliding tackle.

By the way , I don't moan when it happens to us either.

I'd like to see a few Opponents sent off, of course... anything to help, but I'm more likely to complain about us ALLOWING the opposition to bully us than blame them for doing so.

The stick Bennett has had over this is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    People are too biased to give an impartial opinion, they have to defend him because he’s wearing a city shirt.

He most likely wasn’t trying to injure Sane but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a reckless challenge that deserved a red and a ban.
    Looks to me that what most people are saying is just that he didn't want to injure him.

Quite the opposite really.

The reason he has damaged ankle ligaments is BECAUSE all his weight was on the foot that Bennett caught.

The other one is in the air.

If he hadn't had his weight on it then he most likely would have just gone over it and not hurt himself.

I would also say that Bennett probably tried to take the near foot rather than the far one as well.

Sane also managed to stay on for a few minutes which is quite impressive.

When I did mine I couldn't move and was in a cast and crutches for 3 weeks ( although I was back playing in a similar time to that expected of Sane).

Makes me think either he's got an incredible pain threshold or he'll be back well before the 6 weeks Pep is estimating.. possibly to back his 'protection' point up

Anyway. More importantly. Jazz to left back , Bruno right back and Bamba back in the middle.

Whats Bennett got a 1 game ban for 2 yellow?

The 'lad'. FFS. Makes him sound like the paper boy. E're we are sonny m'lad, 'ere's a shilling, go and buy yourself some shoes...

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Look - I agree it was a bad tackle and could have been a sending off but in real time during the game it looked fairly innocuous - just a trip, which is why I think the ref didnt send him off. It was only when slowed down in replay that it could be clearly seen, as everyone was moving so fast. Also, the Man City physios as well as the player obviously didnt think it was too bad at the time because the player came straight back on the pitch and played on - that in itself could have caused more damage. I wouldnt be surprised if he reappears in one or two weeks. When Sane was running with the ball towards our penalty box, loads of people were screaming for someone to tackle him or bring him down, so there is some hypocrisy going on here in my opinion.

this ^^^^

he had to make the Tackle, he made a hash of it, but lets not forget, this is football, you can make tackles in the sport ( for the time being )

We have all seen worse tackle that have only had a yellow card

You can bet if this tackle had happened in the previous round and it was a Mansfield player, we wouldnt be having this discussion

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    this ^^^^

he had to make the Tackle, he made a hash of it, but lets not forget, this is football, you can make tackles in the sport ( for the time being )

We have all seen worse tackle that have only had a yellow card

You can bet if this tackle had happened in the previous round and it was a Mansfield player, we wouldnt be having this discussion
    Steve Evans was moaning more than Pep over 'psycho' Hoillet's ruthless challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Steve Evans was moaning more than Pep over 'psycho' Hoillet's ruthless challenges.
    True

But it wasnt front page news around the world ( exaggerated i know, but it does feel like that )

Guess we won't be media darlings this season then. Some of the over-reaction from not just social media, but traditional print media is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Anyway. More importantly. Jazz to left back , Bruno right back and Bamba back in the middle.

Whats Bennett got a 1 game ban for 2 yellow?
    Manga is awful when playing full back, so Bennett deserves a fine just for letting that happen.

And as for the tackle, thought red at the time and after seeing it later it was worse than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Thats odd because Bennett wasn't even marking Sterling, who was playing through the middle, at all. Manga lost Sterling for the goal. Bernado Silva was on Bennetts side and was a handful all match but I thought Bennett did ok. i think people who try to claim that Bennett deliberately tried to injure Sane have got just as 'serious issues' as you put it. All the evidence (including the evidence of my own eyes watching him play) is that Bennett is not that type of player (only sent off twice before in 9 years).
    Sterling is up the right in the build-up to the second goal. When he passes it on and moves inside, Bennett tracks him but gets distracted and ends up in no-man's land. I'll agree that Manga was probably more at fault but the point I was making was that maybe Bennett was frustrated at the second goal and took some of that frustration out on Sane, I don't know. It was a mad challenge for the second booking too for someone who's not 'that kind of player'.

I haven't seen anyone claim he was trying to injure Sane but only he knows what he was thinking. I agreed that it was most likely that he wasn't but if you go into a challenge in that way then it's pretty hard to plead innocence afterwards. Choice and consequence. I've seen people trying to trip others up since I was in the school playground but I've never seen anyone do it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Don't be such a drama queen.

It was a bad tackle, but over the years I e seen or been involved in hundreds worse.
    Tackles when a player comes flying in with the intention of hurting the opponent, ones where they can hit the ball but choose to go over the top.

I've had shin pads broken clean in half, I've had as a 16 year old a grown man smash me time and again in a friendly game just because I was a bit quick . I've been elbowed in the face many times with clear intent and seen it ignored by the ref and seen players punch, kick and head but others.

I've put in plenty of similar challenges to Bennett and I've seen hundreds out in both in games I've played in and watched ..

To me the games goung to get to the point where players will be afraid to go to ground and I LOVE a sliding tackle.

By the way , I don't moan when it happens to us either.

I'd like to see a few Opponents sent off, of course... anything to help, but I'm more likely to complain about us ALLOWING the opposition to bully us than blame them for doing so.

The stick Bennett has had over this is ridiculous
    Absolutely nothing you’ve written above, has anything to do with the tackle on Sunday. You are still bizarrely defending Bennett and your own warped view of it. I give up. You win!!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Absolutely nothing you’ve written above, has anything to do with the tackle on Sunday. You are still bizarrely defending Bennett and your own warped view of it. I give up. You win!!
    People are so biased they’ll jump through hoops to stick up for the team they support.

The referees need to protect players - why on earth the ref didn't see what was going to happen and bodychecked Bennett to the floor I have no idea.