+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pray for Sane

Re: Pray for Sane

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Exactly, I don’t think he meant to hit him like he did but it’s a terrible tackle either way and he was looking to clean him out because he had no hope of catching him.

The sticking up for him and calling Sane soft in this thread just shows how blinkered and biased people can be.
    I agree, I dont think it was malicious, he was just trying to trip him up and take one for the team, but it was certainly reckless. He was extremly lucky not to see a straight red for it.

Bennett has apologised himself, he said he didnt mean to catch him like that, so he acknowledges how bad it was.

Taking the Cardif City goggles off you cant argue anything other than it was a really bad challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Awful tackle. Cant even call it a tackle, he made no attempt at the ball.
    Yes he did. You see hundreds of tackles like that in a season, it's just unfortunate [for Sane] he caught him higher up the leg ..

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    It was made worse by it being live on TV. Everyone gets a say and social media goes into full-on moral meltdown. It's the old joke I know, but he got there as soon as he could. It only takes a split-second to turn a good tackle into a bad one. You could freeze-frame a number of challenges in any game that would look bad. It's a contact sport played at speed. Guardiola is a bit pretentious at times. His players dish it out as well, none more so than when Aguero lunged at David Luiz.

Also made me laugh seeing that Jursset clown on here last night giving it the big one about the tackle, when one of their players was also red carded for a dangerous tackle on Saturday.
    Aguero pushed manga in the face in our box right in front of the family stand hard enough to put him to the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Yes he did. You see hundreds of tackles like that in a season, it's just unfortunate [for Sane] he caught him higher up the leg ..
    No. He. Didnt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QteCW824YE8

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    His wife would have it

His wife would have it
    Yep.

I agree, I dont think it was malicious, he was just trying to trip him up and take one for the team, but it was certainly reckless. He was extremly lucky not to see a straight red for it.

Bennett has apologised himself, he said he didnt mean to catch him like that, so he acknowledges how bad it was.

Taking the Cardif City goggles off you cant argue anything other than it was a really bad challenge.
    This is fair enough, I think what's bothering a lot of us is that he's being treated by the media like he was out to seriously injure him - which is not true.

And that we are a dirty side, which is also not true ( fair play table)

Also Bennett's own disciplinary record is very good. 7 Bookings's in 50 odd appearances for us.

Yes, I said to my buddy at the time it looked like he took one for the team. I think that means he was ready to take Sane down if necessary and accept a card (so it was a bit more than simply a mistimed tackle) but wasn't intending to do so in a way that would badly injure the player, in other words it wasn't malicious but reckless.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    This is fair enough, I think what's bothering a lot of us is that he's being treated by the media like he was out to seriously injure him - which is not true.
    How do you know that for sure, Tim? It was a truly awful tackle - high, genuinely dangerous, no attempt to play the ball whatsoever, and Bennett was at it again in the last few minutes. If anyone had committed a similar foul against a City player there would have been uproar.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    How do you know that for sure, Tim? It was a truly awful tackle - high, genuinely dangerous, no attempt to play the ball whatsoever, and Bennett was at it again in the last few minutes. If anyone had committed a similar foul against a City player there would have been uproar.
    I guess it's because Tim has seen him play live more than most and Bennett hasn't shown that kind of temperament in his time here.

I'm just hoping the battering Joe is currently getting everywhere doesn't affect his future performances for us.

I do agree it was awful, when a simple ankle tap would've done the job and been rightfully awarded a Yellow.

Wasn't really high. He caught Sane's ankle.

Also I can say he's not that type of player as in his 50 odd appearances for City I've never seen him put one nasty challenge in. I've probably seen 40 of these games. He's only been booked 7 times in that whole period, which isn't exactly the form of a dirty player. Especially as a full back.

I also know that sometimes you bring a player down knowing it's a booking or a good chance of a goal and sometimes you mistime it. Done it myself plenty of times.

Must be even more difficult to judge at that pace.

By the way, it's virtually impossible to carry out a sliding tackle without at least one foot coming off the floor.
    Next thing we'll have is a clamour to outlaw this too.

The fuss over this challenge compared to some of the others we've seen this season is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Wasn't really high. He caught Sane's ankle.
    Have you actually seen the incident we're talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    I guess it's because Tim has seen him play live more than most and Bennett hasn't shown that kind of temperament in his time here.
    As far as I'm aware, Sergio Aguero had never shown 'that kind of temperament' before he tried to maim David Luiz.

What Bennett has or hasn't done before is irrelevant. On this occasion, he wasn't trying to play the ball. He was attempting to bring down his opponent. His eyes were on the player and his tackle was terrible. It was clearly deliberate in every sense. All this 'mistimed' business is just nonsense.

Have you actually seen the incident we're talking about?
    https://youtu.be/QteCW824YE8
    Don’t think he has!

As far as I'm aware, Sergio Aguero had never shown 'that kind of temperament' before he tried to maim David Luiz.

What Bennett has or hasn't done before is irrelevant. On this occasion, he wasn't trying to play the ball. He was attempting to bring down his opponent. His eyes were on the player and his tackle was terrible. It was clearly deliberate in every sense. All this 'mistimed' business is just nonsense.
    Or before he pushed manga to the floor yesterday by pushing his hand in his face? That sort of cardable offence?

I agree. During real time from the stands I could see he was miles from the ball but thought at the time it literally was just one of those taking one for the team type occasions.

But as said above, a malicious challenge with intent would be something completely new from Bennett.

I don't remember anything between those two prior that might have been brewing either, so can only think an element of surprise (at Sane's speed), a lack of judgement as to the distance from the ball and a rush of blood on the 'big occasion' was to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    https://youtu.be/QteCW824YE8
    Don’t think he has!
    Who the hell has the time put these things together then add some random house track to it ffs?!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

You don’t see tackles like that every week, it’s a red card and a potential leg breaker ffs.
    if only he paid that kind of attention to his positioning on the pitch, I bet he could draw Sane's leg blind folded.

Im pretty sure Aguero had a retrospective red just before the Luiz incident.
    Are you suggesting Bennetts intention was to cause injury?
    He wasnt the only player to deliberately take the man and not the ball in the game. Grujic was hacked down 2nd half by a Man City player.
    The foul was deliberate and reckless. I dont believe for 1 minute Joe Bennett meant to catch him like that and potentially cause serious injury. I was right in front of the incident and in real time I just thought he tripped him, Its only later you realise how bad it was.
    Up to you if you want to join the lynch mob.

Whilst I have found some of those defending Sane to be a little too moralistic some of the tripe I have read from Cardiff fans defending Bennett has been nauseous to say the least. It was a horrible challenge and deserved a red, could have been far far worse for Sane.

Manchester City are not a team of "pansies" or divas really, they looked well up for the fight in my view and have some right horrible bastards in that team, Fernandinho being one. I feel that if our tactics were to get into them and rough them up then that was misjudged because they are a lot harder than many on here give them credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    Whilst I have found some of those defending Sane to be a little too moralistic some of the tripe I have read from Cardiff fans defending Bennett has been nauseous to say the least. It was a horrible challenge and deserved a red, could have been far far worse for Sane.

Manchester City are not a team of "pansies" or divas really, they looked well up for the fight in my view and have some right horrible bastards in that team, Fernandinho being one. I feel that if our tactics were to get into them and rough them up then that was misjudged because they are a lot harder than many on here give them credit for.
    I think it was Fernandinho who hacked down Grujic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post

If it was so bad how come the Man City physios told him to play on. I doubt many thought 'red card' until that photo..

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    It was.

They sang his name right after it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He was the best player on the pitch, I have always liked him. Adding a bit of grit to their team.

Monkfish - Are you suggesting that challenge was okay then? It's a miracle he continued to play in all honesty.