+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pray for Sane

Re: Pray for Sane

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    Whilst I have found some of those defending Sane to be a little too moralistic some of the tripe I have read from Cardiff fans defending Bennett has been nauseous to say the least. It was a horrible challenge and deserved a red, could have been far far worse for Sane.

Manchester City are not a team of "pansies" or divas really, they looked well up for the fight in my view and have some right horrible bastards in that team, Fernandinho being one. I feel that if our tactics were to get into them and rough them up then that was misjudged because they are a lot harder than many on here give them credit for.
    Tbf I don't think anyone's defending the challenge, it's the abuse joes getting that causing city fans to defend his character, I think. It has been a bit over the top!

Agree about Man City's team. Even the smaller players in stature like aguero and sterling. Both tough players with a dirty side to their game if needs be.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Bennett had every justification in trying to tackle Sane. What's he supposed to do - stand there and let him go past ? In a game where one side is full of multi-million pound footballers and the other a side of free transfers, and the pace at which the game is played, you will get incidents like these ...
    He can try and tackle him but no need to try and break his leg. I can't believe some of you on here if that was against one of our players I'd be going ape shit

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Have you actually seen the incident we're talking about?
    Yeah. I was there. Sane has got 'ankle ligament damage'.

He hasn't lost his knee caps .

De Bruyne's challenge on Richards was 'high'

As far as I'm aware, Sergio Aguero had never shown 'that kind of temperament' before he tried to maim David Luiz.

What Bennett has or hasn't done before is irrelevant. On this occasion, he wasn't trying to play the ball. He was attempting to bring down his opponent. His eyes were on the player and his tackle was terrible. It was clearly deliberate in every sense. All this 'mistimed' business is just nonsense.
    How the hell can you surmise that. I doubt you've seen even 5% of the games Agustin has played in !

How do you know that for sure, Tim? It was a truly awful tackle - high, genuinely dangerous, no attempt to play the ball whatsoever, and Bennett was at it again in the last few minutes. If anyone had committed a similar foul against a City player there would have been uproar.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Yeah. I was there. Sane has got 'ankle ligament damage'.

He hasn't lost his knee caps .

De Bruyne's challenge on Richards was 'high'

Ah, that's alright then. Basically, Bennett should have gone in a bit harder. Unbelievable that this tackle is still being defended.

If it was so bad how come the Man City physios told him to play on. I doubt many thought 'red card' until that photo..
    To be fair, the commentators said that it was a yellow because Sane was running away from goal. However, as soon as I saw the challenge I said it should be a red because Bennett stopped a goal-scoring opportunity. Seeing the slo-mo showed the challenge was worse than I or the commentators or the ref thought it was.

It was an awful challenge though - definitely not mis-timed. It was as cynical as they come.

How the hell can you surmise that. I doubt you've seen even 5% of the games Agustin has played in !
    In fact earlier in the season that incident happened he had a 3 match ban for elbowing Winston Reid in the face https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.ind...456.html%3famp

Pep says he's a good boy mind

In fact earlier in the season that incident happened he had a 3 match ban for elbowing Winston Reid in the face https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.ind...456.html%3famp

Pep says he's a good boy mind
    And this makes Bennett's tackle better, how?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Tbf I don't think anyone's defending the challenge, it's the abuse joes getting that causing city fans to defend his character, I think. It has been a bit over the top!

Agree about Man City's team. Even the smaller players in stature like aguero and sterling. Both tough players with a dirty side to their game if needs be.
    Well put.

I also agree with the comment about their players, even KDB was no pushover and strong on the ball imo.

Is it just me that doesn't give a toss about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Ah, that's alright then. Basically, Bennett should have gone in a bit harder. Unbelievable that this tackle is still being defended.
    Not defending the tackle , just ridiculing the OTT reaction to it.

The boy was booked and lucky not to be sent off, but it wasn't life or career threatening.

The point I was making above was that Dave said it was high, yet the injury was to an ankle. Thus it was low. Not high.

The boy was booked and lucky not to be sent off, but it wasn't life or career threatening.

The point I was making above was that Dave said it was high, yet the injury was to an ankle. Thus it was low. Not high.
    Ah, so it's just the semantics then. Bennett's foot is clearly on the lower part of Sane's leg, but above the ball. I'd say that is high in comparison to the ball, but low in comparison to the moon.

Tbh, I think the ankle ligament damage was due to him twisting and going over on it due to the impact higher up. The picture shows Bennett’s foot making contact between ankle and knee.

For such a usually level headed, sensible poster on here, you have made some ridiculous comments on this thread!
    The tackle was horrific, high, and merited a straight red.
    In such a high prolific game, that was televised all over the world, Bennett has rightly so been slaughtered.
    If he wasn’t our player, every City fan on here would agree.
    Comparing the behaviour of other Man City players, takes nothing away from Bennett’s potential leg breaking tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    For such a usually level headed, sensible poster on here, you have made some ridiculous comments on this thread!
    In such a high prolific game, that was televised all over the world, Bennett has rightly so been slaughtered.
    Comparing the behaviour of other Man City players, takes nothing away from Bennett’s potential leg breaking tackle.
    Agreed, the fact that it seems the injury is not as bad as first feared doesn't make Bennett's tackle less bad in some way - the tackle was a shocker and, as has been remarked by others, City fans, and our manager, would have been up in arms if it had been made on one of our players and the perpetrator was only shown a yellow card.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agreed, the fact that it seems the injury is not as bad as first feared doesn't make Bennett's tackle less bad in some way - the tackle was a shocker and, as has been remarked by others, City fans, and our manager, would have been up in arms if it had been made on one of our players and the perpetrator was only shown a yellow card.
    Disagree completely. The 'photograph' gives the impression Bennett's side on as he tackles Sane, but he was actually coming in from almost directly behind him - as the footage shows. I compare this to those studs-over-the-ball tackles where the perpetrator is face on and has only one thing on his mind.

Were it Bert Smuggins of Accrington away at Crawley, it would be different. Sane's ligaments are more valuable than Bert's, Bert isn't a £300,000 a week super star. It wouldn't be plastered all over the back pages, take up hours of air time on the Radio.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Don't think anyone would argue it wasn't a shocking challenge to be fair, nor the fact it should have been red.

I'd be surprised though if Bennett had gone out to injure the player. In my opinion he has panicked and clearly got it wrong. It was wreckless and there would be no argument if there was an extension.

Personally I just find the ott witch hunt in the media and social media ridiculous. The presenter on ssn last night looked like he was announcing the lads passing.

If it was the other way around there would have been comments on here, no one outside of the club would have given it any notice and that would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    People are too biased to give an impartial opinion, they have to defend him because he’s wearing a city shirt.

He most likely wasn’t trying to injure Sane but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a reckless challenge that deserved a red and a ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    People are too biased to give an impartial opinion, they have to defend him because he’s wearing a city shirt.

He most likely wasn’t trying to injure Sane but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a reckless challenge that deserved a red and a ban.
    Spot on .

Disagree completely. The 'photograph' gives the impression Bennett's side on as he tackles Sane, but he was actually coming in from almost directly behind him - as the footage shows. I compare this to those studs-over-the-ball tackles where the perpetrator is face on and has only one thing on his mind.

Were it Bert Smuggins of Accrington away at Crawley, it would be different. Sane's ligaments are more valuable than Bert's, Bert isn't a £300,000 a week super star. It wouldn't be plastered all over the back pages, take up hours of air time on the Radio.
    It's even worse if he's coming from directly behind!

My thoughts exactly.

I see Neil Warnock has revised his opinion on the tackle.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rnock-14216545

i can't wait for a man city player to go in hard on someone it is going to be special

Good post. Good use of 'most likely' too. I've been surprised by the number of character witnesses on here, I didn't realise people know him so well.

Oddly, as soon as the game started on Sunday my eldest turned to me and said 'this is going to be a nightmare for Bennett'. He wasn't wrong, although I thought he was doing ok with Sterling until he lost him completely for his goal. I had a good view of the foul on Sane and was amazed by the viciousness and aggression of it when a simple trip or ankle tap would've done. People who are still claiming it was mistimed or that de Bruyne's completely accidental contact with Richards was just as bad have got some serious issues.