+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Mark Lawrenson doesnt like Cardiff

Re: Why Mark Lawrenson doesnt like Cardiff

Mark Lawrenson is a complete waste of oxygen and is the David Brent of the football world. If he is commentating I turn the sound off. How he still gets paid is beyond me.

His "predictions" on Friday's 5 Live are hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    His "predictions" on Friday's 5 Live are hilarious.
    He doesn’t predict anything more than 2-0

Absolute outrage and huge bans for someone who expels phlegm at a person but hero status for one who takes a sh!t in a person's kitbag

I doubt even Liverpool fans like Lawro.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Absolute outrage and huge bans for someone who expels phlegm at a person but hero status for one who takes a sh!t in a person's kitbag

I doubt even Liverpool fans like Lawro.
    I wouldn't either. I remember after the allegations against Grobellaar he thought it was a good idea to do a back page exclusive saying that he couldn't believe he knew Bruce for all those years but didn't realise all that time that he was a cheat!

What a prick

He is a horrible man I could care less if he likes us or not.

I would be more annoyed if he did like us.

Who is Lawro .

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Mark Lawrenson is a complete waste of oxygen and is the David Brent of the football world. If he is commentating I turn the sound off. How he still gets paid is beyond me.
    This 1000%. Why do the BBC persist in employing him and his thatched cottage head? It's not like he was some past superstar. The man has never had an original thought in his existence. Everything he says makes me cringe to death.

The OP is right. Lawrenson does have a hate for Cardiff. My guess is he's a closet racist.

I decided to put the game on last night while my Indian arrived and i " wound down " after the drive home last night, not sure why i did, i know we were beaten in every department, but i thought it might be interesting watching it on TV again

so the Indian say it will be with me in 30 mins, so i pour myself a " bailyes " and stick the game on, i got to when they scored the disallowed goal ( which they were still saying it was a goal, they even said they have restarted from the wrong place, so much for winding down after the drive, it didnt work ) and could take no more, Now i was 100 % sure lawro played for Liverpool, but the way he was going on about man city made me think i had got it wrong, i had to google it

As it happens, that much just too much for me, i fast forwarded it to the tackle and left it at that

The BBC could well look at that video and think " we should spare the BBC licence players from this crap " and sack the clown

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Ive heard Mark Lawrenson before and always thought he seems to have a dislike for us. Always little comments / put downs etc - maybe it was just him being a moaning old git I thought.

And then with a simple Google I found out why - we can thank Robin Friday. After he and 'Lorro' had a scrap on the pitch , Friday kicked him and then got sent off - apparently he didnt want to leave it there - so broke into the Brighton dressing room found Lorro's kit bag - and took a sh1t in it - or so the story goes anyway.

Apologies if everyone already knows the story, but I didnt - and now it possibly explains his attitude towards us.
    The story is generally known but it is not generally believed. Wiki carefully uses the phrase "according to legend", the Robin Friday book "The Greatest Footballer You Never Saw" doesn't confirm it either. Roger Titford, a well known Reading fan and author of many articles on Robin Friday denies it ever happened. At the time Friday had gone from being useless in a Cardiff City shirt to totally ineffective due to a can't be a*sed attitude ( present during most of the games he played for the City) and a breakdown in his health due to his extreme lifestyle. In that game Lawrenson had him in his pocket with little effort and , in frustration, Friday kicked Lawrenson when he was on the ground and duly got sent off. Friday then served his suspension, managed to miss another game as well (typical) and played his last game for us away at Bolton in a 6-3 defeat where he was useless again.Then he walked out on us. What a waste of money he was !

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    This 1000%. Why do the BBC persist in employing him and his thatched cottage head? It's not like he was some past superstar. The man has never had an original thought in his existence. Everything he says makes me cringe to death.

The OP is right. Lawrenson does have a hate for Cardiff. My guess is he's a closet racist.
    And the worst part of all is hes not even the worst or cringiest football pundit on the BBC!!!

Garth Crookes is even worse!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    And the worst part of all is hes not even the worst or cringiest football pundit on the BBC!!!

Garth Crookes is even worse!
    ^^^^THIS BY FAR^^^^^

Garh Brooke's cracks me up. His one on one interviews are something else.

I can't remember the exact details but the year we were in the premier league he predicted us to draw one game out of our first 12-15. He does the same to Swansea, the bias/hatred is obvious.

Ive heard Mark Lawrenson before and always thought he seems to have a dislike for us. Always little comments / put downs etc - maybe it was just him being a moaning old git I thought.

And then with a simple Google I found out why - we can thank Robin Friday. After he and 'Lorro' had a scrap on the pitch , Friday kicked him and then got sent off - apparently he didnt want to leave it there - so broke into the Brighton dressing room found Lorro's kit bag - and took a sh1t in it - or so the story goes anyway.

Apologies if everyone already knows the story, but I didnt - and now it possibly explains his attitude towards us.
    What a load of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Garh Brooke's cracks me up. His one on one interviews are something else.
    Bloody hell. Garth Crookes. Sorry Garth
    You still can't interview properly though.

You may remember Mark Lawrenson wanted us kicked out of the English league after the Leeds Cup match and the fact it was the FAW who dealt with discipling us for missiles thrown at Nigel Martyn etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    He doesn’t predict anything more than 2-0
    Rather than a challenge against him to guess the correct score there should be a challenge to predict his predictions. Should get at least half right each week .

Garth Crookes got a head like one of those old deep sea divers helmets.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Garth Crookes got a head like one of those old deep sea divers helmets.

My memories of Robin Friday - meeting him outside Brisbane Road the season he left us. We had a quick chat with him. Top guy
    Walking to the ground and I spot him heading to the ground with a bag slung over his shoulder.

This video is worth a look #LSD classic!

https://youtu.be/hf5EJQbFgk4

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I wouldn't either. I remember after the allegations against Grobellaar he thought it was a good idea to do a back page exclusive saying that he couldn't believe he knew Bruce for all those years but didn't realise all that time that he was a cheat!

What a prick
    Did he really?

What a snivelling cvunt

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    The story is generally known but it is not generally believed. Wiki carefully uses the phrase "according to legend", the Robin Friday book "The Greatest Footballer You Never Saw" doesn't confirm it either. Roger Titford, a well known Reading fan and author of many articles on Robin Friday denies it ever happened. At the time Friday had gone from being useless in a Cardiff City shirt to totally ineffective due to a can't be a*sed attitude ( present during most of the games he played for the City) and a breakdown in his health due to his extreme lifestyle. In that game Lawrenson had him in his pocket with little effort and , in frustration, Friday kicked Lawrenson when he was on the ground and duly got sent off. Friday then served his suspension, managed to miss another game as well (typical) and played his last game for us away at Bolton in a 6-3 defeat where he was useless again.Then he walked out on us. What a waste of money he was !
    Ahh, Enoch and his omnipresent hatred of all things Robin Friday!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Ahh, Enoch and his omnipresent hatred of all things Robin Friday!!
    Not hatred, just annoyance that the myth of Robin Friday the Cardiff City player seems to have overtaken the reality. The reality being that he was mostly useless or absent.