+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Yesterday reminded me of what life was like in the prem

Yesterday reminded me of what life was like in the prem

I really didn't enjoy the game yesterday... it felt like our season in the prem of recent

I'd happily watch the championship next season over 18 games of that next season

Re: Yesterday reminded me of what life was like in the prem

We would strengthen though and 18 of the other teams we would face wouldn't be as good as that Man City side.

I'm with you on this, not only the sterile nature of the game ,although its highly skilled it can numb you ,the biggest irritant for me was the fans who rocked up in there masses , will we see them v Bolton , guess not .

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We would strengthen though and 18 of the other teams we would face wouldn't be as good as that Man City side.
    We would need a whole new squad. I cant think of one player with genuine premier league quality in our team.

People go on about Joe Ralls but he panicked every time he had the ball yesterday. No composure just hoof it forward and give the ball back to them.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    We would need a whole new squad. I cant think of one player with genuine premier league quality in our team.

People go on about Joe Ralls but he panicked every time he had the ball yesterday. No composure just hoof it forward and give the ball back to them.
    Ralls is our best midfield player - apart from the injured Gunnarson. Just shows how weak we are in that department..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'm with you on this, not only the sterile nature of the game ,although its highly skilled it can numb you ,the biggest irritant for me was the fans who rocked up in there masses , will we see them v Bolton , guess not .
    My 12-year old son asked me yesterday if all these "new fans" would have turned up if we'd have drawn Watford.....

what annoyed me was the constant going to ground like they had been shot after most tackles

I dont watch Prem football ( dont really watch football without city playing, i find it dull ) it is surely not like that week in week out in the prem is it ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Ralls is our best midfield player - apart from the injured Gunnarson. Just shows how weak we are in that department..
    Yep, and Gunnarson wont be here next season.

We would need a complete new team to be competitive in the Premier League. I'm with the original poster as I don't want to see the club humbled each week by other teams. And let's face it even the TV money wouldn't pay for a new team and Tan has done his bit so where is the money to come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    We would need a complete new team to be competitive in the Premier League. I'm with the original poster as I don't want to see the club humbled each week by other teams. And let's face it even the TV money wouldn't pay for a new team and Tan has done his bit so where is the money to come from?
    To be fair we wouldnt face teams of that quality every week. We would still need a whole new team to be competetive against the rest though, I agree.

Thats the mistake Malky made the last time we went up. Stuck with too many players who were just not up to Premier League standard, and signed a load of rubbish too.