+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The game has been ruined.

The game has been ruined.

The game has been ruined for me. I know I am one of the older supporters but the game has changed for the worst imo.
    Game is fast becoming non contact with players rolling around in agony for the slightest of tackles.
    Overseas players and managers coming here dictating what goes on in our game.
    Players over paid to the extreme having no connection with the real world and real people.

The fuss in the media over the Joe Bennetts tackle is laughable,just because its a Man City player.Even German FA get involved.
    What about Zohore disallowed goal against Sheffield Weds nothing said.That could cost the club millions in the long run.
    Its all about the Premier League with little concern about the rest of us and thats down to the money involved.
    I hope the whole lot goes pop money wise and we can get back to the game as I knew and loved.

Re: The game has been ruined.

Agree 100 %.

To be fair mate that was a bad challenge by Bennett yesterday. I remember receiving a challenge like that from Neil Minnet down The Black and he was the referee!!!!

Agree on the money thing though, it has spoilt the game to a certain degree. FFP is a load of bollocks the gaps got wider, it hasnt made it more competetive at all. Not the PL anyway. Also, what happened to the YTS lads cleanign boots and sweeping the terraces? Theres kids in PL youth teams on tens of thousands a week set for life wether they make an appearance in the first team or not. It wont be long before someone is earning 1 million pound. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    The game has been ruined for me. I know I am one of the older supporters but the game has changed for the worst imo.
    Game is fast becoming non contact with players rolling around in agony for the slightest of tackles.
    Players over paid to the extreme having no connection with the real world and real people.

The fuss in the media over the Joe Bennetts tackle is laughable,just because its a Man City player.Even German FA get involved.
    What about Zohore disallowed goal against Sheffield Weds nothing said.That could cost the club millions in the long run.
    Its all about the Premier League with little concern about the rest of us and thats down to the money involved.
    I hope the whole lot goes pop money wise and we can get back to the game as I knew and loved.
    AMEN to that

They all chose to forget about Debruyne’s studs showing lunge into Jazz Richards thigh

I'd love to hear guardiola's thoughts on Aguero pushing Manga to the floor..hand in face..now that IS deliberate.

Bennett tackle was bad, can't defend it. But Guardiola might want to look a bit closer to home..pretentious prick.

What's up with the back 3 playing the ball amonst themselves for 5 mins with the goalkeeper in the centre-half position? Ditto no strikers. Give me Real Madrid to watch any day!

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post

Asolutely spot on. The game is a joke. Its not the game I loved

Its embarrassing. I fully understand why fans of Rugby, Football and Hurling take the piss. The latter being the best to watch by far. You'd be ripped apart if you acted like these prima donnas.
    I've cancelled sky sports, I'm not helping fund these w#####s!

Plenty of Brits who were masters at 'winning' penalties, including some of our players. Cheating and bending the rules has long been part of the game and boundaries are pushed year on year. It's up to the authorities to make directives and stick by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Plenty of Brits who were masters at 'winning' penalties, including some of our players. Cheating and bending the rules has long been part of the game and boundaries are pushed year on year. It's up to the authorities to make directives and stick by them.
    and refs to enforce them. However top prem teams always seem to get all the 50 / 50 decisions from refs who
    seem to be in love with the Premiershits as Private Eye calls them.

I think what doesn't help are the ex-pros making endless excuses for players and the constant focus on referees instead. If there's any contact in the box these days it'll be used as something to whip the refs and demand that a penalty should've been given. It all feeds into the culture.

Mind you, defenders have their tricks as well, but the ****wumps like Shearer and Ferdinand won't call them all out cos they used to do them too.

Bennett's tackle was a bad one, but watching the game back today it is noticeable that there was no comment suggesting it should have been a red until the slo-mo replay was shown. Doesn't make it any more acceptable but in the absence of VAR the referee got it right IMHO.
    What also is interesting in the context of some of the comments being made in the media is that Cardiff committed 13 fouls in the game, Man City 10. Given that Man City had 74% possession that means that for approximately every 5 minutes of possession they had they got fouled, while for approximately every 2 minutes Cardiff were in possession Man City committed a foul.

Man City finished 17th out of 20 in the Fair Play Table last season. Nearly as dirty as the Wurzels.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Bennett's tackle was a bad one, but watching the game back today it is noticeable that there was no comment suggesting it should have been a red until the slo-mo replay was shown. Doesn't make it any more acceptable but in the absence of VAR the referee got it right IMHO.
    What also is interesting in the context of some of the comments being made in the media is that Cardiff committed 13 fouls in the game, Man City 10. Given that Man City had 74% possession that means that for approximately every 5 minutes of possession they had they got fouled, while for approximately every 2 minutes Cardiff were in possession Man City committed a foul.
    Interesting stat there, perhaps one of the daily rags or unbiased "experts" on the box might point this out?..... nah, course they might not.

It just doesn't seem possible any more for a player to lose their balance and fall to the ground. Either theyre claiming to be the victim of a brutal challenge and the other player should be booked, or they've dived.
    The middle ground seems to have disappeared from the game.

This thread has at least convinced me that I'm not the only football fan who hasn't lost the plot on the last 24 hours.

👍