+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We need a new striker ASAP Zohore isn't looking up to it.

Re: We need a new striker ASAP Zohore isn't looking up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Well it made sense to bring him off when he did and get Pilks on then, sounds like you had a better view than mine.

I stand by my view on KZ. Outplayed by the better side in every department not just his.
    I also reiterate my point that we do need cover for him up top as I feel he got overplayed, like others, and picked up the knocks which have seen him not hit the heights of early season.
    I'm viewing him on the whole season, taking into account injuries. Absolutely talented, no question. Works hard, no question. Things aren't clicking for him and in my opinion, not convinced it will for a while if at all whilst he remains here.

I think it's telling that Zohore's last match for us before injury was the 1-0 defeat at Birmingham. While he was crocked, we won 7 out of 10, losing 1. The very moment he comes back into the first team we've lost 6 out of 9 (albeit one of those was to Man City) with our only 2 wins coming at 3rd tier Mansfield (who we couldn't beat at home) and a 4-0 thumping of an absolutely woeful Sunderland (who would have lost to a bottom division side that day, they were that poor).

I'd drop him straight away. I'd give Bogle a run in the side. He's not afraid to put in the hard work and take defenders on. Zohore hasn't looked interested since we turned down Everton last summer. His goalscoring record is also the worst of all our strikers.

£15million for him? We should have bitten Everton's hand off. He's not worth that at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but he always seems to look like he'd rather be somewhere else. Probably sees City as no more than a stepping stone to 'better' things..
    His form has dipped since the last transfer window. Maybe he is sulking?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    £15million for him? We should have bitten Everton's hand off. He's not worth that at the moment.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I feel a bit for Ken. We dont seem to be able to give him the right ball so that he can turn the defender and run at them. Obviously defenders know he can be unstoppable if he turns them and mark him accordingly but the service doesn't help.
    That's the one poor service ,our dip has gone were flat not just Ken the wide lads as well, thankfully we have the Norwich lad to come In , perhaps Kadem and Healey ,and the way Warnocks chatting Pilk' s maybe in with a shout. Pity Tomlin hasn't shown his desire in training .

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    He does seem to be playing without that desire to really impose himself on a game. I really thought he'd want to show the world what he could do against Kompany but he didn't even force him to break sweat...
    That was the most disappointing part of Zohore's performance for me. As I mentioned in my blog, there were two chances for him in the first half to go on the sort of run on which the reputation he gained for himself before his injury was founded (unlike some others, I thought his performance levels were fine until he got injured in October) as we found the right type of pass for him after all of the dross he has had put his way since his return just before Christmas, and he seemed to either not trust his body enough or not have the confidence to really go for it.

One thing I would say though is that it seems unfair to me that Zohore is being singled out after Sunday's game - yes, he should have been thinking "today is a great opportunity for me and I should do all I can to take it" beforehand, but shouldn't the other ten who started the match have been thinking the same as well? For us to have had a chance, we needed about eight of our team to be turning in eight out of ten performances or better - I don't think anyone deserved such a marking.

Zohore, and most others in the side, was worth six out of ten at best. Who can anyone think of who had a good game? For me Etheridge did well, but it tends to say something about a teams display when the keeper gets singled out for praise, Richards and Morrison played okay, Hoilett had his moments and, fair play to him, Feeney was lively when he came on - as for the rest, I believe they should all have been thinking "I could have played a lot better than that" yesterday.

I blame Warnock for Ken’s performance.

To me he looked completely exhausted. If that was the case he would have known he was knackered and shouldn’t have played him.

If he was just being lazy, then I didn’t see Warnock bollocking him and should have subbed him.

Let’s be honest though most of us couldn’t have cared if we went out against Mansfield.

He shouldn’t have been tir d coming into that match - no way

Zohore spent all the game chasing the ball whilst their defenders knocked the ball around. Of course he was knackered

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We looked far more dangerous when Pilkington came on

I'm gutted Ward is out for the rest of the season, he was improving every game
    Wards a jobber compared to Zohore, hasn't got and ounce of his class.

I thought Zohore worked hard despite clearly not being match fit and having a constant stream of long balls lumped up to him when he wants it into feet.

I think it's telling that Zohore's last match for us before injury was the 1-0 defeat at Birmingham. While he was crocked, we won 7 out of 10, losing 1. The very moment he comes back into the first team we've lost 6 out of 9 (albeit one of those was to Man City) with our only 2 wins coming at 3rd tier Mansfield (who we couldn't beat at home) and a 4-0 thumping of an absolutely woeful Sunderland (who would have lost to a bottom division side that day, they were that poor).

I'd drop him straight away. I'd give Bogle a run in the side. He's not afraid to put in the hard work and take defenders on. Zohore hasn't looked interested since we turned down Everton last summer. His goalscoring record is also the worst of all our strikers.

This is absolutely laughable. He was injured against Birmingham, for starters and was playing well before that in my opinion. Zohore came back into a side not playing well, we laboured to a draw over Reading, beat Hull by the odd goal and had been awful in the first half against Norwich. Then, God help us how bad we were against Bolton. Then Zohore comes on. We were horrible against Fulham again, and keep lumping balls up to him with no support. Our drop in form has nothing to do with the strikers, they'd all be on a hiding to nothing, as they have been for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Zohore came back into a side not playing well, we laboured to a draw over Reading, beat Hull by the odd goal and had been awful in the first half against Norwich.
    But despite not playing all that well we managed to score 2 at Forest, 3 at home to Norwich and 2 at Reading. At least we were scoring goals, something which stopped when Zohore came back into the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Zohore spent all the game chasing the ball whilst their defenders knocked the ball around. Of course he was knackered
    It's not his effort that bothers me in the slightest. That's not in question. Neither is the fact that he had a thankless job to do on his own...

Completely different issue...he wasn't anticipating passes from midfield so would be facing back when we were coming forward and looking to knock the ball past for him to run on to...he had no idea where to position himself for flick ons..all things that should be worked on day after day in training and they should all know in their sleep? Surely?

I thought he looked ****ed on Sunday. He kept pulling up instead of chasing the ball. If he wasn't carrying a knock or completely spent, I'd say he played like he didn't care.

But despite not playing all that well we managed to score 2 at Forest, 3 at home to Norwich and 2 at Reading. At least we were scoring goals, something which stopped when Zohore came back into the team.
    We were bloody awful at Bolton way before we came on, and it took a set piece to beat Hull.

Re Forest, that was over a month before Zohore came back, after we laboured to a 1-0 win vs Barnsley (I was there, at the time I thought it was a great win). We've not been playing well for a while. Teams have been walking through our midfield, and we've started to concede sloppy goals. To blame it on Zohore is incorrect; he may not be playing well but that is only one side to the story. Our problems have been glossed over by our hard work and we've had a bit of luck. Now that's worn out, we're increasingly one-dimensional and our season is in grave danger of petering out. Whoever we have up front is feeding off scraps, and has been for a while. The last goals our strikers scored was Zohore (Fulham, 26 Dec) and Bogle (Norwich 1st Dec). That is 8 and 12 games ago. Why isn't the ball getting to our strikers in dangerous postions, and why aren't we getting bodies around him?

We were bloody awful at Bolton way before we came on, and it took a set piece to beat Hull.

Re Forest, that was over a month before Zohore came back, after we laboured to a 1-0 win vs Barnsley (I was there, at the time I thought it was a great win). We've not been playing well for a while. Teams have been walking through our midfield, and we've started to concede sloppy goals. To blame it on Zohore is incorrect; he may not be playing well but that is only one side to the story. Our problems have been glossed over by our hard work and we've had a bit of luck. Now that's worn out, we're increasingly one-dimensional and our season is in grave danger of petering out. Whoever we have up front is feeding off scraps, and has been for a while. The last goals our strikers scored was Zohore (Fulham, 26 Dec) and Bogle (Norwich 1st Dec). That is 8 and 12 games ago. Why isn't the ball getting to our strikers in dangerous postions, and why aren't we getting bodies around him?
    I'm not blaming Zohore as the entire reason we've stopped scoring goals, but we have looked even more impotent in front of goal since he came back. Whether that's down to him, our tactics to him, how the team accommodate him we can debate for eternity. The fact of the matter is that we have looked less like scoring since his return and our previously lack lustre performances have hit new lows.

You might have the opinion that we'd be in the same boat regardless of who plays up front for us. I'm of the opinion that we need to try something else. Zohore has had a long enough chance. If someone else was to come in and we still can't score or perform, then we know we've got problems. Things can't be allowed to carry on as they are.

I'm not blaming Zohore as the entire reason we've stopped scoring goals, but we have looked even more impotent in front of goal since he came back. Whether that's down to him, our tactics to him, how the team accommodate him we can debate for eternity. The fact of the matter is that we have looked less like scoring since his return and our previously lack lustre performances have hit new lows.

You might have the opinion that we'd be in the same boat regardless of who plays up front for us. I'm of the opinion that we need to try something else. Zohore has had a long enough chance. If someone else was to come in and we still can't score or perform, then we know we've got problems. Things can't be allowed to carry on as they are.
    I’m assuming the reason that we’ve signed Wildschut and Grujic rather than a striker is to solve the problem of getting the ball to Zohore. We saw flashes of improvement at Hillsborough, hopefully we see progress on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I’m assuming the reason that we’ve signed Wildschut and Grujic rather than a striker is to solve the problem of getting the ball to Zohore. We saw flashes of improvement at Hillsborough, hopefully we see progress on Saturday.
    I was encouraged by the last half hour against Man City. We can play some decent football if we're not whacking it as far upfield as we can as often as we do.

I don't think he's fit, I don't think any of them are fit though but we're not going to go up without him. I don't think the others are good enough and we need Zohore. If he can get back to his form from 9 months ago, it might kick start our season. He started the season well, too.

I've watched us quite a bit away from home this season, and we've often been pretty average but we've managed to sneak a set piece or a breakaway goal. This has split over into our home form but we're not getting the breaks anymore. Gunnar is a massive miss in midfield, hence Paterson in there. Personally, I think we have more issues than Zohore, and the fact we're treating him like a back to goal, hold up man doesn't help in the slightest. He's never been that and he always struggles when he does that. In truth, if you take out our first 5 games, we've been pretty average since then. This has been coming and I don't think we have enough. I agree we've got to try things but I think it's too late.

I don't think he's fit, I don't think any of them are fit though but we're not going to go up without him. I don't think the others are good enough and we need Zohore. If he can get back to his form from 9 months ago, it might kick start our season. He started the season well, too.

I've watched us quite a bit away from home this season, and we've often been pretty average but we've managed to sneak a set piece or a breakaway goal. This has split over into our home form but we're not getting the breaks anymore. Gunnar is a massive miss in midfield, hence Paterson in there. Personally, I think we have more issues than Zohore, and the fact we're treating him like a back to goal, hold up man doesn't help in the slightest. He's never been that and he always struggles when he does that. In truth, if you take out our first 5 games, we've been pretty average since then. This has been coming and I don't think we have enough. I agree we've got to try things but I think it's too late.
    Agreed totally.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Wards a jobber compared to Zohore, hasn't got and ounce of his class.

I thought Zohore worked hard despite clearly not being match fit and having a constant stream of long balls lumped up to him when he wants it into feet.
    Ward has scored a goal every 146 minutes this season, Zohore 1 every 370. They both have 4 goals

Ward has scored a goal every 146 minutes this season, Zohore 1 every 370. They both have 4 goals
    Stats can tell you whatever you want.

I would like to see how many minutes Ward has had 2 defenders marking him compared to 1, against Zohore’s minutes.

Previously he’s been freeing up thay space for NML and JH to run into, as well as bringing an extra midfielder into play with his link up.

I like Ward, but Xohore suits our style so much better, when on form and fit.

Fair post.

We looked far more dangerous when Pilkington came on

I'm gutted Ward is out for the rest of the season, he was improving every game
    Spot on there. we have missed Ward big style.
    Spedger