+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fans reaction to yesterday

Fans reaction to yesterday

We were up against a squad that cost around 800m to put together. Some say the best team in the world. Their second string gk cost more than our entire squad.
    Man city have given many premiership teams an absolute hiding.
    Our fans reaction? Warnock is pilloried by some, claims that Zohore isn't up to it, bennett's challenge on Sane, etc etc. .
    In a post the other day about score predictions, the average prwdiction was around 0-3, wiith many hoping it wouldn't be a total embarrassment.
    Two victories would soon have fans changing their tune.

Re: Fans reaction to yesterday

I thought everyone did thier best. They are a superior talent than us , it must be tough managing that extra pace, anticipating there decesions and vision , coping with the thier slight of foot, and close ball control , having no time on the ball as they press throughout the game , keeping pace with thier fitness, dealing with fresh substitutions that are as good as the first eleven .

You did well City, be proud .

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    We were up against a squad that cost around 800m to put together. Some say the best team in the world. Their second string gk cost more than our entire squad.
    Man city have given many premiership teams an absolute hiding.
    Our fans reaction? Warnock is pilloried by some, claims that Zohore isn't up to it, bennett's challenge on Sane, etc etc. .
    In a post the other day about score predictions, the average prwdiction was around 0-3, wiith many hoping it wouldn't be a total embarrassment.
    Two victories would soon have fans changing their tune.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I thought everyone did thier best. They are a superior talent than us , it must be tough managing that extra pace, anticipating there decesions and vision , coping with the thier slight of foot, and close ball control , having no time on the ball as they press throughout the game , keeping pace with thier fitness, dealing with fresh substitutions that are as good as the first eleven .

You did well City, be proud .
    Agreed !

They knocked the ball around and made us look like a lower league side

I know it was a cup game and it sometimes can go either way, but not yesterday, it was always going to be a lesson in how good MC are, pepe put out his first side to win that game

Like a lot of people I was anticipating at least 4 goals conceded, so 0-2 and a 2nd half clean sheet will do me.

We've also got to remember that we've not been at our early season best for a while, so glad it's all over now and we really can get back to concentrating on the real prize of promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Like a lot of people I was anticipating at least 4 goals conceded, so 0-2 and a 2nd half clean sheet will do me.

We've also got to remember that we've not been at our early season best for a while, so glad it's all over now and we really can get back to concentrating on the real prize of promotion.
    i think we did well,from what i saw was that zohore has class and was not out of his depth,against some of the worlds top players,all i can say is watch this zohore space!!!!!

Pissed me off when the fans had a go at Zohore for not closing down when they were just popping it around him with ease. Clueless

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Pissed me off when the fans had a go at Zohore for not closing down when they were just popping it around him with ease. Clueless
    Agreee. At one point he was chasing down on his own and Kompany, Otamendi and Walker were just knocking it about like a training session. There's no point wasting energy doing that all game.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    There were points where he just turned his back on the Man City defence and didn't bother, which is why Patterson had a go at him

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    They knocked the ball around and made us look like a lower league side

I know it was a cup game and it sometimes can go either way, but not yesterday, it was always going to be a lesson in how good MC are, pepe put out his first side to win that game
    This. No shame in it really I suppose. But it wasn't fun to watch. Especially after how Bristol City played them.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    There were points where he just turned his back on the Man City defence and didn't bother, which is why Patterson had a go at him
    That's the way I saw it too.