+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is it only me...

Is it only me...

Who at the time of Sane's run and with us never likely to win the match anyway, when he set off from deep in his own half and looked likely to get a shot away, was thinking what a goal this would be? Quite a weird feeling but it would've been one of the best goals I've ever seen live.

Does that make me a terrible City fan

Although I also clapped Gabbiadini's for Northampton at NP along with thousands of others so if Sane had scored I reckon there would've been a similar reaction.

Re: Is it only me...

What if the thought emerged who the fek is going to bring him down?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    What if the thought emerged who the fek is going to bring him down?
    I saw two players tracking him but seemed a fair way away (the other was Morriston but Sane was goalside of him IIRC).

Would've been better had it been Phil Bennett and a little ankle tap, then we wouldn't now be tarnished as the world's most violent football team, EVER, in the Ingurlish press all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    I saw two players tracking him but seemed a fair way away (the other was Morriston but Sane was goalside of him IIRC).

Would've been better had it been Phil Bennett and a little ankle tap, then we wouldn't now be tarnished as the world's most violent football team, EVER, in the Ingurlish press all day.
    Yeh, somebody said to me at the time they thought he might have been subject to a Gabor Gypes type foul earlier. Not a nasty one like. Felt a bit of a **** though when he realised Sane had been badly injured.

Everyone around me in the Canton cheered the tackle. It really didn’t look all that bad at the time, although I half expected a red, and I think the crowd thought he was just taking one for the team hence the clap Bennet got.

My reactu9n was already lined up..

Shouting "for **** sake" loud enough to get disgusted looks in the family stand, 3 second delay, and clap.

Thank God for Joe Bennet and his attempted ankle tap.

Think it was Manga who was tracking him. Not 100% sure as he was very fast, but I thought he would have had the chance to get a challenge in as Sane was heading at an angle to the goal and would have had to change direction

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Think it was Manga who was tracking him. Not 100% sure as he was very fast, but I thought he would have had the chance to get a challenge in as Sane was heading at an angle to the goal and would have had to change direction
    it would've been Manga for sure, since Morrison doesn't mark SHIT 70% of most matches

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    it would've been Manga for sure, since Morrison doesn't mark SHIT 70% of most matches
    How could Morrison have marked Sane? His run started in his own half.

Yes it was Manga tracking, and I guess that’s why it was a yellow as Bennett wasn’t the last man (and the ref didn’t see the studs in the calf).

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    How could Morrison have marked Sane? His run started in his own half.

Yes it was Manga tracking, and I guess that’s why it was a yellow as Bennett wasn’t the last man (and the ref didn’t see the studs in the calf).
    Morrison should've been chief hotdog seller, atleast somebody would've noticed him in the stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Morrison should've been chief hotdog seller, atleast somebody would've noticed him in the stadium
    Given the opposition I thought Morisson played well yesterday.

if by well you mean he wasn't seen to make a mistake then I'll have to give you that

Morrison was our best player in the second half. That tackle on Sterling was excellent.
    I do wonder what drugs some fans are on at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Who at the time of Sane's run and with us never likely to win the match anyway, when he set off from deep in his own half and looked likely to get a shot away, was thinking what a goal this would be? Quite a weird feeling but it would've been one of the best goals I've ever seen live.

Does that make me a terrible City fan

Although I also clapped Gabbiadini's for Northampton at NP along with thousands of others so if Sane had scored I reckon there would've been a similar reaction.
    It was a great run to be fair. Also, the goal that wasn't given was a cracker too.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Morrison was our best player in the second half. That tackle on Sterling was excellent.
    I do wonder what drugs some fans are on at times.
    Dunno if it's true in this case, but it seems to me that many supporters form an opinion on a player based on what they see from them in their first few City matches and then stick to it come what may for all of the time he is a City player.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Dunno if it's true in this case, but it seems to me that many supporters form an opinion on a player based on what they see from them in their first few City matches and then stick to it come what may for all of the time he is a City player.
    He was our best player by some distance followed by Jazz Richards

Everyone around me in the Canton cheered the tackle. It really didn’t look all that bad at the time, although I half expected a red, and I think the crowd thought he was just taking one for the team hence the clap Bennet got.
    You're right. It looked a decent tackle from the Canton. Ultimately though, the highlights showed differently.

It was nice to see Joe get stuck in though, but he needs to be careful with his timing etc.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    He was our best player by some distance followed by Jazz Richards
    I echo that, his tackle on Sterling saved a certain goal when he rounded Etheridge. He was also one of the few that seemed comfortable on the ball as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    It was a great run to be fair. Also, the goal that wasn't given was a cracker too.
    Just like Zohore's at Sheff Wed.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I echo that, his tackle on Sterling saved a certain goal when he rounded Etheridge. He was also one of the few that seemed comfortable on the ball as well.
    Right in front of me more or less. Superb tackle..I was fearing the worst as he went in maybe a pen..but I should have known better and to trust our captain!!