+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Back in for Madine?

Back in for Madine?

Must say I can't get too enthusiastic about any of our reported striking targets.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/30...oltons-madine/

Re: Back in for Madine?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Must say I can't get too enthusiastic about any of our reported striking targets.

Nor me.

Lewis Grabban looks like the best bet but would be expensive - and I don't like anything Inread about his attitude. On top of that Eddie Howe has said there have not been any bids for any of his players, so who knows if there is anything in the rumours and ITK scoops?

Hopefully there is something going on behind the scenes for an unreported striking target.

If not we have to hope Ken gets his mojo and rader back in full working order and that Pilks, Healey and Boyle really step up. And if we really want some positivity, that Tomlin somehow transforms into the player he has the potential to be!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Nor me.

Lewis Grabban looks like the best bet but would be expensive - and I don't like anything Inread about his attitude. On top of that Eddie Howe has said there have not been any bids for any of his players, so who knows if there is anything in the rumours and ITK scoops?

Hopefully there is something going on behind the scenes for an unreported striking target.

If not we have to hope Ken gets his mojo and rader back in full working order and that Pilks, Healey and Boyle really step up. And if we really want some positivity, that Tomlin somehow transforms into the player he has the potential to be!
    Terry Boyle upfront

Nor me.

Lewis Grabban looks like the best bet but would be expensive - and I don't like anything I read about his attitude. On top of that Eddie Howe has said there have not been any bids for any of his players, so who knows if there is anything in the rumours and ITK scoops?

If not we have to hope Ken gets his mojo and rader back in full working order and that Pilks, Healey and Bogle really step up. And if we really want some positivity, that Tomlin somehow transforms into the player he has the potential to be!

Ha! Edit worked this time!

Bolton in for a replacement striker apparently, so could happen.

Going to cost us some ££ though!

Think we need to play a different way as well, we also have to consider being more direct via the middle perhaps using Yanic Wildschut. Pilk's , Healey,we could use Healey and Harris as different options and tactics , i think we have been found out and perhaps considered a bit one dimensional tactically.

The cup in some way has got in the way of bedding in the lads from Liverpool and Norwich ,they have been with us now for a few weeks and that has not been a normal run of the mill continuation of games IE Championship , I also feel the spotlight of TV puts undue pressure on players especially the younger and newer ones, who perhaps overstretch themselves into error , cant relax , added to that we have Patterson, Zohore and Lange not used to this spotlight /pressure of top 3 , all coming back from injury not and not quite in the groove yet .

There is a lot of stuff in play at the moment , and we need to bench that pushes the first 11

just spotted the comment below the article

"""" 6m is a lot of money and personally think it’d be great to get that sort of fee for Madine. But it all depends on what we can do with that money. In the end what really matters is not getting relegated. In that case the question we really need to look at is if Madine is key to us staying up or not. So far it sure feels like it. But if we can do without him and strengthen overall instead and still stay up it’d be worth selling. Also, considering the money we’ve received for players in the past I believe 6m would be a job very well done by the club. I could definitely be wrong but feel like Madine will never be worth more than he is right now. So if we get offered that "much", maybe just cash in and hope for the best?

Posted by PanicProne on Jan 30, 2018 | 1:47 PM

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Think we need to play a different way as well, we also have to consider being more direct via the middle perhaps using Yanic Wildschut. Pilk's , Healey,we could use Healey and Harris as different options and tactics , i think we have been found out and perhaps considered a bit one dimensional tactically.

The cup in some way has got in the way of bedding in the lads from Liverpool and Norwich ,they have been with us now for a few weeks and that has not been a normal run of the mill continuation of games IE Championship , I also feel the spotlight of TV puts undue pressure on players especially the younger and newer ones, who perhaps overstretch themselves into error , cant relax , added to that we have Patterson, Zohore and Lange not used to this spotlight /pressure of top 3 , all coming back from injury not and not quite in the groove yet .

There is a lot of stuff in play at the moment , and we need to bench that pushes the first 11
    How do any of us know how strong mentally any of our players are mate?

Wigan’s Griggs on fire looked unplayable against West Ham, certainly should have gone for him instead of Bogle? Hal Robson Kanu may be available on loan as WBA have just signed Sturbridge!

Given our situation, we have to get a striker in the door

I haven't seen much of him so not sure how he plays etc.. will be get us goals in the box? Score headers?

Brighton have signed 2 strikers, make a bid for Baldock or Hemed both know their way around the championship.

We paid reasonable money for Bogle and Tomlin yet neither play regularly, throw in Ward who made a limited impact prior to injury and we have had a poor return on the money invested.

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    We paid reasonable money for Bogle and Tomlin yet neither play regularly, throw in Ward who made a limited impact prior to injury and we have had a poor return on the money invested.
    Bogle is injured, Ward is injured and Tomlin has been a disappointment. Warnock has also signed Paterson, Damour, NML, Etheridge and Camp for free, or very little, so some perspective is needed. Also, we've not spent more than £1.5m on anyone, which is peanuts in today's market.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Bogle is injured, Ward is injured and Tomlin has been a disappointment. Warnock has also signed Paterson, Damour, NML, Etheridge and Camp for free, or very little, so some perspective is needed. Also, we've not spent more than £1.5m on anyone, which is peanuts in today's market.
    I had no idea Bogle is injured. He was on the bench on Sunday. Not sure how I missed that one. In which case, Zohore is probably the only recognised striker we have at present. Is Gounongbe still at the club?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I had no idea Bogle is injured. He was on the bench on Sunday. Not sure how I missed that one. In which case, Zohore is probably the only recognised striker we have at present. Is Gounongbe still at the club?
    Well, "injured" might be a bit strong but considering he's looked half decent and Warnock is saying Pilks is the 2nd best striker we have, I'm inferring he's injured. Connolly has been on the bench, as has Pilks at times this season, and there's no way they've been fit. Connolly didn't even warm up, he just stood there and chatted to the coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Guonongbe was injured again in December and out for 3/4 months. Healey is fit again and was looking useful as was Bogle. Warnock hasn't said Bogle is injured (he looks OK in the club training videos) but he seems to have slipped down the pecking order. That may be more to do with Pilks impressing than Bogle not.

Both strikers with a better goal to game ratio than Ken though...

How can you say that - we are third in the table !!!.

Brighton have signed 2 strikers, make a bid for Baldock or Hemed both know their way around the championship.
    Decent shout that, but he's only five foot seven, so it'll never happen.