+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Blighty Cafe being shutdown for being Churchill sympathisers

Re: The Blighty Cafe being shutdown for being Churchill sympathisers

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I am often baffled by what's threadworthy on ccmb and what isn't. A few nutters walking into some shit cafe in hipsterville and going on an am-dram rant about Churchill.

What exactly are we meant to discuss here?!

The protests of some snowflakes who may not realise what young soldiers went through did in the name of freedom motivated by a huge presence of a man who delivered freedom alongside a number of influencial leaders and countries . All a distant memory for some I guess whose mission is to eradicate historic people and events.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    What rubbish, they are one of the only sane outlets left, people don't tend to like having their hypocrisy pointed out though so I can see why some might not like them.
    Well that’s the beauty of this forum Mrs S R different views and all that , peroanally I find him a repugnant bullshitter who’s so anti establishment that he’s wrote for The sun and taken his shilling from Mr Murdoch 😃

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    There is nothing original about identifying a historical figure or event, then out of context making a case that he/she/it was caused by bigoted racist nationalism, and then after the fact generations later associate anybody with the flimsiest of connections of being the same, i.e. anybody having a cup of tea in a Churchill-themed cafe by definition must be a bigoted racist nationalist.
    I think you’ll find at the top of this thread that I said that Churchill had done some cuntish things but I alluded to not really seeing the point in disrupting some blokes business.

As you were 👍

I can't say I have spent much time there but every story I have ever seen on spiked has the same ending, 'Yeah they did something a bit bad but those guys complaining about it on twitter are the really bad ones which are ruining the world'.
    Ain’t that the truth (whilst Mr Anti establishment himself takes money from Rupert Murdoch 😃)

Step 1 - Identify event
    Step 2 - Remove context
    Step 3 - Make flimsy connection
    Step 4 - Talk rubbish

You are the gift that keeps on giving
    😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The protests of some snowflakes who may not realise what young soldiers went through did in the name of freedom motivated by a huge presence of a man who delivered freedom alongside a number of influencial leaders and countries . All a distant memory for some I guess whose mission is to eradicate historic people and events.
    Alternatively a few useful idiots pushing the agenda of George Soros and his cohorts, but unfortunately they come across as a bit of a joke as they lack the menace his more militant operatives.

Blog Entries

I can't say I have spent much time there but every story I have ever seen on spiked has the same ending, 'Yeah they did something a bit bad but those guys complaining about it on twitter are the really bad ones which are ruining the world'.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Well that’s the beauty of this forum Mrs S R different views and all that , peroanally I find him a repugnant bullshitter who’s so anti establishment that he’s wrote for The sun and taken his shilling from Mr Murdoch 
    What does he bullshit about? I've never read him in the Sun.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Churchill stood by as the red army massacred thousands of people of German descent at the end of world war two

He was guilty of a lot and is far from the Tommy gun toting hero people think he was

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Basically a bunch left wingy corbynistas think Churchill was a racist / colonialist etc - maybe he was maybe he wasnt, what we do know for sure is that he is DEAD.

But regardless of that - they decide to harass a fecking world war 2 themed cafe - because it represents Churchill.

On the upside - I guess the cafe is getting lots of free publicity, not sure if Jezza will be that welcome there anymore though

How fecking dare they - do they want them to change the name ?, take things off the menu ?, take all Churchill stuff out.

As per the thought Police are alive and well. I hope they purchased a coffee or piece of Winston Cake?
    He was a racist , a colonialist and stood by as Stalin and the red army carried out appalling crimes against ethnic Germans

https://crimesofbritain.com/2016/09/...ton-churchill/

Bloke was a complete **** , he was the right man at the right time to defeat Hitler but his legacy was a disgrace for those prepared to read about it

What does he bullshit about? I've never read him in the Sun.

After the London Bridge terrorist attack last year he got on his high horse and said Leftist politicians never call these attacks terrorist just incidents.
    When on the telly the day before Jeremy Corbyn was quite clearly calling them terrorist attacks. One example of his faux outrage at what he perceives to be establishment....
    Whilst conveniently writing for The ****ing Scum and it’s paymaster Mr Murdoch.

oh shut up you old tart, he may have been a c unt, but it is probably because he was a c unt is why he managed to somehow defeat hitler - with the help of the americans and the Polish pilots by the way x
    You ought to be more careful about sending kisses to sludge

Blog Entries

After the London Bridge terrorist attack last year he got on his high horse and said Leftist politicians never call these attacks terrorist just incidents.
    When on the telly the day before Jeremy Corbyn was quite clearly calling them terrorist attacks. One example of his faux outrage at what he perceives to be establishment....
    Whilst conveniently writing for The ****ing Scum and it’s paymaster Mr Murdoch.

You often mention Mr Murdoch, do you think other news outlets are not lying scum too?

You often mention Mr Murdoch, do you think other news outlets are not lying scum too?

But we’re (or I am) specifically talking O’Neil and the Sun here.
    (Well actually I Will admit the threadbhas digressed from its original story and I’m as guilty as that as anyone else)
    With that in mind Murdoch is the worst in my humble opinion. A truly detestable figure.

Getting back to the start of it all :-
    Alt Left wing students are demanding a cafe should A.B and C to their demands, basically tell people what to think, how to run the business, apologise etc (it's got F all to do with them how the cafe looks, what food it has etc) - fecking thought Police again.

Secondly - Thatcher sank the Belgrano (illegally), Tony Blair started an illegal war in Iraq. If there was New Labour Cafe or an Argy Bargy Thatcher kebab shop - would they storm into those places and demand the owner shuts down ?

I would like to see them go into a Mosque and demand the worshippers stop ISIS or pop into a Synagogue and demand Israel hands back land to the Palestinians - I doubt somehow they would do that.

Looking at that video - I cringe at the soppy, snowflake #meto mindset they have allowed themselves to become. As for the 'Leader' of the gang oh deary me.

ps - Sludge - I want to take back my 'x' on Eric's advice
    Argy Bargy do awesome kebabs via Just Eat 😃

And yes I do find it a bit cringey bursting into a Cafe like that.
    As I said let it be for Christ sakes...

Blog Entries

Getting back to the start of it all :-
    Alt Left wing students are demanding a cafe should A.B and C to their demands, basically tell people what to think, how to run the business, apologise etc (it's got F all to do with them how the cafe looks, what food it has etc) - fecking thought Police again.

Secondly - Thatcher sank the Belgrano (illegally), Tony Blair started an illegal war in Iraq. If there was New Labour Cafe or an Argy Bargy Thatcher kebab shop - would they storm into those places and demand the owner shuts down ?

I would like to see them go into a Mosque and demand the worshippers stop ISIS or pop into a Synagogue and demand Israel hands back land to the Palestinians - I doubt somehow they would do that.

Looking at that video - I cringe at the soppy, snowflake #meto mindset they have allowed themselves to become. As for the 'Leader' of the gang oh deary me.

ps - Sludge - I want to take back my 'x' on Eric's advice
    I just watched that vid, to be fair it's pretty painful

Would have been nice if they had barged into that café to find it full of rabid Millwall fans.

But we’re (or I am) specifically talking O’Neil and the Sun here.
    (Well actually I Will admit the threadbhas digressed from its original story and I’m as guilty as that as anyone else)
    With that in mind Murdoch is the worst in my humble opinion. A truly detestable figure.
    I've noticed everything you don't agree with is detestable

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I've noticed everything you don't agree with is detestable
    I’m a passionate half Cardiff Half Irish man what can you expect?😃
    No Murdoch is one of my top 5 hates WB and I’ve been consistent over the years intruky despising him, Paul Dacre too.

An example of someone who I disagree with a lot of their views yet find them quite interesting is Max hastings. He’s a good historian in my opinion even though we probably wouldn’t vote for the same political
    party.

Hope this helps 👍

Perhaps the answer is for this bunch of idiots and the White Pendragons to each open a cafe and take it in turns to storm each others' premises leaving the rest of London to go about their business in peace.

I reckon history has been kind to Churchill and I'd certainly class myself as left of centre, but I don't think I'll be joining in with any protests about cafes in his honour - load of fuss about nothing in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I reckon history has been kind to Churchill and I'd certainly class myself as left of centre, but I don't think I'll be joining in with any protests about cafes in his honour - load of fuss about nothing in my opinion.
    TOBW the voice of reason again. My final word on this subject is that Churchill was most certainly the man 1940-1945 and in fairness he was constantly warning about the Nazis during the years of appeasement.

I admire immensely his resolve during this period (backed up by a great deputy in Atlee by the way) and he knew there was no negotiating with Hitler.

My admiration for him during this period doesn’t mean you can’t focus on his wrongdoings ie Gallipoli, his attitude to Ghandi etc but to disturb a local business for the sake of some cheap publicity is very cringeworthy.

Funny thing is though I bet there’s been an increase in custom since this incident. I’m half tempted to go there next time I’m in London
    the menu looks quite good 😃