+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swansea currently out of bottom 3

Swansea currently out of bottom 3

Carlos Carvalhal has really turned them around. They're being Arsenal 2-1 at the moment.

Re: Swansea currently out of bottom 3

**** off

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    **** off
    3-1 now. Arsenal are awful.

What the ****ing **** is going on? First Liverpool, now Arsenal. I despair.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Eric had some good stats (for once) about what Swansea needed from their remaining games. It looked impossible, and he made the fair assumption that Swansea would get nothing against Arsenal and Liverpool (from memory). But, they've got 6 points. They are still in the cup, and have a decent tie against Wednesday if they can beat Notts County. Sacking managers is working for them, which is a huge shame because the owners now feel justified.

Well what do you expect when their goalkeeper does this!

https://twitter.com/mrfootytips/stat...46666482442241

Have you ever seen such a cock up. They are lucky Jack bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Terrible innit ��image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post

Like the Yanks and the Probus Monkey all of a sudden then?

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    Yey USA USA USA

I thought you were all looking forward to going down to get your club back!

Bull shit

The great fight back is on , I tell you what , put a tenner on them getting into Europe

jbadge.jpg

Prefer this one. I used to have the original, I forget who designed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Eric had some good stats (for once) about what Swansea needed from their remaining games. It looked impossible, and he made the fair assumption that Swansea would get nothing against Arsenal and Liverpool (from memory). But, they've got 6 points. They are still in the cup, and have a decent tie against Wednesday if they can beat Notts County. Sacking managers is working for them, which is a huge shame because the owners now feel justified.
    No doubts those wins are huge for them. That's 6 points they perhaps wouldn't have expected.

I will make one comment, however. They were crap at Notts County. They were second best at Newcastle. They were very fortunate to have got past Wolves. They were woeful at Watford until the last few minutes. It seems like the old Swansea City has resurfaced. The one that is inspired when it plays the big teams yet can't be arsed against lower opposition. They played a Liverpool side that, having beaten Man City, just thought they needed to turn up. Like Arsenal tonight, Liverpool have had some crap results away from home. Maybe there isn't so much of a shock that they've won both games.

I predicted a need for 2 points a game average against teams outside the bottom 6 if they lost all their games to teams in the top 6. Now there's a need for 14 points from those 10 games instead of 20. That's significantly better for them. Now all they have to do is transfer their performances against Liverpool and Arsenal when they play teams in and around them. History suggests that could be where they struggle.

As I said on another thread the advantage the JB's have is that they are used to a relegation battle. So many teams are now in it that they must, unfortunately, have a fighting chance of getting up the table.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    As I said on another thread the advantage the JB's have is that they are used to a relegation battle. So many teams are now in it that they must, unfortunately, have a fighting chance of getting up the table.
    Sunderland were used to it as well.

I hope they stay in the Premiership and we join them and that Newport and Wrexham also get promotion. I want ALL Welsh teams to do well unlike most on here!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Sunderland were used to it as well.
    Quite true, there does come a time, but I am not sure that this will be the year for the JB's. So many other piss poor sides down with them and the teams promoted last year all heading downwards.