+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gary Madine Bid Reported As Being Accepted On Twitter

Re: Gary Madine Bid Reported As Being Accepted On Twitter

I wonder how many venting their spleen have seen him play and how many times?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Excuse me but where exactly where were we before he came in ?. If it hadnt been for him we would be languishing in division one now. Our net spend last summer was £1.5m. How much did Wolves, Villa, Derby, Middlesborough and Leeds spend ?. He has performed miracles and we are currently 4th in Championship with a game in hand, whereas most people were predicting a mid table finish at best. The only signing that hasn't performed is Tomlin, for reasons beyond NW's control. What about Bamba, NML, Patterson, Damour, Etheridge and Hoilett ?. Your post is absolute *******s, as is the one before it.
    I said Warnock has been great, but that doesn’t mean we have to be 100% positive about everything. What’s wrong with an actual discussion?

Nothing I’ve said is even that harsh, he isn’t a manager with a long term plan. And if we sign Madine, our two biggest transfers will be him and Tomlin! Absolute wastes of money.

He's signed according to Wikipedia reports Wales Online

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Mendez Laing and Damour are debatable. Good start but done nothing for months.
    NML certainly has the talent but I think he's got the lowest confidence I've seen in a player. Either way, he was on a free and on low wages, as was Damour. It's alright, we can always play Halford up top.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I said Warnock has been great, but that doesn’t mean we have to be 100% positive about everything. What’s wrong with an actual discussion?

Nothing I’ve said is even that harsh, he isn’t a manager with a long term plan. And if we sign Madine, our two biggest transfers will be him and Tomlin! Absolute wastes of money.
    Or Warnock could just be trying to get players that fits our budget, we are never going to compete with the likes of Villa, Wolves , Derby or Boro for top players as they will just outbid us. This monthhas been drawn out which seems to me players are holding on for the best offers.

Almost sounds like we are signing a talented South American player. I wonder if he is named after Lineker also.

He sounds a beauty...

Madine has been convicted of several assaults. In November 2010 he was found guilty of causing actual bodily harm after attacking a man in a pub and sentenced to community service involving 250 hours of unpaid work. He was also ordered to pay £1,500 compensation to his victim and £1,800 in costs.[67] In October 2013 he was jailed for 18 months after being found guilty of causing actual bodily harm and grievous bodily harm in two separate attacks.[68] Madine was released from jail on 20 February 2014 after serving 5 months of his 18-month sentence

Quote Originally Posted by old blue View Post
    Or Warnock could just be trying to get players that fits our budget, we are never going to compete with the likes of Villa, Wolves , Derby or Boro for top players as they will just outbid us. This monthhas been drawn out which seems to me players are holding on for the best offers.
    If we are trying to get players who fit our budget why are we paying high fees for players sitting on the bench and average strikers for millions?

Gotta smile at this board, I think 90% we're rating Zohore in excess of £10million at the start of the season ... wouldn't fetch £2m on current form!

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    You have to question Warnock's use of funds. Tomlin was the marquee signing in the summer. Ward cost a million. Now £6m for a goal scoring record that isn't great, and a previous history that would make any sane employer think twice.

I'd be worried.
    I'm worried for anyone who is just blindly accepting it's 6 million to be honest.

Not the most inspiring of signings, but for 2 million could be shrewd business as he offers something we lack up top...scores headers and goals in the box..
    With wingers he could be a useful addition...probably not the level of striker the fans want but his actual playstyle may be what we need..after all we have been found out.

Just looked up his stats - how many of his goals from open play as he takes spot kicks?

He has 7 yellows this season in 29 games - that is shocking.

He has had a stack of previous clubs - indicating he has fallen out with his employers possibly?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

No - Caulker & Cornelius were an absolute waste of money at a combined £20m. Warnock has only spent a total of £5m so far on about 10 players with a net spend of £1.5m, so he is an absolute miser actually.

There’s a lot less in the pot these days, the Tomlin fee was a huge waste however you want to spin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    Just looked up his stats - how many of his goals from open play as he takes spot kicks?

He has had a stack of previous clubs - indicating he has fallen out with his employers possibly?
    8 from open play

There’s going to be an awful lot of egg on face if Madine does the business for us.
    That’s the thing isn’t it, when a signing is written off before he’s even been pictured with the scarf. If it ends up not working out then they can say I told you so, if he ends up don’t well, everyone’s happy and forgets all about it.

not in the know but been told wont happen over to you Mike

not in the know club but been told wont happen over to you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    There’s going to be an awful lot of egg on face if Madine does the business for us.
    That’s the thing isn’t it, when a signing is written off before he’s even been pictured with the scarf. If it ends up not working out then they can say I told you so, if he ends up don’t well, everyone’s happy and forgets all about it.
    And you’ll be eating scrambled egg off your face for a week Shitpeas is it’s confirmed the few is 6m

And you’ll be eating scrambled egg off your face for a week Shitpeas is it’s confirmed the few is 6m
    You'll all be silly if the deal doesn't happen...

What?
    Not hard really, was it an approach to get Grabban to make his mind up as he seemed to be waiting for the 'best' offer - clearly not by the looks of things.

Don’t think I’ll need it but I’ll have my fork ready in case

Don’t think I’ll need it but I’ll have my fork ready in case
    It'll be undisclosed, leaked through the Bolton press to be up to £6m, which will include a load of add on's and a signing bonus.

I hope it ends up being £6m as he will have scored another 15 goals this season and we'd be in the top tier next season!!

There is no way on this planet we are paying £6m for him and I wouldn't use the local newspapers as a guide either. Bristol Post, still claim we spent £3m on Tomlin!

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post

You can get a yellow for being too strong these days...