+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gary Madine Bid Reported As Being Accepted On Twitter

Gary Madine Bid Reported As Being Accepted On Twitter

On a number of CCFC Fans twitter that its apparently been accepted

Re: Gary Madine Bid Reported As Being Accepted On Twitter

Come from one source that is not verified so do not take it as gospel.
    Very underwhelmed, like other City fans. Only good thing is we play Bolton in a couple of weeks and he is bound to score if he does sign.

Could do well for us. Not so grainy YouTube footage shows him scoring the type of goals that Zohore doesn’t. And he can head the bloody ball!! He’ll do for me.

**** sake. Goodnight.

Bid thought to be worth up to £6m!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    **** sake. Goodnight.
    Sorry mate, we couldn't get the Messi deal over the line in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    What about FFP?

Didn't score many goals towards the end of 2014.

Hope he gets on with Tomlin.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Midget View Post
    Didn't score many goals towards the end of 2014.

Hope he gets on with Tomlin.....
    10 goals in 88 Championship appearances in his career. £6m doesn't get you a lot these days.

yes a lot of outlets reporting it probably the same source ,gosh hope we go this right ,seems we had no where else to turn though ,if we wanted a striker in :

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Foo...p/Cardiff+City

Cardiff City have agreed a fee rising to £6million for Bolton Wanderers striker Gary Madine, HITC Sport understands.

Cardiff have been chasing Madine throughout this month's transfer window and saw their opening two bids rejected by Bolton.

However, with the transfer window set to close on Wednesday Cardiff have come back with an improved offer which could rise to £6million and Bolton have reluctantly accepted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    The final £4 million is due when we win the Champions League.

What a ****ing disgraceful misuse of funds if this is true. This is peak Cardiff City. Just don't ****ing bother if no one realistic is available. His goalscoring record, or inherent severe lack of, is laughable. We've already got one striker who can hold up the ball and not score, why exactly do we need two? ****ing laughable, Warnock has got desperate here.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    What a ****ing disgraceful misuse of funds if this is true. This is peak Cardiff City. Just don't ****ing bother if no one realistic is available. His goalscoring record, or inherent severe lack of, is laughable. We've already got one striker who can hold up the ball and not score, why exactly do we need two? ****ing laughable, Warnock has got desperate here.
    I take it you’re not happy about this one then?

We wouldn't be paying anywhere near £6m if this happened!! A chunk would be based on promotion and a chunk on goals, even then I'm not convinced we would be paying a final fee of anywhere near £6m!

Our initial bid was for less than a quarter of the £6m mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Sorry mate, we couldn't get the Messi deal over the line in time.
    I don’t expect Messi mate but 6m for Gary Madine?!?! He’s no better than what we’ve got in reserve.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    We wouldn't be paying anywhere near £6m if this happened!! A chunk would be based on promotion and a chunk on goals, even then I'm not convinced we would be paying a final fee of anywhere near £6m!

Our initial bid was for less than a quarter of the £6m mentioned.
    Desperation stage now though. I’d rather go with what we’ve got.

I don’t expect Messi mate but 6m for Gary Madine?!?! He’s no better than what we’ve got in reserve.
    He's scored more goals this season than any of our strikers.

I'm inclined to agree. Even if he performs well for us I think we need more than just him through the door.
    If he's the right man for another season in the championship then maybe but it's a fair outlay.
    I just hope it's not a desperation signing just because we need someone in but one thing looks certain, if we don't sign anyone, we ain't going nowhere.

We would go with what we've got, rather than spend £6m on Gary Madine.

Remember when everyone was saying the Tomlin fee was in excess of £3.5m!! It's just pure paper talk.

If this does happen, (I was still under the impression there were multiple targets yesterday evening and usual things were being prepped for all targets) then a fee will be banded about by BWFC to appease their supporters. We've not got £6m to spend on anyone.

Are we trying to flush out Grabban?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    Are we trying to flush out Grabban?
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Have faith in Warnock! In Neil we trust. IF we do sign Madine, and his goals keep us in the top 6, then we will all be happy

Surely not £6m for Madine, when I heard supposedly a bid had been accepted I was thinking £2m to £2.5m - (on the basis that we are supposed to have had a risen bid of £1.5m turned down earlier).

I see some people may not welcome Madine as being any good - to me I think he'd be a welcome addition - looks to me in the Peter Thorne mould and may quite well be a good fit for his hat if he tried it on. I think he'd get a healthy amount of goals sharing the front line ideally with another striker who instead would be getting the lions share of the goals. As we look, not lop sided, but bottom heavy in terms of being a team of midfielders as I see it the team is crying out for a credible front line as a focal point to make it feel like a real team with equilibrium. With proper strikers brimming with danger for the opposition, we'd have something we haven't had since before Slade - a team not just relying on one sole striker with a lot on his shoulders, or a midfielder put up front trying his best to be a striker. Would pay off in how the fanbase feels about the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Have faith in Warnock! In Neil we trust. IF we do sign Madine, and his goals keep us in the top 6, then we will all be happy
    Agree. We often find people writing off signings before they’ve kicked a ball nowadays. Goal scoring strikers are notoriously hard to come by in January. He’s got ten so far this season, if he gets another ten it will have been money well spent. Give the lad a chance. Also I suspect the £6m is bullshit.