Surely not £6m for Madine, when I heard supposedly a bid had been accepted I was thinking £2m to £2.5m - (on the basis that we are supposed to have had a risen bid of £1.5m turned down earlier).

I see some people may not welcome Madine as being any good - to me I think he'd be a welcome addition - looks to me in the Peter Thorne mould and may quite well be a good fit for his hat if he tried it on. I think he'd get a healthy amount of goals sharing the front line ideally with another striker who instead would be getting the lions share of the goals. As we look, not lop sided, but bottom heavy in terms of being a team of midfielders as I see it the team is crying out for a credible front line as a focal point to make it feel like a real team with equilibrium. With proper strikers brimming with danger for the opposition, we'd have something we haven't had since before Slade - a team not just relying on one sole striker with a lot on his shoulders, or a midfielder put up front trying his best to be a striker. Would pay off in how the fanbase feels about the club.