+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gary Madine Bid Reported As Being Accepted On Twitter

Re: Gary Madine Bid Reported As Being Accepted On Twitter

£6m got to be rubbish we would’ve got Grabban for that, even less I’d say with enough to pay his wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Agree. We often find people writing off signings before they’ve kicked a ball nowadays. Goal scoring strikers are notoriously hard to come by in January. He’s got ten so far this season, if he gets another ten it will have been money well spent. Give the lad a chance. Also I suspect the £6m is bullshit.
    600K per goal it's obscene..... but I agree it could well be money well spent, provided he doesn't score them all in two games

The 6m is a load of shite. A lot of it would be add ons .
    Bolton fans have to be kept happy.

I'd prefer Corn Dog back

In our promotion year we got fraizer campbell in the winter and that pushed us on. Will this do the same?. Hmmm. Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    He's scored more goals this season than any of our strikers.
    Oh well done. At the age of 27 he finally manages a season where he gets into double figures in the league to add to his usual 9,8,6,4,2 that he gets in previous seasons.

Hes also played a lot more games than all of our strikers, and he takes the pens, something he wont do here if Joe Ralls is on the pitch.

It will be an uninspiring signing no matter what positive spin the "In Warnock We Trust" gang put on it.

So, what are some people on here going to do - boo him when he comes on for his home debut ?. He is big/strong and good in the air. He has also improved greatly in the last two years. Just what we need to take the pressure off Zohore.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So, what are some people on here going to do - boo him when he comes on for his home debut ?. He is big/strong and good in the air. He has also improved greatly in the last two years. Just what we need to take the pressure off Zohore.
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Madine

“Cardiff City’s latest bad boy striker”

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Desperation stage now though. I’d rather go with what we’ve got.
    You have to question Warnock's use of funds. Tomlin was the marquee signing in the summer. Ward cost a million. Now £6m for a goal scoring record that isn't great, and a previous history that would make any sane employer think twice.

I'd be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    You have to question Warnock's use of funds. Tomlin was the marquee signing in the summer. Ward cost a million. Now £6m for a goal scoring record that isn't great, and a previous history that would make any sane employer think twice.

I'd be worried.
    I agree, Warnock has been great but his transfers have shown he may be a bit past it and not a manager with a long term vision at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I agree, Warnock has been great but his transfers have shown he may be a bit past it and not a manager with a long term vision at all.
    What about Hoilett, Bamba, Etheridge, Mendez-Laing, Paterson and Damour? I'd say they've all turned out OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Excuse me but where exactly where were we before he came in ?. If it hadnt been for him we would be languishing in division one now. Our net spend last summer was £1.5m. How much did Wolves, Villa, Derby, Middlesborough and Leeds spend ?. He has performed miracles and we are currently 4th in Championship with a game in hand, whereas most people were predicting a mid table finish at best. The only signing that hasn't performed is Tomlin, for reasons beyond NW's control. What about Bamba, NML, Patterson, Damour, Etheridge and Hoilett ?. Your post is absolute *******s, as is the one before it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    What about Hoilett, Bamba, Etheridge, Mendez-Laing, Paterson and Damour? I'd say they've all turned out OK.
    Warnock is being compared to Dai the Chapel builder.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Warnock is being compared to Dai the Chapel builder.
    Ward is injured, which is clearly Warnock's fault. Tomlin is Tomlin, but he's not the first and won't be the last manager to take a chance of someone like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post

I'd be worried.
    There's no way in hell we paid £6 million.

In fairness Camp, Halford, Feeney, Bryson are not top end championship players. Bogle has fallen down the pecking order and Laing now looks like a division one player.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    There's no way in hell we paid £6 million.
    I sense a few people here are sharpening their knives for NW. Thankfully, the general opinion here is a million miles from the average city fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Mendez Laing and Damour are debatable. Good start but done nothing for months.

Oh well done. At the age of 27 he finally manages a season where he gets into double figures in the league to add to his usual 9,8,6,4,2 that he gets in previous seasons.

Hes also played a lot more games than all of our strikers, and he takes the pens, something he wont do here if Joe Ralls is on the pitch.

It will be an uninspiring signing no matter what positive spin the "In Warnock We Trust" gang put on it.
    You should add to the equasion that tally is in a struggling Bolton side.

Apparently in a promotion season Bolton didn't win a game when Madine didn't play 16/17 and won the vast majority when he did play, so his effect to their side is apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    In fairness Camp, Halford, Feeney, Bryson are not top end championship players. Bogle has fallen down the pecking order and Laing now looks like a division one player.
    Camp has been injured all season so far, Halford was signed as a stop gap utility player for cover and is playing rarely, Bryson is injured but was a top level championship player in previous seasons, Bogle has been injured and is only just coming back to full fitness etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    You should add to the equasion that tally is in a struggling Bolton side.

Apparently in a promotion season Bolton didn't win a game when Madine didn't play 16/17 and won the vast majority when he did play, so his effect to their side is apparent.
    Promotion from league 1. Big deal. Alex Revell was effective in getting Rotherham out of League 1. Hes shit too.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Camp has been injured all season so far, Halford was signed as a stop gap utility player for cover and is playing rarely, Bryson is injured but was a top level championship player in previous seasons, Bogle has been injured and is only just coming back to full fitness etc etc.
    An ointment for every sore

Mendez Laing and Damour are debatable. Good start but done nothing for months.
    Damour is an interesting one. Earlier in the season he looked decent technically and seemed to have a good touch and game awareness whereas now he just "runs around".

It does make me wonder what instruction he's under. Ralls is our only midfielder that looks anything near "comfortable" on the ball during the last two months.

Another issue maybe burn out. We obviously worked extremely hard during pre season and looked far fitter than our opposition early doors but this may have caught up with us as the season has gone on.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Damour is an interesting one. Earlier in the season he looked decent technically and seemed to have a good touch and game awareness whereas now he just "runs around".

It does make me wonder what instruction he's under. Ralls is our only midfielder that looks anything near "comfortable" on the ball during the last two months.

Another issue maybe burn out. We obviously worked extremely hard during pre season and looked far fitter than our opposition early doors but this may have caught up with us as the season has gone on.
    Nevermind mate. Gary Madine to the rescue. Someone who can put away all these chances we are creating using our overlapping fullbacks, and wingers getting to the byline and crossing. Were not a long ball team after all. Just need someone to finish all this creativity.

Nevermind mate. Gary Madine to the rescue. Someone who can put away all these chances we are creating using our overlapping fullbacks, and wingers getting to the byline and crossing. Were not a long ball team after all. Just need someone to finish all this creativity.
    Hard to say this, but agree with what you’ve posted in this thread.