+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD

Re: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    There is a lot of negativity about at the moment but I’m not too down about the window.

Wildschut and Grujic will hopefully be important starters and make an impact as they find their feet. I would have preferred Grabban to Madine but (despite his thuggish past) I think Madine will fit into the squad better. He is not a bad option after his form in the last 18 months. What went before is not really relevant.

The loans out all make sense - and all will be back in the summer.

I am bothered by our weakness in midfield - even with Grujic, and with Paterson filling in. Unless Gunnar and Bryson are back soon that will be our Achilles heel.

The main problems we have for the run in are getting Ken and NML back firing as they can but haven’t recently, and closing the door again at the back (and I’m much more confident of that now Mozzer is back).

We were never going to sort those things through waving a chequebook in the Transfer Window. That is all down to the coaches and the players - and the early signs are that we are getting back, but aren’t there yet.
    That's the issue for me though Jon. If we had no money then fair enough but whatever the fee we paid for Madine it seems like a substantial amount.

I would have loved to have seen us add some good footballers if we were gonna shelve out that sort of cash. Kasey Palmer being a good example.

The lad Forrester at Peterborough is another example. Surely there are bargains in the lower divisions and players who can pass the ball and have that bit of guile that we are clearly missing.

Ward would have been great 5 years ago but sometimes I think Warnock is stuck in a time warp where he thinks players don't age.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    That's the issue for me though Jon. If we had no money then fair enough but whatever the fee we paid for Madine it seems like a substantial amount.

I would have loved to have seen us add some good footballers if we were gonna shelve out that sort of cash. Kasey Palmer being a good example.

The lad Forrester at Peterborough is another example. Surely there are bargains in the lower divisions and players who can pass the ball and have that bit of guile that we are clearly missing.

Ward would have been great 5 years ago but sometimes I think Warnock is stuck in a time warp where he thinks players don't age.
    Feeney, Madine and Ward signed for a team thats going from promotion to the Premier League. Laughable. Should have saved our money and stuck with what weve got.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

I know what you mean but buying players from Peterborough etc aren't cheap! Also, I know Forrester was really highly rated at one point but I'm not sure he's even a regular for Posh now. Palmer would have been good but I don't think he's have chosen us over Derby but we'll never know. I am hoping and praying we didn't spend the money we did on Madine and while I'm not exactly excited he's here, Bolton fans are so upset he's gone that's a silver lining at least.