+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD

Re: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD

@NFFC: ✍️ #NFFC are delighted to announce the signing of @Leetomlin10 on loan from @CardiffCityFC, with Jamie Ward moving in the opposite direction.

➡️*https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/n...-in-swap-deal/ https://twitter.com/NFFC/status/9588...709440/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    @NFFC: ✍️ #NFFC are delighted to announce the signing of @Leetomlin10 on loan from @CardiffCityFC, with Jamie Ward moving in the opposite direction.

➡️*https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/n...-in-swap-deal/ https://twitter.com/NFFC/status/9588...709440/photo/1
    Gutted with This. FFS

Disappointed think we really should've got another midfielder in

Please let there be another one after the Ward signing!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Gutted with This. FFS
    Can't remember what I have or haven't posted. Tomlin keen to go back to where he lives due to circumstances and was keen on this move, at least in the short term.

NW didn't expect his involvement to increase much over next couple of months so agreed to deal.

If it makes anyone feel better just put a cardboard cutout of Tomlin near the bench and essentially it will be the same thing.

Rob Phillips suggesting still could be another. .

Can't remember what I have or haven't posted. Tomlin keen to go back to where he lives due to circumstances and was keen on this move, at least in the short term.

NW didn't expect his involvement to increase much over next couple of months so agreed to deal.
    There's obviously been issues but I enjoy watching footballers who can do more than run and tackle. Only Hoillet left now, oh well

Rob Phillips suggesting still could be another. .
    Just seen that.
    Maybe one more? Couldn’t even guess at a name.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Just seen that.
    Maybe one more? Couldn’t even guess at a name.
    Gareth Bale

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    There's obviously been issues but I enjoy watching footballers who can do more than run and tackle. Only Hoillet left now, oh well
    We've got Halford still. Don't worry.

I was delighted when we signed Tomlin but it really hasn't worked out. Pilks and Hoilett our two best footballers. After those two, God knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We've got Halford still. Don't worry.

I was delighted when we signed Tomlin but it really hasn't worked out. Pilks and Hoilett our two best footballers. After those two, God knows.
    I'd say Grujic is good technically, just needs to find his feet and get match fit.

Jacks have signed Andy King on loan, we could have had him

If Bogle stays we’ve now got four strikers and Pilks. Plus the two midfielders. Not a bad bit of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    If Bogle stays we’ve now got four strikers and Pilks. Plus the two midfielders. Not a bad bit of business.
    I think the Wildschut and Grujic signings are the key ones this window. I'm looking forward to seeing them settle in a bit more as they bring the ability to play through our opponents on the ground.

Will be interesting to see how we line up against Leeds and if Zohore gets dropped in favour of Madine. The first choice front line and midfield could be really exciting if it gels:

Grujic

Ralls Paterson

Hoillett KZ/GM Wildschut

At least we've now got options to freshen things up, even if Madine is not getting anyone's pulse racing at the moment

Rob Phillips hinted at another signing, any ideas?

We've got a heavy run of games coming up. I worry that we are thin in midfield with injuries etc. Hopefully Bryson not far off.

Mitrovic gone to Fulham, they’re looking very dangerous at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Mitrovic gone to Fulham, they’re looking very dangerous at the moment.

Yes and Besic to Boro. This next few months are gonna end in tears I fear.

Bogle loan to Peterborough confirmed.

Camp on loan to Sunderland confirmed

Well at least we won’t have the added expense of the playoffs

Are Ben Wilson and Ibrahim Meite back at the club after their loans in the first half of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Are Ben Wilson and Ibrahim Meite back at the club after their loans in the first half of the season?
    Yes

There is a lot of negativity about at the moment but I’m not too down about the window.

Wildschut and Grujic will hopefully be important starters and make an impact as they find their feet. I would have preferred Grabban to Madine but (despite his thuggish past) I think Madine will fit into the squad better. He is not a bad option after his form in the last 18 months. What went before is not really relevant.

The loans out all make sense - and all will be back in the summer.

I am bothered by our weakness in midfield - even with Grujic, and with Paterson filling in. Unless Gunnar and Bryson are back soon that will be our Achilles heel.

The main problems we have for the run in are getting Ken and NML back firing as they can but haven’t recently, and closing the door again at the back (and I’m much more confident of that now Mozzer is back).

We were never going to sort those things through waving a chequebook in the Transfer Window. That is all down to the coaches and the players - and the early signs are that we are getting back, but aren’t there yet.