+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TOMLIN TO FOREST

Re: TOMLIN TO FOREST

Warnock said on the channel 5 football show after on the show week before they said it was nearly 3m so he wrote in to point it out

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    1). Tomlin only cost £1.6m.
    2). The deals with Tomlin and Ward are loans, so no transfer fees are involved and no money wasted.
    3). Ward is match fit whereas Tomlin isnt and needs a run of games, which he will get at Forest but not competing against us. He will come back to us in the summer raring to go.
    4). Warnock is the best manager we have had in years.
    5). How do you know the Madine fee is £6m - its undisclosed, so unless you know someone in authority at City, I wouldn't rely on the media.
    6). City have only spent a net figure of around £5m since Warnock came in, on about 12 players - hardly big spending charlies are we.

There you are - you can stop panicking now, all your points have been disproved.
    No money wasted? What about the initial transfer fees? By all accounts we paid at least £2.5m for Tomlin and Bogle, two of only three players we paid cash for over the summer. That is money wasted as they're no longer at the club to help us with the promotion push. We've also had to spend at least another £2m on bringing in another striker.

Another post on here said Tomlin wanted to be closer to home due to current circumstances. Not sure if that's referring to the aftermath of his court case or not, but if it is then we knew he had issues about moving home when we was at Bristol. We surely also knew there was a court case pending. And why isn't he match fit? He's been with us all season but not been deemed good enough to be in the team. I'm gutted he's gone to Forest, absolutely gutted. Just says to me that Warnock got it wrong.

The Bogle transfer is just as strange as he's gone to a team that isn't even in the League One play-offs. It tells me his level is League One, especially if the likes of Sunderland (who were after Nuhui!), Burton and Bolton even (swap?) didn't come in for him?

1). Tomlin only cost £1.6m.
    2). The deals with Tomlin and Ward are loans, so no transfer fees are involved and no money wasted.
    3). Ward is match fit whereas Tomlin isnt and needs a run of games, which he will get at Forest but not competing against us. He will come back to us in the summer raring to go.
    4). Warnock is the best manager we have had in years.
    5). How do you know the Madine fee is £6m - its undisclosed, so unless you know someone in authority at City, I wouldn't rely on the media.
    6). City have only spent a net figure of around £5m since Warnock came in, on about 12 players - hardly big spending charlies are we.

There you are - you can stop panicking now, all your points have been disproved.
    You are deluded as ****

Getting rid of Tomlin is criminal.
    He at least looked like he knew what to do with the ball to win games, every game he played in he had a great positive influence.
    Warnock obviously doesn't like him hence he has been ejected. Shocking decision.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Spot on ,there's no pleasing some folk, what were we supposed to do sign no one ,Warnock has at least freshened it up with good lads in from Norwich and Liverpool ,
    Who look decent .

Ward is a worker .

Madine is a goal scorer ,big bruiser ,won't suffer fools in the box ,I think he will be a hit ,and knows how to punch his weight ,always thought we were too nice up front anyway .
    Bring back Alex Revell , one of the hardest working players I ever saw. Also one of the worst in recent history.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    He at least looked like he knew what to do with the ball to win games, every game he played in he had a great positive influence.
    Warnock obviously doesn't like him hence he has been ejected. Shocking decision.
    Not if he gets games and comes back fit.

Another way to look at it.

Bring back Alex Revell , one of the hardest working players I ever saw. Also one of the worst in recent history.
    With Pilkington emerging once again I don't see ward getting any games.

If he does and has a positive influence then no loss.

And we gain back a fit Tomlin..

I think that's the last we'll see of Tomlin in a City shirt. Why can Forest get him fit and we can't? The only way to get fit is to play. Warnock obviously doesn't fancy him after seeing him up close.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    With Pilkington emerging once again I don't see ward getting any games.

If he does and has a positive influence then no loss.

And we gain back a fit Tomlin..
    People are forgetting about Pilks, he’s a nuisance for defences and could prove to be a good partner for Madine.

Warnock always goes on about he has had seven promotions but never mentions his four relegations or his sackings by QPR and Crystal Palace when they were in relegation positions? Pullis saved Palace but QPR went down! I agree however he is a good manager at Championship level and finds good free transfers but his money signings like Malky and Ole have been crap! Glad it’s Tan’s money and not mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I think that's the last we'll see of Tomlin in a City shirt. Why can Forest get him fit and we can't? The only way to get fit is to play. Warnock obviously doesn't fancy him after seeing him up close.
    He may start games there is how I'd imagine he gets fit..Warnock doesn't seem to like playing him at the moment maybe because he's not as fit as he likes..

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Warnock always goes on about he has had seven promotions but never mentions his four relegations or his sackings by QPR and Crystal Palace when they were in relegation positions? Pullis saved Palace but QPR went down! I agree however he is a good manager at Championship level and finds good free transfers but his money signings like Malky and Ole have been crap! Glad it’s Tan’s money and not mine!
    It's not like it's a secret and nobody knows about them relegations and sackings mate

He may start games there is how I'd imagine he gets fit..Warnock doesn't seem to like playing him at the moment maybe because he's not as fit as he likes..
    I hope you're right, but I think Warnock has already made up his mind.

No money wasted? What about the initial transfer fees? By all accounts we paid at least £2.5m for Tomlin and Bogle, two of only three players we paid cash for over the summer. That is money wasted as they're no longer at the club to help us with the promotion push. We've also had to spend at least another £2m on bringing in another striker.

Another post on here said Tomlin wanted to be closer to home due to current circumstances. Not sure if that's referring to the aftermath of his court case or not, but if it is then we knew he had issues about moving home when we was at Bristol. We surely also knew there was a court case pending. And why isn't he match fit? He's been with us all season but not been deemed good enough to be in the team. I'm gutted he's gone to Forest, absolutely gutted. Just says to me that Warnock got it wrong.

The Bogle transfer is just as strange as he's gone to a team that isn't even in the League One play-offs. It tells me his level is League One, especially if the likes of Sunderland (who were after Nuhui!), Burton and Bolton even (swap?) didn't come in for him?
    Do you not know the difference between selling and loaning out a player ?. Tomlin and Bogle are loans i.e. They still belong to us. Therefore their original fees have not been wasted - they go away, play games and get fitter. We may even have recall clauses in the agreements. We will only find out if we have lost money on them when they are actually sold on. There is no doubt in my mind that Bogle has gone out to get games and experience and will come back a better player for us in future. Tomlin is a different story but we need someone like him fully fit now for the run in and havent got five or six games to play him back to fitness - we need a fully fit team now to maintain our challenge.

How do you know the fee was 1.6 for Tomlin?
    Because Warnock made a statement before Xmas, as he was fed up of all the speculation, and categorically stated that the fee was £1.6m.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You are deluded as ****
    You have the cheek to call me deluded after some if the crap you have posted on here recently. You obviously dont like Warnock or City, so if I were you I would toddle off and find another team to 'follow' (or slag off if you prefer).

Do you not know the difference between selling and loaning out a player ?. Tomlin and Bogle are loans i.e. They still belong to us. Therefore their original fees have not been wasted - they go away, play games and get fitter. We may even have recall clauses in the agreements. We will only find out if we have lost money on them when they are actually sold on. There is no doubt in my mind that Bogle has gone out to get games and experience and will come back a better player for us in future. Tomlin is a different story but we need someone like him fully fit now for the run in and havent got five or six games to play him back to fitness - we need a fully fit team now to maintain our challenge.
    Funnily enough sunshine, I do, but thanks for the lesson in plain English.

We paid money in transfer fees for them to perform for us this season, not on loan to other teams. As I've said in other posts, I'm gutted Tomlin has gone, but I can't see why we have to send him to a team that may turn into a play-off rival to get him fit.

Funnily enough sunshine, I do, but thanks for the lesson in plain English.

We paid money in transfer fees for them to perform for us this season, not on loan to other teams. As I've said in other posts, I'm gutted Tomlin has gone, but I can't see why we have to send him to a team that may turn into a play-off rival to get him fit.
    We shouldnt be worrying about a team in mid table 16 points below us with 18 games to go. We should be looking up, trying to overtake Villa and Derby, which is what Warnock is doing. If Tomlin does well for Forest his value might go up and we can sell him at a profit. Forest will also be paying most if not all of his wages, so we gain in that way as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Jamie Ward - scored 2 goals in 20 games last season , and 3 goals in 34 games the season before (in all league and cup games)

I hope Neil knows summit we dont - if this is true of course.
    Well one thing Neil and we know is...he is the one who bought Tomlin.

I hope you're right, but I think Warnock has already made up his mind.
    Sadly you may well be right. Annoying as I agree with posters on here who say he had a positive impact when he did come on.

37 years in the game I think Neil Warnock knows what style of player Tomlin is..not like he's replaced him like for like either so looks like he's gone the workhorse approach to "save" our season.

Spot on. Inevitable that he will punish us, as he did years st Lundun Rd😡

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Wilshire View Post
    Spot on. Inevitable that he will punish us, as he did years st Lundun Rd��

Fcuk off Cedric

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Wilshire View Post
    Spot on. Inevitable that he will punish us, as he did years st Lundun Rd😡
    You could at least be slightly inconspicuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue blood View Post
    I agree and think we should keep Tomlin, at least as a bench option. He is one of a few players who can actually create something and be a game changer.
    Indeed. He would make a great bench.

No-one ever knows what goes on behind the scenes or the factors involved when people make decisions.