+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gary Madine signs 3.5 year deal at Cardiff City

Re: Gary Madine signs 3.5 year deal at Cardiff City

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    BBC are quoting a transfer fee in the region of £6m??
    If that is anywhere near accurate its a ridiculous fee to pay and yes we are a basket club
    Predictable response.

So much negativity.

Scored more than any of our squad, playing for a team scrapping at the bottom.

It's clear Grabban was first choice but for whatever reason he wasn't keen, not a lot Warnock can do about that than pursue the next on the list.

We have had a few underwhelming signings under warnock but some really good ones also, hopefully this will be the latter.

Sounds a lot of money but I'm sure it will be based on promotion, him winning the ballon d'or etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    So much negativity.

It's clear Grabban was first choice but for whatever reason he wasn't keen, not a lot Warnock can do about that than pursue the next on the list.

We have had a few underwhelming signings under warnock but some really good ones also, hopefully this will be the latter.

Sounds a lot of money but I'm sure it will be based on promotion, him winning the ballon d'or etc.
    It's because we're still technically a footballing backwater and will alway struggle to compete for players against against teams from the Londons, the Birminghams, the Manchesters etc.

We need a few consistent years in the Prem in order to change that.

For the record, I'm happy with Madine. He's scored a fair few goals in a poor team with poor service.

I can see him getting another 10+ goals for us with Hoilett, NML and big Ken alongside him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    To be fair to him from what I’ve seen he’s good in the air and we’re lacking that up front at the moment, it simply isn’t Zohore’s game to have it launched at his head.
    Let's hope that it gives Zohore a gee-up. Zohore does his work up front but he must think that he could offer more if he didn't have to do the cart-horse stuff (just realised it goes with gee-up). Madine could well help him with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    ...And a complete bell end off the pitch as well by the sounds of it
    3 1/2 years. Is he aware that for once good behaviour could make it longer.?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    So much negativity.

He really wasn't from what I was told yesterday. This came from someone away from the club so would have no reason to try and cover it up, or lie so it didn't look like we had lost out.

We never spoke to Bournemouth or Grabban, seems like we were happy for it to play out with a view to getting Bolton to agree to let Madine go for a more reasonable price.

I was convinced we were in from Grabban because of the outlet's reporting it, but apparently nothing happened.

His was wages are circ £45k a week too!!!!

Bolton’s chairman

As l said in my notes on January 17, and have said in the past, if and when an exceptional offer was made for any of our players, l would also have to consider the club’s longer term financial situation and base my final decision on now and the future, which as we all now know, culminated in Gary moving to Cardiff on a three-year deal and on substantially better terms than we could have offered him if l was to continue the prudent and commercially financial path that we are now having to take.
    I do not blame or disagree with Gary’s decision and fully understand that he has to consider his own and his family’s future as the life and career of a professional footballer is a short one and is sometimes made even shorter by injury, as has clearly been seen with Mark Davies.
    Both clubs agreed not to disclose the transfer details, but surprisingly - and l don’t know how - the level of the fee and the payment terms that have been referred to elsewhere and the figures being bandied around are not that far from reality.
    Indeed, the transaction is one of the largest in this Sky Bet Championship window and is up there with previous club record transfers.
    Furthermore, l can say that the determining factor in agreeing to the transfer, albeit that it was only reluctantly and finally accepted on Wednesday morning, was the fact that the fee was to be paid immediately with further substantial add-ons in the future, together with a substantial share of any future transfer proceeds.
    Ken Anderson, Bolton chairman

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Bolton’s chairman

As l said in my notes on January 17, and have said in the past, if and when an exceptional offer was made for any of our players, l would also have to consider the club’s longer term financial situation and base my final decision on now and the future, which as we all now know, culminated in Gary moving to Cardiff on a three-year deal and on substantially better terms than we could have offered him if l was to continue the prudent and commercially financial path that we are now having to take.
    I do not blame or disagree with Gary’s decision and fully understand that he has to consider his own and his family’s future as the life and career of a professional footballer is a short one and is sometimes made even shorter by injury, as has clearly been seen with Mark Davies.
    Both clubs agreed not to disclose the transfer details, but surprisingly - and l don’t know how - the level of the fee and the payment terms that have been referred to elsewhere and the figures being bandied around are not that far from reality.
    Indeed, the transaction is one of the largest in this Sky Bet Championship window and is up there with previous club record transfers.
    Furthermore, l can say that the determining factor in agreeing to the transfer, albeit that it was only reluctantly and finally accepted on Wednesday morning, was the fact that the fee was to be paid immediately with further substantial add-ons in the future, together with a substantial share of any future transfer proceeds.
    Ken Anderson, Bolton chairman
    Well that scotches all the rumours of it not being around the £6 million mark.
    Club have been shafted good and proper.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Firstly, all that the Bolton chairman has confirmed is that the total fee is 'approaching' £6m and that there are various incentives and sell on clauses included, which more likely than not are allowed for in the £6m. Secondly, if Madine scores some goals and gets some assists leading to us getting promoted then this will be worth in excess of £120m to the club - hardly us being 'shafted good and proper' is it. Worth a gamble by anyones money and that is probably what Tan decided. Thirdly, exactly what do you expect to buy for around £6m in this transfer market - Hughill went to West Ham for £9m yesterday and his scoring record for Preston is worse than Madines for Bolton (a goal every 4.5 games as opposed to every 4.2 games for Madine). Get real and stop critiscising everything than Tan and Warnock do.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Firstly, all that the Bolton chairman has confirmed is that the total fee is 'approaching' £6m and that there are various incentives and sell on clauses included, which more likely than not are allowed for in the £6m. Secondly, if Madine scores some goals and gets some assists leading to us getting promoted then this will be worth in excess of £120m to the club - hardly us being 'shafted good and proper' is it. Worth a gamble by anyones money and that is probably what Tan decided. Thirdly, exactly what do you expect to buy for around £6m in this transfer market - Hughill went to West Ham for £9m yesterday and his scoring record for Preston is worse than Madines for Bolton (a goal every 4.5 games as opposed to every 4.2 games for Madine). Get real and stop critiscising everything than Tan and Warnock do.
    For a minute i thought we had gone back a season and you were talking about Ricky Lambert. He too was hailed money well spent and will get us the goals we need etc etc . He ended up costing us a fortune for what. Then theres the useless lump Omar Bogle. £700k for 13 appearances. TBH i dont think we can afford many more of these hunches do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    No it doesnt.

For a minute i thought we had gone back a season and you were talking about Ricky Lambert. He too was hailed money well spent and will get us the goals we need etc etc . He ended up costing us a fortune for what. Then theres the useless lump Omar Bogle. £700k for 13 appearances. TBH i dont think we can afford many more of these hunches do you?
    Bogle is still our player, as is Tomlin. They are both getting games and their wages are being at least part covered by the other clubs. So neither of them are costing us a fortune. You neglect to point out that Bogle us only 24 and has scored three important goals for us in only 10 games. His overall record is over 100 goals in 200 games - hardly a useless lump is he.

very uninspiring..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZBDHadp3s4

another goal pocher? when was the last time we played that way

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Bogle is still our player, as is Tomlin. They are both getting games and their wages are being at least part covered by the other clubs. So neither of them are costing us a fortune. You neglect to point out that Bogle us only 24 and has scored three important goals for us in only 10 games. His overall record is over 100 goals in 200 games - hardly a useless lump is he.
    Yes, but neither of them are making a contribution at CCFC at the moment, so, whatever we pay out, even at a reduced rate in wages, is a loss. Tomlin was brought in to play, Bogle to put pressure of Zohore, or offer a different approach, it hasn't worked out. Our inability to sign a consistent striker over the last few seasons is appalling. Let's hope Madine can produce.

Loan fee off Peterborough..still our player...can sell on as well...hardly "700k for 13 appearances"

Why do you shit on everything the club does? If it brings you such misery why support them?

At least we got another Gary.

Just had a scary thought about gary and Tomlin in training...or Patterson telling Madine to run about like he did Zohore...oh crikey

Deluded!!

Deluded!!
    Get down the brass house lad..

Deluded!!
    agreed