+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tomlin out / Ward in. Confirmed

Tomlin out / Ward in. Confirmed

Late news

Re: Tomlin out / Ward in. Confirmed

I don't know if this is a good deal or not with Tomlin not being able to play a full game

From official site cardiffcityfc.co.uk
    Cardiff City Football Club are delighted to confirm the loan signing of Jamie Ward from Nottingham Forest.

The 31-year-old joins the Bluebirds for the remainder of the 2017/18 season, subject to international clearance.

The deal sees Lee Tomlin move in the opposite direction, with his loan deal with the Reds also running until the end of the current campaign. We wish Lee all the very best during his time at the City Ground.

Jamie began his career at Aston Villa, before making his name at Torquay United and Chesterfield - where he scored 31 goals in 74 games for the Spireites.

The forward continued to impress at Sheffield United and Derby County, before signing for Forest in July 2015. A Northern Ireland international, Jamie has over 30 caps to his name and played in all four of their matches at the UEFA Euro 2016 Finals.

Upon the completion of the deal, Neil Warnock spoke to cardiffcityfc.co.uk, saying: “I’ve always liked Jamie.

“I think his attitude is fantastic - he’s quick, dynamic and can play anywhere across the attacking line.

“I think Lee [Tomlin] needs a run of games and he has more chance of that at Nottingham Forest. The manager knows him and he’s played well under him in the past. We’d like to wish him well while at the City Ground.”

I've liked what I've seen from Ward, hopefully this is a good signing.

Behind Medine as a 10?